Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Playing by numbers

Conceptually, I agree with you LDC. However, a 3 year "project" requires evidence of a plan, based around a credible vision/philosophy.

While that plan may require some downs to off set the general upward trend, they need to be part of the overall plan, whether it be learning from mistakes or trying something new.

In Norwich''s case we are seeing none of these things. It''s very clear that, if Farke does have a vision, it''s not a credible one for this league. We are getting found out far too easily by average sides and don''t seem to have or be able to get the players with the skills required to enact it. This problem is only going to get worse as budgets tighten - where are we going to get skillful ball players on a shoestring budget?

The down trend we are currently experiencing cannot be put down to being lower to learn from mistakes or deliberate experimentation. We are making the same mistakes over and over again, while the manager changes nothing of note from one match to the next (and generally changes nothing during a game either).

Yes, a 3 year project can work but....the leader needs to know where they are going and how to lead everyone to get there.

Football maybe short term, but business is no different. If a project manager looked this far out of their depth at just under 20% of the project length, they would be gone by now.

Farke may be a nice and intelligent bloke but, based on what I have seen this season, I simply see no evidence at all that he has what it takes to turn this around. Loved to be proved wrong though.

Is anyone else in the Premiership or Championship using the same style of play as us? I don''t watch lots of football but I don''t think a slow build up play works in English football. So, quite possibly, Farke''s style of play isn''t the right one for us in which case what is the point in giving him more time? If he didn''t learn anything from the change in tactics at halftime in the Sheff Weds game he probably isn''t the manager we need.