Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What would be your Jan plan?

Whilst I''m always a "you should keep your best players" with inflated Jan prices, if we have to sell to generate funds, who would you sell, and positions to buy?

With Raggett coming into the fore, I fell Klose may well be a sensible player to move on, even Franke depending on whether he is part of Farke''s plans. Defense has the numbers, but the quality is still in question. Especially LB, but Lewis maybe the answer. With Husband looking a poor buy, we may still need cover.

We need a goalscorer, period. Whatever your views on Jerome/Olive, neither are on form this season, and that''s costing us. Who''s affordable at home or abroad?

Naimsith and Jarvis are obvious contenders to the debate about what they have to offer and freeing up wages

Striker,striker,striker. None of our forwards fill me with confidence so we will have to look here. Catch 22 is that we can''t afford a top, proven Champs goalscorer without flogging one of our better midfielders, or look at the lower/foreign leagues for a more affordable players, with the added risks of settling in, out of their depth etc.

If it were me then I would be looking to offload one of Murphy or Wildschut, plus Klose to free up funds for a striker. That''s not saying I don''t like any of those players but we are where we are and our options are limited.A lot of criticism has been aimed at Farke over the past few weeks, and rightly so. Transfer windows are ''Webber time''. Let''s see what he has to offer.

sell Nelson / Jerome buy younger strikers with pace

sack webber / Farke and get the lincoln city manager in danny cowley in

Give him time to buy and find players in the lower leagues and gel a team

Webber and farke can say this will take time etc but no progress so far so time to go

[quote user="norfolkngood"]sell Nelson / Jerome buy younger strikers with pace

sack webber / Farke and get the lincoln city manager in danny cowley in

Give him time to buy and find players in the lower leagues and gel a team

Webber and farke can say this will take time etc but no progress so far so time to go[/quote]How much time would you give the new guys? More than the 6 months the current ones have had?I''m sorry, but your post makes no logical sense.

So you want to get Cowley in and give him time, how much time? 6 months? Because that’s how long you’ve given Webber and Farke for a complete club overhaul.

Herman i agree they have been here a short time but what progress have you seen ?

the next 6 months could be wasted if they continue

sometimes you give people time but you have to see something in their plan

sometimes admitting a mistake is better than letting it continue

We have to unload about 150-200k a week off the overall wage budget before the start of next season, all of our players are for sale until this is achieved so I''d expect us to try and move on Naismith, Klose, McGovern, Jerome, and Jarvis with Tettey, Russ Martin, Wes ect out of contract at end of season

If the price is right then Pritchard, madders and the rest will be fair game also if we can''t move the above so in the next 12 months expect the same sort of turnover of players we saw this summer

What would be your Jan plan?.......

We must raise the price of 2018/19 season tickets by at least 12% and then it''ll be "Onwards and Upwards!"........True supporters, dig deep and support your club.....

I think we need to trim £200k a week of the wage bill (c£10m a year) and shift out a player to close the gap on the parachute payments.

I assume it''s unlikely that we will renew Wes and Tettey unless they take a considerable pay cut and I assume they are at the top end of our wages scale given they played for us in the prem. After that we should be looking to move on players who are c30 with a decreasing sale value I.e Jerome, Klose, Martin, Naismith, Jarvis and McGovern.

In an ideal world if you could sell/move on the above players then it would probably be £250-300k a week plus maybe Jerome, klose and Naismith may bring in £5-7m. Then we can reinvest most of this in a striker alongside Olivera and hope Godfrey, target and Matthews step up to fulfill their potential.

The reality however is likely to be a Pritchard, Maddison or Oliveria put to balance the books

If we sell Pritchard or Maddison it may balance the books but our season will be over apart from the fight with relegation that will follow. Oliviera going would have been unthinkable a couple of months ago but I''m starting to have serious doubts about his attitude and it seems to be massive a massive detrimental impact on his finishing. 

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Herman i agree they have been here a short time but what progress have you seen ?

sometimes admitting a mistake is better than letting it continue[/quote]well saidwhere are the youngsters coming throughwhere are there any players bought at a lower price that we are developingwhere are there players who have come in at far lower cost and have already stepped up ?it is not as if we are facing £31m less next summer is it and so having to adjust  ?look at clubs like Sunderland, Middlesboro and Hull all with parachute payments are any of them out of the top six ?how many recent PL clubs are struggling, Fulham, Reading, QPR, Bolton, Blackburn.... none that is how manywe had a guaranteed place in the PL and we have given it away thanks to the Stowmarket Maoist sect..................... and you can shut up about how we got to the PL in the first place - that was luck, that''s all it was, luck

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Remove the overdraft by the disposal of Maddison and Klose.[/quote]what overdraft ?

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="norfolkngood"]Herman i agree they have been here a short time but what progress have you seen ?

sometimes admitting a mistake is better than letting it continue[/quote]well saidwhere are the youngsters coming throughwhere are there any players bought at a lower price that we are developingwhere are there players who have come in at far lower cost and have already stepped up ?it is not as if we are facing £31m less next summer is it and so having to adjust  ?look at clubs like Sunderland, Middlesboro and Hull all with parachute payments are any of them out of the top six ?how many recent PL clubs are struggling, Fulham, Reading, QPR, Bolton, Blackburn.... none that is how manywe had a guaranteed place in the PL and we have given it away thanks to the Stowmarket Maoist sect..................... and you can shut up about how we got to the PL in the first place - that was luck, that''s all it was, luck[/quote]

We don''t have £31m less next year. I think the drop is a measly £24m as we get £7m champ TV cash. In simple terms it''s c£500k a week wage bill drop without additional investment or player sales to be sustainable.

