Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Does this affect anyone on here, for the Brentford game?

If anything our club are now paying for having such a relaxed attitude about this rule. In Block E we used to just have to "sit for the cameras". Then we''d all stand up. The stewards would then go to the front and ask people to sit. They''d work their way back until something exciting happened. If nothing did then someone toward the back would start "stand up if you hate the scum..." at such point everyone would stand. However now other authorities are involved in this they are between a rock and a hard place with no solution at hand.

What would people suggest they do? It seems now people want them to enforce the rule all over the stadium. I expect using hindsight they will now be guilty for not enforcing it before. They could get the beast back with the rule book and get back to the ejections and walk outs we had ten years ago. I wonder what the Barclay And Project have to say about this?

I’m not really sure there was ever a “satisfactory for all” outcome from this.

On the one hand, the dude that complained has every right to. He pays for his seat and as such it’s a reasonable expectation that in an all-seater stadium, he should be able to see the game from it.

By the same token, the Barclay stand up. Always have and always will, so it’s easy to argue that if this gent or lady had ever been in Carrow Road before that they’d be aware that the seat is only likely to be any use before kick off or at half time.

What the club have done is try to upset the least amount of people possible. I kind of get it. I’ve been taking my son into Block E for a few years now, up until this season if he hadn’t stood on his seat he wouldn’t have seen a thing. The stewards and old bill turned a blind eye and everyone was happy BUT it was definitely dangerous whenever we scored and I’d have to immediately grab him to ensure he didn’t get catapulted halfway down the stand.

It’s the kids on the seats that are most likely to get hurt and as such they have to be the main concern with regard to safety. So it does make sense, sort of. The counter argument is that if everybody sat down then they wouldn’t have to stand on the seats but then there would be no (even less) atmosphere and the selfish parents (like me) that wanted to remain in the Barclay but also have a “family” experience probably wouldn’t care about being there anymore. Meh.

Whatever they’d have done there would be a section that copped for it; this is probably the right decision as far as ensuring safety and minimising disruption go but I doubt it will be an issue that disappears quickly.

Well the club''s made a rod for its own back.....Rather than let it drag and turn a blind eye since the rules were introduced - they should have enforced it and continued to enforce the rule since the onset......Give ''em an inch an'' all that......

Let''s rally for the RAIL!.......When we get promoted then we''ll have to DE-RAIL, won''t we?......

So then hopefully we won''t have to DE-RAIL for a good few seasons then......

Do you think they''ll also permanently affix used milk crates along the front so the kids can stand on and see?.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Well the club''s made a rod for its own back.....Rather than let it drag and turn a blind eye since the rules were introduced - they should have enforced it and continued to enforce the rule since the onset......Give ''em an inch an'' all that......[/quote][Y]

So if the kids are moved out does that mean that everyone else can carry on standing, apart from you know who?

As I understand it the issue is children standing on seats. Not people standing in seated areas. I believe SAG will not tolerate this under any circumstances.

It has perhaps been badly communicated if it is just about kids standing on seats. If they just came out and said ''no children standing on seats or we''ll either be forced by the powers that be to close this block under safety regulations or move you and your children to a different area of the ground where they can see without needing to stand on a seat'' people might not have got so angry with the whole situation

[quote user="AJ"]It has perhaps been badly communicated if it is just about kids standing on seats. If they just came out and said ''no children standing on seats or we''ll either be forced by the powers that be to close this block under safety regulations or move you and your children to a different area of the ground where they can see without needing to stand on a seat'' people might not have got so angry with the whole situation[/quote]Children are usually smaller than adults so if the adults stand the children have to climb on the seat to see. It isn''t rocket science to see the answer to this, it''s just that some people refuse to contemplate it.

It does seem to be a different issue now, but maybe as you say AJ it was just that it hadn''t been communicated in that way initially. So the complaints were about children standing on seats?

Great hindsight Rickyyyyy ☺

If you hadnt voted us into the common market all those years ago we wouldnt have had this Brexit bollox now. Hang your head in shame......

Communication.......Communication.......Communication.......?

It doesn''t matter if kids are only stood on seats because they can''t see the match, the seats aren''t manufactured to be stood on and the practice is very dangerous.....Nobody stands near me either on their seats or on terra firma during the match, there are also small kids that sit near to me with their parents, guardians etc who remain seated throughout all the game......Standing on seats by these minors around me is therefore unnecessary, as these kids are able to follow, enjoy and watch the game without any restricted view whilst sat on their allocated seats with their family etc.....

