Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Does this affect anyone on here, for the Brentford game?

Surely out club wouldn''t replace kids who need to stand on their seats to see with kids who need to stand on their seats to see....

LDC

“The solution is to get kids in the front rows - that''s where they always used to go anyway, to ensure a good view regardless of people standing or sitting. “

But they will get wet there when it rains......somebody will complain........!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]See Ricardo, thats just the thing. If its about rules being broken, why not Block B, C, D, E, Snakepit, away fans etc?

They are being allowed to stand yet Block A are being made out to be these horrible little rule breakers[/quote]

Easy target. They are not going to take on Blocks D and E are they?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]So if the Brentford fans stand on Friday night will there be a mass ejection of away support?......Nope, and you all know that......Double standards......or not?......[/quote]

Picking on one small section of the crowd is nothing but blatant discrimination.

[quote user="mighty yellow"]For anyone that hasn''t watched the video:

The club don''t care if people stand, although they obviously have to make the right noises re: health and safety.

At least one person has complained about restricted view in Barclay A. There have been no complaints from any other part of the stadium.

As a result, children will be moved from Barclay A to protect our capacity/ticket selling ability.

If you''re going to use this as a rod to beat the club with, you really are desperate. Plenty of things to moan about at the moment, this isn''t one of them.[/quote]

Isn''t it about fairness, discrimination and treating your customers in the same way. "All people are equal but some are more equal than others".

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Mello Yello"]So if the Brentford fans stand on Friday night will there be a mass ejection of away support?......Nope, and you all know that......Double standards......or not?......[/quote]

It is a bit irrelevant as they are not our fans. The issue is with fans repeatedly standing (apparently specifically children standing on seats) week in week out. Away fans turn up once a season so it is not really going to be a long-term problem like this is.[/quote]

Love that! Just imagine, a serious incident in the away section resulting from fans standing. The Club''s response? Nothing to do with us, they were away supporters.

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]I sit in the Jarrold stand and can kind of see what happens over there. Its obvious that people stand the entire game in block A, the snake pit and then B and C. The issue is that security obviously have to follow rules and ask people to sit down if that is a rule. My main gripe is that against Sheffield Wednesday the stewards got the front section in block A to sit down but then there were a row of people who chose to continue standing which meant everyone behind them had to stand.

It was made very obvious that these people could lose their seat if they stand... surely common sense prevails and for one game they sit down for part of the game? The first half for instance was nothing to stand up for. Unfortunately being stubborn has resulted in the club being forced into action.

Once these children are moved the situation will continue and it will only end with further issues because whats stopping the stewards then moving onto block B, C and the snakepit? Is it not hard to sit for a period of a game?[/quote]

I am more than happy to sit for the whole game as I find it practically impossible to sleep whilst standing up!!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]what happens if they move the people and the people that replace them in their seats stand up ? :-)[/quote]

The replacements will be selected from the officially recognised "sit down pool"

The club have made their move and it will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, on Friday. Feel sorry for any young fan who has had their season ticket from the age of around 8 and then get told to move at the age of 16. Wouldn''t find me moving after 14 years odd! Moving the half way line a few years back put me to one side of it... I thought I had the wrong chair at one point ha.

Main thing we need to focus of is points - get some wins so we don''t moan about every blade of grass or child standing on chairs.

the thing is the people they are moving had a letter pointing this out then i imagine they have cctv of those people doing it again that is where the Club can say you have to move as you continue to break the rules

if that person sat down after the warning then how can they be forced to move if they are doing nothing wrong ?

I don''t get this. Surely it''s because people stand that this solution had to be found. The alternative would be for our club to try and enforce that everybody in the ground to remain seated. As I see it this solution enables fans who want to stand to carry on standing?

What other solution do you suggest Norfolk and Webbo?

i would invite the 50 odd people to the club explain there has been a complaint about them standing on seats etc

then state you can still have your seat and we will not force you to move you unless you are caught on cctv with your child on his seat again this is a final warning

if he needs to stand on his seat to see and he has problems seeing the game then we will move you now to stop this happening again

forcing people to move without a meeting may upset 50 customers to keep one person / customer happy

Our club aren''t driving this Norfolk. They are doing all they can to find a solution. If they do as you suggest it''s most likely the capacity will be reduced.

The club have been complicit by turning a blind eye for years. They have nobody to blame but themselves now that it has blown up.

You can argue all you like about safe standing but at this present time it isnt allowed and we have no provision for it. Tolerating a sort of halfway house was always going to end in tears.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t get this. Surely it''s because people stand that this solution had to be found. The alternative would be for our club to try and enforce that everybody in the ground to remain seated. As I see it this solution enables fans who want to stand to carry on standing?

What other solution do you suggest Norfolk and Webbo?[/quote]

It''s all very well to pick on 50 people - as long as you''re not one of the 50. Are they trying to tell us that this is the only area of the ground where this problem exists? It seems like the plan is to "sacrifice" 50 people so that the rest can carry on with what they''re doing.

Ricardo gets it......Yet there are still those that will continue to defend the indefensible - as those at the helm can ne''er do wrong.......But they have by not stopping it at the onset, and folk just cannot accept that......"But, but, but in hindsight!" the apologists continually bleat......

"But your honour, everyone else was doing 90 mph past the speed camera in a 50mph limit, and I was just keeping up with the flow - otherwise there may have been an accident"

It''s not about sacrificing 50 people. It''s not driven by our club. They are trying to find a solution. What do you suggest?

I think us fans need to get together, and make a stand against this decision.

Perhaps we all ought to stand together (but not on the seats, especially for people my size), tomorrow night, say in the 50th minute?

"STAND FOR THE 50"

I''m not standing for it. However as I understand it standing in seated areas, although a long standing issue, is not illegal and not what this issue is directly about. 

Yeah I''m not really sure what more the club could do here.

The complainer is within his rights to complain (although I don''t see why he couldn''t just move) and the club can''t ignore that. I don''t see how the club can force people to sit without accusations of heavy handed stewarding. The solution is certainly not ideal for those affected but there is no solution here that wouldn''t piss off someone.

Yeah it''s all down to those outsider elfinsaferty furrin killjoy nasty''s that are depriving those poor 50 innocents of their standing rights!....."BOOOOOO!".......

I bet those who are employed by NCFC for security and crowd control are also very emotionally sympathetic to the poor 50 or so, "yer gorra sitterdowners or else!"....OOPs too late, yer gorra move!

It has nothing to do with illegality Nutty. The club either allows standing or it doesn''t. They''ve tried to placate the hardcore standers with totally predictable results. As Mello rightly comments if you allow one group to get away with it then you have merely created an excuse for others.

Either standing is allowed or it isn''t. You can''t have it both ways.

I think it''s both legal and allowed Rickyyyyyyy. As I understand it the issue being raised by the council and emergency services is the standing on seats. The threats to reduce capacity are not about standing.
Now it''s simple. You''re either in or out or shaking it all about for 45 years[H]

You are dancing round the problem Nutty. If standing is acceptable in one area it must be acceptable in all areas. Therefore nobody should complain if someone in front of them decides to stand. You may think this unlikely in practice but is the logical outcome of the clubs failure to enforce it''s own rules.