Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Does this affect anyone on here, for the Brentford game?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/more-than-50-norwich-city-fans-to-be-forced-to-move-seats-to-stop-standing-concerns-from-cutting-carrow-road-capacity-1-5326044

Am I missing the point here? Surely the people that need to be sorted out, are the people that are blocking the kids view?

This happens at most grounds in the Country. Why the focus on Norwich.

This safety committee that keeps being refereed too as the driver to this... their nothing more than a council advisory group aren''t they?

This isn''t the FA getting involved or issuing threats. Why are we are the club giving this airtime and creating a problem?

The problem is not the safety group it''s the fans who stand. Their selfish behaviour is what has created the problem.

I''m in favour of safe standing areas but whilst we still have all seater grounds we just have to put up with it.

I do understand that for some standing is really important to them but the club is just following the rules. It''s a shame for those kids not to have access to what is mostly the noisiest part of the ground.

I remember being in the Barkley as a young child and it was mental whenever we scored.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the Safety Group have taken specific issue with kids standing on seats to be able to see because everyone else is standing - which whilst it isn''t their fault it is fair enough because I can see why this is dangerous given the club have certain liability of course.

As for Steve Stone''s solution, whilst it isn''t these kids fault, moving them to an area where standing isn''t an issue means they won''t have to stand on seats which will please the Safety Group and stop the threat of reduced ground capacity. It also means they are moving a very small portion of fans rather than a whole block.

Whilst long-term it doesn''t solve the problem of people standing in the first place, it at least keeps the kids safe and keeps the Safety Group happy.

Makes sense to me for now.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]All because one person repeatedly complained?[/quote]

Or because some people think they can flout the rules with impunity.Depends upon your viewpoint I suppose.

See Ricardo, thats just the thing. If its about rules being broken, why not Block B, C, D, E, Snakepit, away fans etc?

They are being allowed to stand yet Block A are being made out to be these horrible little rule breakers

One must accept that the rules dictate no standing.....but, the away support that stands for the duration of the game makes an absolute mockery of the home support situation in the lower Barclay......Then the no-standing rule should be enforced in all seated areas around the stadium......Should it not?.......

Well Mello, if it makes a mockery of it that away fans can stand unchallenged, its made even worse by the fact its only 1 of 5 blocks being picked on in the Barclay. A Block have to sit, yet they have the Snakepit one side and the rest of the Barclay the other who are also ''allowed'' to stand

I guess none of the away fans are complaining about standing though.

I''m interested in where they''re going to put them - I understood there weren''t any season tickets available in groups of 3 or 4, unless you want a restricted view. I accept the irony of that statement if you can''t see because someone''s standing in front of you in Block A!

Nothing to do about complaining although I''m under the understanding that some or someone has?.....It''s the rules and regulations that are to be enforced regarding standing in seated areas......You can''t enforce a ''no-standing'' rule in a small section of the stadia but then allow away fans to break that rule.....All, or nothing......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Nothing to do about complaining although I''m under the understanding that some or someone has?.....It''s the rules and regulations that are to be enforced regarding standing in seated areas......You can''t enforce a ''no-standing'' rule in a small section of the stadia but then allow away fans to break that rule.....All, or nothing......[/quote]

But it happens at most clubs. Why are the club making a rod for there own back by publicising it?

One positive to take from this is it does sound like rail standing will be installed in the lower Barclay once approved for use in the Championship.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]That, is the million dollar question?......[/quote]

Indeed. Can''t understand their motive. Seems illogical and risks disharmony between the club and the fans.

I bet the majority of the people being moved are extremely annoyed by this. PR disaster in my book.

Not just Webber then.....Stone fancies a piece of incompetence pie.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]That, is the million dollar question?......[/quote]

Indeed. Can''t understand their motive. Seems illogical and risks disharmony between the club and the fans.

I bet the majority of the people being moved are extremely annoyed by this. PR disaster in my book.

Not just Webber then.....Stone fancies a piece of incompetence pie.[/quote]
It''s not just an advisory board though - they issue the certificates which allow us to have people in the stadium to watch games. So you can''t just ignore them.
Where is the incompetence? They''ve basically done the best they could with the situation at hand once a fan had complained to the commission. They''ve found a work around to having to reduce capacity in that block and they''ve been open and honest with the fans about it.
What happens if you stand at the Madjeski?

So if the Brentford fans stand on Friday night will there be a mass ejection of away support?......Nope, and you all know that......Double standards......or not?......

There must be a less public way to go about this, which doesn''t make the club seem like the bad guys.

BUT if they did got for a less public route then it would get out anyway, and then the club would be made out to look like the bad guys AND get accused of covering it up.

Club cant win either way this time. At least that one person that repeatedly complained can now sit at games high on their ego trip, and still not be able to see as people are still going to be standing in front of them...

