Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

The players are as much to blame as the managment team

There is no doubting that our performance against Watford was shocking - particularly the first half which was unforgivable. Many people are now calling for Worthy''s head. But quite frankly the players have been a disgrace this season. They continually put in inept performances all over the pitch. So many players seem to be off form. They are picking up big money to play professional football, and quite frankly they are a disgrace to their profession. It''s time we got some honest players back into that dressing room like we had when Iwan, Malky and Holt were when we stormed to promotion. I''m not saying we should get those players back, as they are all too old now, but players who take pride in their profession and give 110% every week.

What can a manager do when the team play total c**p? Yes he is responsible, but quite frankly most of our players have been hopeless this season, with very few exceptions.

I would like to see the 5 most passionate Norwich fans sent into our dressing room before the Ipswich game and just allowed to let rip at the team to fire them up. Because they all need a ROCKET up there a***s.

I think you are right Poirot.  Worthy has take responsibilty but so do the players.  I have spoke at lengths about tactics, organisation etc but at the end of day coaching can only do so much.  If the players do not understand the tactics as some people say then there is something very wrong with them. 

These players have been playing football all there lives and they should have played under most formations, if they cannot understand how to play in 4-4-2 then we have very serious problems.

The manager has to be responsible.. on paper we have the best team in this division.. as for IWAN, MALKY, HOLT, being to old.. rubbish.. as RONBOL RONBOL put it IWAN is so slow he goes backwards.. well i watched the HAMMERS on sky, how old is SHERINGHAM.. never has had any pace but him and HAREWOOD destroyed VILLA..

WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY GOOD AWAY FROM HOME WITH WORTHY IN CHARGE.. OUT NOW PLEASE

And whose responsible for those players?   Step up to the plate Mr Nigel Worthington, the best coach in the world according to some you.    If the players are to blame then why bother having a manager?

He''s now on borrowed time.   Lose the game against Ipswich and he''s going to be heading down a long slippery slope...

Can someone remind me when we last won a league match away from home?

[quote]And whose responsible for those players? Step up to the plate Mr Nigel Worthington, the best coach in the world according to some you. If the players are to blame then why bother having a manager...[/quote]

Plastic, I am hardly Worthy''s biggest fan but the players do have to take some responsiblilty.  Why should they need to be told to go out and play with passion and pride?

Worthington and the players alike have to take the blame and admit that this is not good enough.

If the players are not even slighty to blame for our bad results because they are Worthy''s responsibility, does that mean that Worthy should take all the plaudits for winning the league and that none should go to the players?

I think it''s true to say that a bad defeat against the scum (who are 5 points ahead of us) will mean that Worthy loses even more support.  My biggest concern is that Worthy has lost the dressing room and that is why the players are not performing.

Its a very fair point. I only heard the second half, and what i heard we were totally on top. That proves that the players CAN do it... they just didnt, for whatever reason. Its obvious, and has been for some time now, that the players at NCFC get a very easy ride. They feel comfortable that they can give any level of performance and will still be cheered from the rafters by the mug punters that turn out in great numbers to watch them. Its human nature. Surely highly paid professionals should be capable of ''motivating'' themselves, without recourse to dark threats and intimidation, or winston churchill speeches from NW. Maybe worthingtonm, although not immune from criticism, shouldnt be held solely responsible for the appalling nightmare that is this season. Also worth noting that the hysterical happy clappy rose tinted merchants who screech at anyone with a negative view on proceedings have vacated the board recently.

Its a very fair point. I only heard the second half, and what i heard we were totally on top. That proves that the players CAN do it... they just didnt, for whatever reason. Its obvious, and has been for some time now, that the players at NCFC get a very easy ride. They feel comfortable that they can give any level of performance and will still be cheered from the rafters by the mug punters that turn out in great numbers to watch them. Its human nature. Surely highly paid professionals should be capable of ''motivating'' themselves, without recourse to dark threats and intimidation, or winston churchill speeches from NW. Maybe worthingtonm, although not immune from criticism, shouldnt be held solely responsible for the appalling nightmare that is this season. Also worth noting that the hysterical happy clappy rose tinted merchants who screech at anyone with a negative view on proceedings have vacated the board recently.