Sign in to follow this  
MadDan

Tears before bedtime

Blimey, there''s a few tantrums being thrown on here tonight.How odd that none of these headless chickens were here over the weekend. Lose a game away to a team that are on a great run and all of a sudden it''s the end of the world.I blame the parents. Letting them stay up and getting themselves over tired.

its not one loss against a form team tho is it? its 8 games of awful football against average teams, bar the first 45mins against plymouth who are a very poor side anyway...

Cheers Dan, I''ve tried posting positives, but you get drowned out.You''re right about the parents too - I know I''m responsible for my kid''s tantrums (well, if they will support their mother!)

People are allowed to voice there opinon without being put down i thought that is the whole point of this board!!!!!!!!,or should we just say how great things are when we are on paper one of the three worst teams in this league get used tp that because it won''t change until that idot in charge goes.

[quote]Blimey, there''s a few tantrums being thrown on here tonight.How odd that none of these headless chickens were here over the weekend. Lose a game away to a team that are on a great run and all of a sud...[/quote]

Look at the names of the posters - no new ones there.

What will it take for some fans to takle their head out of the sand & see what is happening here?  Poor team selection, an inability to rectify basic problem  and reliance on poor quality players who can run aroudn a lot is not the way to get promoted.   The signs of all this were there on Sat yet I was derided for posting so, in a balanced way at the importance of those three points. 

The club is in freefall.  We have a squad that should be performing well and in the top half iof the table.  Yet we are performing with energy but no intelligence or ability and like a team about to face a second relegation battle.  Worthington has to stopbeing lazy and relying on the big hoof to the striker or the quick throw to hux and get the side playing as a team, passing the ball through players who canplay football rather than just run.   

Yet all you can do is have a pop at the posters rather than suggest that there is a problem but one that may not be best served by sacking the manager but by using the resources he has to his benefit?

OTBC

The point was Tom that all the bleating stopped because we won one game. Lose another and then like some infant with a soiled nappy it starts all over again.

There are some very good points made on here, others who construct valid arguments against Worthington staying and his tactics or management abilities.We are all the better for them.

Unfortunately there is the other group that seem to offer nothing more than the response you might get from a gaggle of geese.

My contempt for them is the same for those who constantly gripe that they cannot get a ticket to home games yet seemed to be missing by the thousand last saturday.

For some of us we have been here before and we''ll be here again after this.

So stop panicking, stop behaving like petulant children and start getting used to what it is to support a club like ours.

Stuffing our third world neighbours on sunday for one.

[quote]Blimey, there''s a few tantrums being thrown on here tonight.How odd that none of these headless chickens were here over the weekend. Lose a game away to a team that are on a great run and all of a sud...[/quote]

Yes Mad Dan, people are throwing tantrums because we lost to Watford!!!  It has absolutely nothing to do that we have now lost half of our games so far and only won 1 game.

Zipper''s right, MadDan with his lone thread appearing everywhere based on the same, pathetic ,"calm down children" theme which surely only he can be amused by. Sort of a Yankee Canary without the intellect.

We are in freefall, we haven''t replaced the people who left adequately, we are really missing Francis and there''s no Sven to bring on,  there is no confidence and no plan, no youngster gets a chance, poor Henderson on the right for 15 minutes again, he persists with bloody Fleming who was completely at fault for the first goal, even Adams said so and he''s sacred to criticise anybody at the moment.

I believe when Worthington leaves that we will hear that he had lost the senior players, apart from Fleming, and that with limited tweaks, but with fresh eyes, this team could be as unbeatable as 2 seasons ago.

We are not children, we just are frustrated at standing by and helplessly watching a good team fall apart.    

Yes mad dan, in my case there were tears before bedtime (1.45 am), and not for the first time, sorry to have to enlighten you but i am 46, so not planning to go to school tomorrow!  Tears of frustration because for all the words Worthy spouts, he still hasn''t addressed the problems which keep occuing on the pitch, and last night just examplifed them all.  No communication between the defence, half the team not sure of what they are doing, and sadly, but not unexpectedly now, no one really seems to want the ball. On the bright side, Davenport did look good.

We have lost it big time, as has been said by numerous people, yes I went to the game last night and sang my heart out for the team, as did quite a few others.  For 20+ minutes at the start of the second half we chanted delia''s barmy army and I am convinced this led to our goal, but the damage was done and our defence just stood and watched the first goal go in and then collapsed.

Yes, we beat Plymouth, who bless them are in a similar position to us, no confidence, no leadership - and even then we weren''t convincing. I am not calling for Worthy''s head, although I have never been his biggest fan - but something has to be done and done quickly or we will not have a sniff of a chance of promotion.

