Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Oliveiras dive - 20 min highlights

As a football fan Oliveira''s dive is shameful to say the least. As a City fan it is extremely embarrassing.I can only imagine the outrage had this have been a Leeds player performing this idiocy in the corner near the Snakepit and the Main StandGo to 14.50 secs to see his diveotherwise enjoy the highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbkaqsdk8RY

Would have no issue at all if they brought in a similar rule to diving - straight 2 game ban if you feign injury in an attempt to get a player sent off.

I''m not sure what Oliveira was trying to achieve?

Seems to be good reasons why the fans are not really enamoured with him anymore.

I would like to see an honest, non poser brought in for January if possible. It is not good having to rely on him for our goalscoring.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Have just seen that for the first time - what a joke. The guy needs to sort his head out - does he not know that cameras are everywhere and will highlight bellendery like that![/quote]
Nah, if he knew the cameras were still about he''d have performed for us like he did against Sheffield Wednesday. [:P]

Almost as embarrassing as taking your shirt off and running to your new manager because you don''t start his first game in charge, if you want to build a team he''s the worst type of player you can have, cares about himself only which is why when he''s got an easy ball to square for another player he''ll shoot everytime

Don''t care if we finish 19th this season (the season''s gone anyway) as long as we get rid of this guy in January. He''s not going to score the goals we need anyway, clearly doesn''t want to be here and this is just plain embarrassing. Makes my blood boil when I see opposition doing it or teams in matches other than Norwich ones, we don''t want to see our own players doing this.

Don''t mind a bit of winding the Dirty Leeds up... probably a good job he dived tbh, if not he''d probably thrown a punch or a headbutt and been sent off. He was clearly close to seeing the red mist.

There''s a reason we have him. On ability alone, he would be at a top ten premier league club. Unfortunately he lets his heart rule his head which leads to inconsistent performances and the explosive potential for a red card at any given moment.

Wind Oliveria up and its job done for the opposition.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 18/12/2017 12:27 PM:

........... On ability alone, he would be at a top ten premier league club.

Are we both watching the same player?

Top 10 premier league side? Don''t make me laugh

couldnt even get near a Swansea team struggling against relegation

What abilities are these? What I see is average pace, not that great in the air, movement is ok but nothing special but has a decent first touch and the ability to turn a player, yeah scores the odd cracking goal from distance but blazes 90% over the bar when there are far better options available to him, if you chuck enough shite against a wall sooner or later some will stick.

Most players have a decent game every now and again or they wouldn''t be footballers that doesn''t mean they have top 10 premier league ability

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 18/12/2017 12:27 PM:

........... On ability alone, he would be at a top ten premier league club.

Are we both watching the same player?[/quote]
He does have some quality but you''re right, he''s not a top 10 premier league ability player. And he certainly won''t be going to one anytime soon.

Hard to sell his ability this season. But his head is clearly not in it for whatever reason.

I just think back to some of his goals last season, and Fulham this season, he can score a goal out of nothing. He can beat defenders, despite not being that quick, and is very strong on the ball. I do believe in the right side he could flourish in the premier league.

Problem is, I don''t think he''ll ever fully curb this hard done by, too good for this team, attitude.

A very good footballer when he turns up but he has a mighty weird attitude problem. The first game this season comes to mind. If he just concentrated on football rather than theatrics it will be much better for everyone involved!

Given that it''s a lot easier to make a dive look convincing than it is to score goals, is it any wonder that he''s become totally useless in front of goal.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 2017-12-18 4:27 PM:

Don''t mind a bit of winding the Dirty Leeds up... probably a good job he dived tbh, if not he''d probably thrown a punch or a headbutt and been sent off. He was clearly close to seeing the red mist.

There''s a reason we have him. On ability alone, he would be at a top ten premier league club........

He was! And they didn’t take up the option to sign him! Wonder why that was?

Not forgetting he was with Benfica. A world top ten side. They didn’t want him either. Wonder why that was!?

[quote user="City 2nd"]lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 2017-12-18 4:27 PM:

There''s a reason we have him. On ability alone, he would be at a top ten premier league club........

He was! And they didn’t take up the option to sign him! Wonder why that was?

Not forgetting he was with Benfica. A world top ten side. They didn’t want him either. Wonder why that was!?[/quote]That seems to be the thought the longer this goes on.Webber/Farke had stated that they wanted players who would fit in, commit themselves 100% and buy into what was trying to be achievedOliveira seems to be the direct opposite of all of that. Hopefully there is a lower league player such as Raggett who can step up in Jan and we can be rid of this idiotic drama queen.

Was there criticism of Nelson when he was scoring them goals oh not so long ago?......Sheeple makin'' a noo scapegoat.....

Let''s blame Naughty Nelson for all the current ills at NCFC.....''Don''t look over here......Look over there!''......

Deflection and diversion.......or tactically priming the punters and softening the blow, before sale or sacking.......

I''m of the opinion that if you give NO 10 clear chances from <18 yards, he''s got a genuinely good chance of notching 8 or 9 of them.

This isn''t something you can say of Cameron Jerome who I would back to get 3 or 4 in the same situation. However, it must be said that the presence and workrate of CJ is notable when Oliveira is floating about out wide, getting in scraps.

Its a shame both strikers are so dichotomous in this way; what you gain with one, people will inevitably dislike losing with the other.

The best idea of a striker currently playing that would best suit us is Daryll Murphy IMO, someone who fronts up to support the team but also has one eye on scoring a goal at all times.

Amazing what was clearly straight red for Leeds player for throwing a punch and fans get at our player!

CJ wrote the following post at 2017-12-20 7:26 AM:

Amazing what was clearly straight red for Leeds player for throwing a punch and fans get at our player!

If that was a “punch’ and warranted a straight red card, then God help us all! Go back and look at the video again and tell me then that Oliveira was pole axed by the “punch” and was genuinely knocked over!? There is quite simply no place or excuse for what he did. Would you want to see your ten year old do that at a schoolboy match?

Before the dive the Leeds player clearly throws a punch and connects , yes I know not hard punch but a straight red.

Also look at all the Leeds fans behind the incident interestingly none of them react to the dive , and they could see much better than the tv replay what was going on.

And the Leeds player was trying to stop Olivera getting on with the game by taking our throw , so how you can blame Olivera really is unbelievable who is trying to play football unlike the Leeds player!

Absolutely pathetic. Drop him and play Jerome, who is an honest hard working player and you would never see him fall down like that.

[quote user="CJ"]And the Leeds player was trying to stop Olivera getting on with the game by taking our throw , so how you can blame Olivera really is unbelievable who is trying to play football unlike the Leeds player![/quote]No. That is just you being stupid.It was Oliveira who put his hand out first, then fell over after NO contact, feigning a strike to the side of his face.

Aside from this, take a look at how much Leeds had moved the touchline in to narrow the pitch.I think this should be stopped. Set out your pitch markings and stick to them for the rest of the season.