How difficult is it for some people to comprehend?......The club have got it wrong from the onset of the rules and regulations by being selectively ''blind-eyed'' and allowing so called ''flexibility'' concerning standing in ''certain areas'' in an all-seated stadium during play. But, there are those who continually take umbrage to any club criticism whatsoever, and continually attempt to justify and defend the club for the situation it currently finds itself in......Nip it in the bud, and things don''t escalate.......But, it hasn''t done and that''s why we are were we are.......

Mello, how the hell can you nip it in the bud though? It''s not a problem unique to Norwich, but a problem facing nearly every club in the football league.

Evicting supporters during a game will incite, and issuing banning orders or suspensions will permanently damage the relationship with certain supporters.

Since Hillsborough all Premier and Championship grounds are “ all seater “ by law. If this law had been adhered to from day one everybody would comply.

At our last trip to Wembley there was a family sat next to me, Grandfather, Father and young son who was about four. Three big pillock stood up right in front of the boy and refused to sit, must have ruined the whole experience for him.

Okay, so the original letter should have made the point clearer.

For the safety of their own kids, parents should stop the kids from standing on chairs. If this caused the kids a problem because adults all around them continue to stand, then let the club know and the club will try to find them alternative seating arrangements (like my suggestion of the first two rows of block A becoming children only / under 1.4m height seating). However any parent who continued to allow their kid to stand, and who made no attempt to relocate their child''s seat, then ban in place. Final result after that; about three or four parents moaning on here, whilst rest of affected people did the right thing.

Christ, the letter could have even been sent to the kids address marked FAO of the Parent of said child. Then even the kid need not know anything of it.

The whole thing has been handled badly and hiding behind the SAG is cack handed blame deflection, like a lot of things at Carra Rudd at the mo''.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Since Hillsborough all Premier and Championship grounds are “ all seater “ by law. If this law had been adhered to from day one everybody would comply.

At our last trip to Wembley there was a family sat next to me, Grandfather, Father and young son who was about four. Three big pillock stood up right in front of the boy and refused to sit, must have ruined the whole experience for him.[/quote]

The ''law'' has been adhered to. The stadium is all seater. The ''''law'' requires a seat, it does not require you to sit in it. That is ground regulations not law.

Personally I want to sit, I''m oldish & short, so I sit in the River End. I would not expect to sit in the Barclay lower. Equally I would not expect anyone to stand in the upper river end

I sit in the Jarrold stand and can kind of see what happens over there. Its obvious that people stand the entire game in block A, the snake pit and then B and C. The issue is that security obviously have to follow rules and ask people to sit down if that is a rule. My main gripe is that against Sheffield Wednesday the stewards got the front section in block A to sit down but then there were a row of people who chose to continue standing which meant everyone behind them had to stand.

It was made very obvious that these people could lose their seat if they stand... surely common sense prevails and for one game they sit down for part of the game? The first half for instance was nothing to stand up for. Unfortunately being stubborn has resulted in the club being forced into action.

Once these children are moved the situation will continue and it will only end with further issues because whats stopping the stewards then moving onto block B, C and the snakepit? Is it not hard to sit for a period of a game?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Surely the Barclay End Projekt must have a view on this. Thommo?[/quote]The fans need a voice Nutty.

It is a problem that will exist even if people sit down for most of a match.  The problem is that if people are seated, as soon as the play gets exciting everyone stand up anyway - it has always been so. I can remember the same as a nipper in the main stand with my Dad, you had a good view of the match - except when something exciting happened. It''s tough being a kid.....  The solution is to get kids in the front rows - that''s where they always used to go anyway, to ensure a good view regardless of people standing or sitting.   

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]All because one person repeatedly complained?[/quote]

Or because some people think they can flout the rules with impunity.Depends upon your viewpoint I suppose.[/quote]

It seems as though you want a stadium with no noise what so ever, the only people who can be bothered anymore to sing are getting picked on by ????

[quote user="STFU"]The previous thread on the subject of standing got pulled-does anyone know why?[/quote]

Email Peter Raven, he’ll definitely know👍