You might like to know that the crowd, or at least some of them last night were booing and shouting what a load of rubbish as the teams walked off at the end of the first half - shocking - and i think that did spur the rest of us on to supporting the team so vocally during the second half.  Watford''s ground was very empty, shame really as they are playing very well, but I guess they didn''t have to reach top gear against us.

Seems odd, but not that unexpected, that someone claims the right to an opinion as yet complains that someone else expresses there''s. It''s a forum. You put your ideas up as do other folk. It''s in the nature of the beast that we will differ.

The original post was addressed at the hysterical and childish responses posted after last night''s defeat. Also being in a majority on here is no more a measure of the validity of your argument than it would be if you were sat round a table with the flat earth society claiming that the world isn''t round.

You weren''t here on sat/sun when we beat Plymouth. I didn''t hear any of your supposed majority on Saturday. Nor did I see any of this majority demonstrating their views either. The club is not in freefall. The team is clearly not playing to it''s potential. For that the manager is ultimately responsible.

But is this the same manager who has been routinely attacked on here for his lack of ability in the transfer market that would leave us with a team " with limited tweaks, but with fresh eyes, this team could be as unbeatable as 2 seasons ago." ?

Post your views by all means but have a bit of perspective. The club is in the healthiest position it has been in for somewhile. The squad is one of the strongest in this division. Shame the same couldn''t be said for some of the fans.

Mad Dan

I am trying very hard to see our current position in perspective.  All i can see is a talented team on the pitch not being able to achieve all we know they can because of a less talented team off it

Yes, coaching again,  sorry!

We are in a healthy position as to having a big fan base and seem (so far to me anyway) the only club who sells out the ground and has a waiting list for s tickets, maybe I am wrong and there are others, certainly not at Watford, where they were proudly boasting of having tickets available last night for sat''s clash with Sheff U

But on the pitch we are in freefall, sorry only my opinion and some others too i guess, but come on, what is going on, we haven''t exactly set the division on fire have we?  We have some of the best players in this division and we are near the bottom of the table.  We have won just one game against a team who are also struggling.

What do you want from fans?  We are only human and last night at Watford showed both sides of that.  For a midweek away fixture we took a few, not sure how many, half their end anyway 1500?   We were okay in the first half vocally, but due to two cheap goals being given away some of the crowd were chanting what a load of rubbish and the team were booed off - something I have never done, and i have seen far, far worse than last night - the same fans (i guess they joined in) and the rest of us then sang Delia''s barmy army for 20 mins or more and you could see the players visibly wake up and respond.  Sadly they couldn''t get a second goal and things petered out near the end.  I am a proud City supporter but i am not blind.  We are not playing to our true potential and I have to say what i see and think, as you do too.  I respect your obvious love of the club and criticising the team, management and all is a sad thing to do, but it is how i see it, and without going into all of it again

All i want for Christmas is a first class football coach!  And not one with wheels.  Thank you.

Thanks Gazza, I''m, tragically, 46 too and I still find Norwich doing consistently badly leaves a dark shadow on my daily life, regardless of what else goes on.

The team are in trouble, the Huckerby and Shackell fall outs with Worthy, Jarrett already being told to work harder all look like disrupting the team. Now WLYP is dropped after a good 70 mins on Saturday, Shackell taken off while Fleming continues to dismay, ranting rather than captaining.

MadDan, it''s a message board where discussion, debate and disagreement feeds the system, if no one ever replied there would be something of a void.  

It might help if some of you actually read what I posted rather than using my posts as a convenient peg your hang your arguments upon. I was having a light hearted pop at those who were making all manner of ridiculoius claims on here, during and immediatedly, after last nights game. How that can be attributed to those who were at the game I don''t know.

The presumption is if you don''t shriek and stamp your foot you''ve no awareness of the faults, no knowledge of the league table and possess a blinding faith in Nigel Worthington as a manager.

Well, let me tell you I do have a blinding faith in my club. Unfortunately we don''t all have, 2,000 empty seats on saturday told us that.

If anyone was daft enough to believe that we were certain to be promoted straight back simply because of our having come down then they are fools. Most clubs take a season or two to get it right. Look how long it took us after Worthington arrived.

If anyone is deluding themselves it is those who think there is some magical quick fix, some sacking or removal of one player that is going to solve things. That one extra shreek or one extra boo is going to tip the balance, maybe even the deep thought out advice offered to the board some while back. " Sort it out"

I''ll wait and still support the club. Through gritted teeth certainly but not a weepin'' and a wailin'' as if the bleat-o-meter could trigger a wonderous cure when it hits a certain point.There''s far call we can do about it at the moment so I suggest you learn to live with it.