Given we are unlikely to get much investment, it means buy cheap, develop and sell whilst trying to build a successful team. A real tough job for whoever in charge.

Personally I think it''s far too early to dispose of Farke, I would like him to play a slightly higher tempo attacking game but he does look like a clever man who learns and as for Webber... I''m not fussed on the individual but the concept of getting a football man to map out transfer strategy than the current board.

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Remove the overdraft by the disposal of Maddison and Klose.[/quote]what overdraft ?[/quote]
The £7million one outlined in the AGM by the Finance Director, which you are continuing to willfully ignore.

Any decent offers come in for Oliveira, Klose or Naismith or any of the high earners, sell them.

Keep hold of Pritchard, Maddison and the young guns.

Bring Godfrey back and grow him into becoming Tetteys replacement.

Bring Morris back and use him as the alternative to Jerome and buy a striker from the lower leagues/ abroad as an option

Get Raggett back and integrate him next to Hanley/Zimmermann.

We need to plan for a long stay at this level and need to slash the wage bill. If we can plan around Pritchard and Maddison and put 9 average players around them then perhaps in the long run we can do something and get back to the big time.

Time to use the youth academy properly and actually take a punt on some of our own. Get Lewis, Morris, Godfrey and co involved.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Remove the overdraft by the disposal of Maddison and Klose.[/quote]what overdraft ?[/quote]
The £7million one outlined in the AGM by the Finance Director, which you are continuing to willfully ignore.
[/quote]I wasn''t at the AGM. Do we have an overdraft of £7m now or is it that we have the facility to have an overdraft that big if we need to?

Sell Murphy and Klose. Naismith will be difficult to offload due to salary so we must hope he can come good once he recovers. We need a wide player who can provide a bunch of assists and a striker to give us real competition to Oliveira.

We must keep Pritchard and Maddison. Once these two get used to playing together and assuming Vrancic comes good we’ll have enough magic in midfield to trouble most teams. Godfrey in for Tetty. We’ll have a couple of costly players off the roster at the end of the season anyway. A back up defensive mid would be useful. I’d keep Farke we need a coach not just a manager.

Simple. Get rid of Farke & Webber and ditch the "experiment" before it causes long term damage and we become a permanent Champioship club or worse.Our players are not preforming to their full potential and they are much better than 16th in the Championship with almost half the season gone.Get a new man in who (1) understands this league, (2) will make his own choices who stays and who comes in and (3) gives us the best chance of getting promotion.Use the remaining games this season to evaluate, consolidate and plan for promotion next season..It is the only option.You know it makes sense

[quote user="Making Plans"]Simple. Get rid of Farke & Webber and ditch the "experiment" before it causes long term damage and we become a permanent Champioship club or worse.Our players are not preforming to their full potential and they are much better than 16th in the Championship with almost half the season gone.Get a new man in who (1) understands this league, (2) will make his own choices who stays and who comes in and (3) gives us the best chance of getting promotion.Use the remaining games this season to evaluate, consolidate and plan for promotion next season..It is the only option.You know it makes sense [/quote]

We can dream.

My plan is to keep going to every home game. Cheer on the team and see what happens.

There will probably be some departures hopefully not Pritchard or Maddison.

We definitely need another striker.

Oh and also look forward to the FA cup game. I know we shouldn''t play our best 11 but I love the FA Cup so feck the league and go for it.

But then wouldn''t we have to sell someone else to find a load more departures? How much would that be over the last 10 months? We''ll soon need a bigger budget for pay offs than we do for players...

[quote user="Making Plans"]Simple. Get rid of Farke & Webber and ditch the "experiment" before it causes long term damage and we become a permanent Champioship club or worse.Our players are not preforming to their full potential and they are much better than 16th in the Championship with almost half the season gone.Get a new man in who (1) understands this league, (2) will make his own choices who stays and who comes in and (3) gives us the best chance of getting promotion.Use the remaining games this season to evaluate, consolidate and plan for promotion next season..It is the only option.You know it makes sense [/quote]

Who fits the bill of 1,2,3?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Remove the overdraft by the disposal of Maddison and Klose.[/quote]what overdraft ?[/quote]
[/quote]I wasn''t at the AGM. Do we have an overdraft of £7m now or is it that we have the facility to have an overdraft that big if we need to?[/quote]Found this from ricardo''s report of the AGM:"They [the board] are expecting to need a £7 million overdraft in the summer."So we don''t yet have a £7m overdraft for posters to be wilfully ignoring. We may have one such in the summer, or we may not.

The budgeted 7m overdraft at the balance sheet date assumes no player trading in January according to the MD. I suspect we shall see a net cash inflow in January in excess of this figure but we’ll know soon.

Is it worth considering bringing in a wise old head at management level to do a bit of mentoring ( for want of a better word ) with Farke. The type of structure we have now would make this a bit easier to do.