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]That, is the million dollar question?......[/quote]

Not just Webber then.....Stone fancies a piece of incompetence pie.[/quote]
It''s not just an advisory board though - they issue the certificates which allow us to have people in the stadium to watch games. So you can''t just ignore them.
Where is the incompetence? They''ve basically done the best they could with the situation at hand once a fan had complained to the commission. They''ve found a work around to having to reduce capacity in that block and they''ve been open and honest with the fans about it.
What happens if you stand at the Madjeski?
[/quote]

It''s a massive PR disaster. From the first public release prior to the Sheff Wed game, friction between the club and fans has been unnecessarily created.

There''s no precedent to this as far as I am aware. Only crowd trouble has resulted in a reduced capacity previously.

Will the Brentford fans be re-seated or removed on Friday when they stand? No they won''t. Has a letter gone to Brentford warning them of such action, I doubt it.

The matter should have been dealt with quietly. And if it is true only one or a handful of people who have complained, well quite frankly the club should have said like it or lump it, or offer them somewhere else to sit. The club cannot control every eventuality.

Now the club has backed themselves into a position where they have to act, and have set a difficult precedent moving forward. Incompetence, there you go.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]So if the Brentford fans stand on Friday night will there be a mass ejection of away support?......Nope, and you all know that......Double standards......or not?......[/quote]

It is a bit irrelevant as they are not our fans. The issue is with fans repeatedly standing (apparently specifically children standing on seats) week in week out. Away fans turn up once a season so it is not really going to be a long-term problem like this is.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Mello Yello"]So if the Brentford fans stand on Friday night will there be a mass ejection of away support?......Nope, and you all know that......Double standards......or not?......[/quote]

It is a bit irrelevant as they are not our fans. The issue is with fans repeatedly standing (apparently specifically children standing on seats) week in week out. Away fans turn up once a season so it is not really going to be a long-term problem like this is.[/quote]

But if every away side coming to Carrow Road stands, it is a long term problem, isn''t it?

And its our Stadium, therefore the away supporters are our responsibility while they are using it.

I sit in the Geoffrey Watling stand, next to the Snakepit and close to Block A of the Lower Barclay, my perspective is that the stewards in the Block A seem over zealous and that area seems to be picked upon. At the Sheff Wed game the stewards in Block A were active in trying to get people to sit, yet their were a number of people standing in the other Blocks but the stewards for those areas were not dong anything about it. I am guessing that Block A is being made an example of.......

For anyone that hasn''t watched the video:

The club don''t care if people stand, although they obviously have to make the right noises re: health and safety.

At least one person has complained about restricted view in Barclay A. There have been no complaints from any other part of the stadium.

As a result, children will be moved from Barclay A to protect our capacity/ticket selling ability.

If you''re going to use this as a rod to beat the club with, you really are desperate. Plenty of things to moan about at the moment, this isn''t one of them.

It''s not ''irrelevant'' so I can''t understand why anyone should think it''s so?......Standing continuously in the stadium when it''s against the rules an'' regs - is illegal......Whether you''re stood in the Barclay Lower block A, B, C or D or the River End, Jarrold away section, City Stand, yadda yadda gabba gabba hey!......

Next you''ll be saying it''s OK to drive the wrong way down a ''one way'' slip road.....Because only a few lawbreakers do it and it''s very rare that someone actually comes down the other ''right'' way.....Unbelievable......really is.......

Funny what can happen in a fortnight. Two weeks ago it was the person who sat at fault, now its the person who stands. Damned if you do, damned if you don''t!

My solution, a children''s only area, say front two rows of Block A, so that parents can keep an eye on their nearest and dearest, then everyone is satisfied.

Just like the old days in the South Stand, where if memory serves me right, I actually sat on the fencing at the front of the stand, putting my legs through the gap between the fence and the adult leaning rail that was about 6 inches above the fence. No health & safety in them days!

[quote user="mighty yellow"]For anyone that hasn''t watched the video:

The club don''t care if people stand, although they obviously have to make the right noises re: health and safety.

At least one person has complained about restricted view in Barclay A. There have been no complaints from any other part of the stadium.

As a result, children will be moved from Barclay A to protect our capacity/ticket selling ability.

If you''re going to use this as a rod to beat the club with, you really are desperate. Plenty of things to moan about at the moment, this isn''t one of them.[/quote]

Unless of course, your one of the people being moved.

Surely we have to move the complainant in this situation, in the nicest possible way of course. Use a bit of common sense! Give him one of those big comfy seats at the top of the Jerrold and a parachute in case he falls down the steps.

Rod to beat the club with?......Plenty of things to moan about?.....

We''re not allowed to moan, criticise or give an abject or alternative opinion on this forum.......The Pink ''Un Sentinels stalking and strutting up and down this forum''s furrows are straight in to suppress, ridicule, belittle and derail or have the posts that don''t appease them or criticise the club in any way removed (or sections of it, if it puts them in a bad light) it''s their personal agenda......If I want to wave my rod about....I will!......I just won''t stand up whilst I''m doing it.....