Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What would be your Jan plan?

I''m surprised that nobody has mentioned that they''re doing Dry January. Maybe you can''t give up alcohol if you''re a Norwich fan 😄😄😄

What would be your Jan plan?......Ok.....

We must raise the price of 2018/19 season tickets by at least 15% and then it''ll be "Onwards and Upwards!"........True supporters, dig deep and support your club.....

Any takers.....or Givers?....

1. Loan out or even sell Josh Murphy... Play more of Wildshudt.

2. Sell Naysmith, Martin and Franke and bring in 5m

3. Sign a top-class holding midfielder like Muhamed Bešić from Everton or Surman from Bournemouth... Probably sell Tettey to recoup funds.

4. Make a 5m bid for Chris Martin to secure him as derby have 5 strikers. Sell Jerome for 3m

5. Try to sign a wildcard striker with direct pace for 3m possibly from league 1 or the MLS.

6. Make a loan bid for Mamadou Sakho and Benik Afobe with loan fee of 1.5m and full wages paid for 6 months to see if we can bag someone of top top class striker... Bring back Carlton Morris if we dont.

I was going to ask about Afobe. Has spent all this season, and most of last warming the bench at AFC.

Expect he''d be well out of our price range though. Is he the sort of striker Farke wants though?

I''m not sure how you would achieve point 2 Canarymoon- sell Naismith, Martin and Franke, AND bring in £5 million? Who else would we sell to make that up to £5 million?

bit of both i have heard two big clubs are circling he has been watched many times this season by both and one sends a scout to ever game

even by the manager of one of them so i predict he will be sold and loaned back

This season is already shot with survival being the prime objective now, so...

- Klose can go if there''s a taker, and with Franke already departing on loan too I''d suggest Raggett could be recalled from Lincoln.

- If we can get rid of Naismith it''s nothing short of a very welcome miracle, although by all accounts after stealing a living here for 2 years he is looking at moving on to get game time - we can only hope!

- No club are daft enough to consider looking at perennial sick note Matt Jarvis, so get him fit, wrap him up in cotton wool and try hard to shift him in the summer, reminding anyone who will listen that he has an England cap and clubs once paid £10m+ for him.

This sounds good...

Only we''re trying to consider what we might do in real life and not on your latest career save on ''Football Manager''...

[quote user="Canarymoon"]1. Loan out or even sell Josh Murphy... Play more of Wildshudt.

2. Sell Naysmith, Martin and Franke and bring in 5m

3. Sign a top-class holding midfielder like Muhamed Bešić from Everton or Surman from Bournemouth... Probably sell Tettey to recoup funds.

4. Make a 5m bid for Chris Martin to secure him as derby have 5 strikers. Sell Jerome for 3m

5. Try to sign a wildcard striker with direct pace for 3m possibly from league 1 or the MLS.

6. Make a loan bid for Mamadou Sakho and Benik Afobe with loan fee of 1.5m and full wages paid for 6 months to see if we can bag someone of top top class striker... Bring back Carlton Morris if we dont.[/quote]

We need a central midfielder with some presence in the opposing penalty box.

Perhaps Lewis will come in at left back and we''ll go for three centre backs. We would probably only need one defensive midfielder in a 5-1-3-1 with wing backs.

The striker is in dire need of some support.

My January plan this year and in preceding years would be to not be relying on a January plan.

This time we need a striker. Last time we needed a defender.

Catastrophically, it has usually been a case of paying well over the odds with no gain, just expensive players who appear to lose motivation once the promise of a good end of season outcome vaporises.

One of the things I loved most about the Lambert era was how early business was done in the summer. If you don''t have your squad balanced and in place before the summer window ends you are invariably in trouble whoever you are.

We should buy no-one in January, we should use the resources we have. This might mean changing the style or playing the youth but the only resolution Norwich City should make in January is to get next season''s business done in the summer and the planning for that should already be underway.

I hope and pray Naismith leaves and anyone else who we are forced to sell is because the offer is simply irresistible.

@stone

As a fan of football manager, I feel I need to defend it. This plan would be impossible in that unless you whacked on the cheat codes.

Non of the options are good. The players that may go are our better ones there will be plenty of takers both in the bottom half of the pl and top half of the championship. We are stuck with Naismith and Jarvis noone wants them and who can blame them. I short term loan may be the best option. Scrap the acadamy it is a wast of money and concentrate scouting in lower league and non league. As for season tickets I think the club will get a nasty shock even if prices are frozen a significant increase in prices will be counter productive

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]My January plan this year and in preceding years would be to not be relying on a January plan.

This time we need a striker. Last time we needed a defender.

Catastrophically, it has usually been a case of paying well over the odds with no gain, just expensive players who appear to lose motivation once the promise of a good end of season outcome vaporises.

One of the things I loved most about the Lambert era was how early business was done in the summer. If you don''t have your squad balanced and in place before the summer window ends you are invariably in trouble whoever you are.

We should buy no-one in January, we should use the resources we have. This might mean changing the style or playing the youth but the only resolution Norwich City should make in January is to get next season''s business done in the summer and the planning for that should already be underway.

I hope and pray Naismith leaves and anyone else who we are forced to sell is because the offer is simply irresistible.[/quote]Most of the players for this season were signed in the summer, with the exception of Hanley.Remember, Lambert was incredibly influenced by the way they do things in Germany too.

We can''t hold on to our young talent so I expect Madders to leave at a decent profit for us. Hopefully we will buy some players who can actually cut it in this league. Oh, and we need to change the way we play so we would have to ditch Farke but that won''t happen.

Expect Naismith will depart for a nominal fee.

It''s so grim.