Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Player revolt?

Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

Ah. Player power. That is probably part of the reason it will take two or three transfer windows to get the right kind of players in.  So the regime requires hard work above and beyond what some of them will be used to.  Bless. If any of them are complaining because of the extra fitness required, get rid.  

Lots of niggly injuries this year (not inc. Pritchard), and the random nature of this, suggests it could be credible

Although revolt is a bit excessive, I could see players being unhappy

I wonder which players aren''t happy, if true. Nelson and Murphy perpetually seem to have a mood on.

I think it was Bethnal who was posting on here earlier in the season that his double sessions may have a role in the injury issues we were suffering.

Terrible isn''t it? The average yearly salary (excluding bonuses) in our squad is probably upwards of £500,000 and the management expect them to work hard?! I think they need to down tools and refuse to play for the club over the Christmas period until people start listening to the players concerns and they are treated with fairness.I wonder if we would suddenly see "injured" players niggles miraculously healed if they had their pay suspended and only got £89.35 per week in stauatory sick pay?

Sounds as though this has been well and truly dismissed by Farke in today''s presser (which it would be, of course). It does raise the question of how and why the article surfaced, however.Like I said in my OP, I have no issue with our players being super fit and working hard. Just have to be careful with those who are carrying niggles. Farke says, "What shall we do then? Have Christmas drinks and then just meet up for the game?!"Got to love him [:D]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Terrible isn''t it? The average yearly salary (excluding bonuses) in our squad is probably upwards of £500,000 and the management expect them to work hard?! I think they need to down tools and refuse to play for the club over the Christmas period until people start listening to the players concerns and they are treated with fairness.I wonder if we would suddenly see "injured" players niggles miraculously healed if they had their pay suspended and only got £89.35 per week in stauatory sick pay?

[/quote]oh deara top heart surgeon is on a huge salaryperhaps we should make him work double shifts because of the level of pay

In Italy we always trained twice a day.

Provided there are good nutrition, Biomechanics, recovery, physio and medical teams, there is no reason for this to cause additional injuries.

As with all things the net position is what is more relevant. Training once a day also leads to a great deal of free, unsupervised time for rich young men. The benefits of structuring sonething akin to a full working day also brings structural, psychological and team-building benefits.

The military makes quite a point of keeping its fit ‘players’ almost permanently occupied for similar reasons.

Parma

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Terrible isn''t it? The average yearly salary (excluding bonuses) in our squad is probably upwards of £500,000 and the management expect them to work hard?! I think they need to down tools and refuse to play for the club over the Christmas period until people start listening to the players concerns and they are treated with fairness.I wonder if we would suddenly see "injured" players niggles miraculously healed if they had their pay suspended and only got £89.35 per week in stauatory sick pay?

[/quote]oh deara top heart surgeon is on a huge salaryperhaps we should make him work double shifts because of the level of pay[/quote]Related image

I think you missed the point of my post. Footballers aren''t saving lives you muppet.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]In Italy we always trained twice a day.

Provided there are good nutrition, Biomechanics, recovery, physio and medical teams, there is no reason for this to cause additional injuries.

As with all things the net position is what is more relevant. Training once a day also leads to a great deal of free, unsupervised time for rich young men. The benefits of structuring sonething akin to a full working day also brings structural, psychological and team-building benefits.

The military makes quite a point of keeping its fit ‘players’ almost permanently occupied for similar reasons.

Parma[/quote][Y]

Have seen some stuff online saying there are times in training where the session is stopped for a detailed explanation of what was expected (taking a fair amount of time), then the session begins again with no warm up - which I guess could account for a number of niggling injuries.

Not sure I believe any of that...

For what it is worth, I read this recently;

For the first time in 2017, FC Barcelona enter a week without a midweek fixture, though the only match is a demanding one.

Luis Enrique''s men will prepare for the tricky visit to the Vicente Calderón to face Atlético Madrid on the weekend, after a week of training.

The team will travel to the Spanish capital on Saturday after their final training session of the week before Sunday''s big game.

Here is the full breakdown of the FC Barcelona first team''s schedule for the next week (all times CET):

Monday 20

11.00am: Training at Ciutat Esportiva

Tuesday 21

Rest day

Wednesday 22

Rest day

Thursday 23

Friday 24

Saturday 25

4.30pm: Training at Ciutat Esportiva

6.15pm: Trip to Madrid.

Sunday 26

4.15pm: La Liga Week 24: Atletico Madrid v FC Barcelona (Vicente Calderón).

"Mark Critchley is The Independent''s northern football correspondent."He should stick to his brief and leave us alone.

Is it just me or the interpretation the media boys put on it, but the discussion of sicknote Naismith''s current and future progress did go into quite a lot of detail even discussing his leadership qualities. Given his recurrent injuries and a definite lack of promise of game time with Norwich you do wonder that despite DF''s protestations about the Indy article, here was a bit of boundary setting?

[quote user="BobLoz3"]Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.

I don''t think this, if true, is players complaining about hard work.

To be a professional footballer you have to be in peak physical condition. If over training is causing injuries or leading to fatigued players struggle to play a full 90 at the required tempo then the training needs to be better tailored to fit.

Also, might just be me, but I''m not sure we look much fitter than the other teams we''ve faced this season.

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="BobLoz3"]Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.[/quote]Cheers, Barbie. I can always rely on you!

If perchance we were 8 points clear at the top of the Championship and on course for promotion......Those poor ickle darlin''s would still be prepared to hobble ''n drag themselves onto the field of play for the cause - even if they were all sufferin'' from severe ''twisted sock'' syndrome......

I just hope all the frail an'' sickly squad''s expensive top ''o the range motors are all automatic......Y''know what kinda damage clutch in an clutch outin'' can do......OOH pain wiv the strain!

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="BobLoz3"]Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.[/quote]
Great stuff Barbie. While you''re around could you approve CSF Emma''s log in so that she can make the selections on Rays Funds.

It''s the kind of thing that comes from a player not getting a look in.

I think it was in part down to how the fixtures fell and some bad luck with injuries but I do think that our recent bad run and some of the injuries we''ve had recently could perhaps have been down to a bit of fatigue and that some of our key players could have had their workload managed a little better.

Hopefully Farke is learning about the workload in the championship. I know they generally train more in Germany but I''m not sure they have so many truly competitive fixtures in such an intense period as happens with the champ in the first half of the season, particularly when combined with the league cup run.

I felt that around the time our form nosedived and particularly immediately after the Arsenal game, several of our players looked below par physically and certainly at the end of the Ipswich and Arsenal games several of them (e.g. trybull) looked out on their feet.

[quote user="paul moy"]I really do feel for the ''snowflake'' generation having to suffer ''hard'' work.[/quote]

I am assuming from all this that Ron Saunders would be banned from today''s professional game???

Pritchard says its not true and that''s good enough for me, just another stupid rumour which some will use as a stick to beat the club with

AP: ''U have to bE fit to play football. I don''t no where that story comes from but its untrue.''

AP on comparison with training at : ''any 1 who thinks it is hard here, its 2 or 3 x as harder under Pochettino.''

No smoke without fire... I''m sure there isn''t a whole "Player Revolt" but I do feel we have some players with the wrong attitude that don''t have the desire to run through brick walls for us.

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.[/quote]

So there is an edit button!!!!!