Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

How much longer before a change is made

What the fuck is pointless Tom going to do to change it!? Put his weekly allowance into the kitty! The whole lot of them need to go and new investment/ideas bought in. People worry that foreign investment may have us end up like Portsmouth but open your eyes, this lot are more than capable of taking us there

Last year she took back the last 1.5million owed to her by the club, I bet she doesn''t even pay for her season ticket, so this season every single person in the stadium has put more money into the club than her, sooner we go into administration the better because that''s the only way she''s gonna take her claws out of her little toy

You have to be realistic JF, the old duffers are not going to give it all up so at least having Nepotism in charge gives him the chance to make a humungeous Horlicks of it so that we can have fans rioting along Carrow Road and I can make a good profit from my effigy business. I might introduce a model guillotine range for the French loving Remoaners.

I am thinking of reviving the CarryOn film franchise with Carry On Clapping.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Lol. Fair enough. Hopefully some sustained pressure on them will change their tune

It is interesting JF that you mention Portsmouth. For years quoted in fear of getting the wrong ownership, they now represent a very different example.

They rose from the financial ashes under the stewardship of the Pompey Supporters Trust. Now the merits of having caring owners are often quoted on here. But what more caring owners can you have than the supporters themself. But what did they do when they achieved promotion. Point to their track record and pat themselves on the back. No they sold realising they had taken the club as far as they could and needed a financial injection to progress.

The problem with all these sack the board calls is that it asks the wrong question. It becomes emotive because actually Delia and Michael are likeable, and it invites analysis of their track record which although patchy is fairly reasonable.

But the question that should be being asked is what financial resources do we need to be a sustainable championship club, let’s not get above ourselves, and to build a platform from which we might have hopes of a promotion push. And then can our current ownership model provide those resources. That appears to be what Portsmouth have done and concluded that the right way forward for the club was to sell - despite being caring owners of the highest order.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]..... In the boardroom. The owners should consider retiring from the board and give Nepotism Tom a free run at it.[/quote]Whilst I am not a great fan of the owners they were in charge under the Lambert regime - the best three years I can remember in over 60 years of supporting.  I therefore feel that with the right manager we could move forward again but we need a manager that knows The Championship and how to get the best out of players. Tonight, again, we saw the opposition get from one end to the other with three passes whilst we can''t get out of our half with six passes even at two nil down we were passing backwards and sideways rather than going forward.At present Webber signs the players and Farke has to work with them, other managers have said that as they have to work with the players on a daily basis they want the last say as to who is signed and that makes sense. 

NO. The best three years coincided with Bowkett being on the board. The years before Bowkett gave us the Doomcaster era and the years after have given us Ed Balls and now this dross.

Bottom line is that we nosedived the minute Bowkett walked- having fallen out with the stuffy old guard who cling onto power despite having taken us quickly back to where it started.

For me we''re that bad that I dont think concentrating on the board should happen until we are safe at least. I mean im not going to protest against the board regardless but for others i think there are more pressing issues anyway

We are in big big trouble both on and off the pitch and at this rate relegation and administration may not be many seasons away. So sad so avoidable. If this football club had been a dog the RSPCA would have taken it off the owners years ago

Not being picky but how can anyone say that the Lambert years were better than Walkers??

Relegation - administration - relegation - but much clapping in the stands as to the board’s strategic direction. I’m sure the council will lend us a pitch at Mousehold to play. What a fiasco.

[quote user="hogesar"]For me we''re that bad that I dont think concentrating on the board should happen until we are safe at least. I mean im not going to protest against the board regardless but for others i think there are more pressing issues anyway[/quote]

And that’s correct.

We need a strategy in place for change. But firstly the board must oversee the sacking of Webber and Farke and subsequent replacement. A Warnock style manager until the end of the season is the only immediate remedy.

If they cared for the club then they should actively start sounding out potential investors. People in the game must know who these groups are. Take Red Bull as an example, it’s been long rumoured that they want a team in England. Talk to them and see firstly if they would be interested but then what there ideas would be. They don’t have to sell to the first offer but at least it would be a start. If they hand it down to Tom then I’d fully expect to see a return to the chase out days

Why do you think we need to get rid of Webber?

I''ll admit as much as I like the guy, we do need Farke to drive both an improvement in results and importantly style of play asap but I struggle with the Webber criticism.

The guy has had to try and work the miracle of keeping the squad competitive whilst fundamentally changing the mindset of our approach to youth and prepare for a massive drop in income. In terms of player dealings, not many on here disagreed with the players let go at the end of last year, Murphy we got good money for and howson, dorrans don''t want to be here. Recruitment is always a challenge when operating on a shoe string and you tend to get what you pay for. Personally I think Vrancic at £650k is decent business, husband was showing potential, gunn is excellent business, Hanley I think has been decent, Zimmerman was free and done ok, trybull looks a player too. The obvious disappointments are Franke and probably Stipermann. I don''t think that is too bad given limited funds.

Yes he chose the manager, but this structure is all about not being reliant on one manager and more about the club developing a philosophy that new managers/coaches operate within. This Is my main areas of criticism in that the style of play is dull and uninspired - hopefully this is transitional but we have to have some red lines around time taken to implement and improvement required. I think you can only really judge Webber after about 3/4 windows when the anchors (Martin, Naismith, Jarvis etc) are off the wage bill and the squad has been restructured.

[quote user="Big O"]Why do you think we need to get rid of Webber?

I''ll admit as much as I like the guy, we do need Farke to drive both an improvement in results and importantly style of play asap but I struggle with the Webber criticism.

The guy has had to try and work the miracle of keeping the squad competitive whilst fundamentally changing the mindset of our approach to youth and prepare for a massive drop in income. In terms of player dealings, not many on here disagreed with the players let go at the end of last year, Murphy we got good money for and howson, dorrans don''t want to be here. Recruitment is always a challenge when operating on a shoe string and you tend to get what you pay for. Personally I think Vrancic at £650k is decent business, husband was showing potential, gunn is excellent business, Hanley I think has been decent, Zimmerman was free and done ok, trybull looks a player too. The obvious disappointments are Franke and probably Stipermann. I don''t think that is too bad given limited funds.

Yes he chose the manager, but this structure is all about not being reliant on one manager and more about the club developing a philosophy that new managers/coaches operate within. This Is my main areas of criticism in that the style of play is dull and uninspired - hopefully this is transitional but we have to have some red lines around time taken to implement and improvement required. I think you can only really judge Webber after about 3/4 windows when the anchors (Martin, Naismith, Jarvis etc) are off the wage bill and the squad has been restructured.[/quote]

Webber has failed with player recruitment.

Agree with above, we''ll muddle through and wait until we are 4th from bottom in mid-April before we make a change. That''s how we do things isn''t it? Then the club will be surprised and shocked that it didn''t work...

Webber must go this was his and Farke''s new System which is not working

we have the players to perform far better than we are and be higher up the table the tactics the style is all wrong for this league we can all see it so how those two can not is beyond me

he must go as he restricts the Managers that we can recruit to move forward

the right manager could do the job of what these both bring to the table

In what way has he failed with player recruitment?

Franke apart... he''s operated on peanuts

@Norfolkngood

If, as you say, we have the players to perform far better then why does Webber need to go? Surely that means he''s doing his part but Farke isn''t doing his?