Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

What team changes could be made?

Seeing as Delia, MWJ and board aren''t selling up anytime soon, what changes can be made on the pitch to change our fortunes?

I think Farke should go but can''t see that happening yet either.

Tettey and Trybul now fit, so should be back in the team for solidity.

Josh is top goalscorer, butbeen dropped, should he come back in?

Wildschut (sp) also dropped, many fans calling for him to start.

Naismith fit again, seems to be disolusioned and wants out, fans want him sold. But usually puts a shift in on the pitch and links with Pritchard well, could be worth one last shot?

Defence, not sure what to say here, still a weak point.

Pinto not looking great in the dual role of key defender and captain. Beginning to wonder if we even need Russell Martin back in the side.

I still believe we''ve got the personnel to make a back three and wing backs work. Pinto and Husband or Lewis can play those roles, Trybull and Tettey can provide a solid base and it leaves Maddison and Pritchard free to do what they do best without having to worry about tracking back.

For games we need to attack more you can play Yanic as one of the wingback and put someone like Vrancic in the central midfield.

Poor protection for the back 4 cause the midfield gets outru n!

Midfield to congested!

No width!

Attacks way to slow to build up!

We need to be either 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1.

My team would be -

Back 4.

Wildshut right wing Tetty and Tryball two holding midfielders.

Pritchard left wing.

Either Maddison or Hoolahan in the hole between midfield and attack.

Then a striker up front.

Tettey and Trybull need to come back in, but in all honesty the key issue is the whole side needs to play with more intensity. This side is good enough to be better than what we are seeing, it''s pretty much the same guys who where were thumping teams at home last season.

I think we need Tettey/Trybull back but that would be harsh on Reed who has played well and Vrancic who has improved game after game.

Also think we need to change the style of tippy tappy and go back to the old fashioned 4 4 2 at home with 2 wingers Murphy and Wilschut and Naismith playing off Jerome when hes fit.

That''s my thoughts for what they are worth

The whole philosophy of possession is most important doesn''t appear to be the best way in this division. I think somebody hit the nail on the head when they said we are always behind everyone else.

To me it is now all about pace and power. A bit like our Lambert days.

We have pace in the team out wide but I don''t see much power.

GJL,

We can''t win with 11 players, how the hell are we going to do it with 10, unless you have a cunning plan?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]You spotted my deliberate error!.......tryball alongside tettey[/quote]

Isnt think this suits all interests ,allows us protection in front of a back 3.......allows us to attack down both flanks and keeps Pritchard and maddison in central areas.

Obviously this could expose us in full back areas but I''m hoping our attack will out do theirs....

I don''t think it is necessarily any particular players, though I would like to see Lewis at LB.It is the way we are playing that need''s to change.Sort goal kicks and rolling the ball out from Gunn.Pratting about with silly tippity tap so allowing the opposition to regroup.Failing to mark close and close down Not attacking fast enough to exploit possession, but f@nnying about until the defenders have packed their penalty box.And finally mark tight at corners not defend a piece of ground - pieces of ground do not score(nor do we)

Reed. Madison and Prichard more Twists and Turns and getting nowhere

Those 3 would make Chubby Checker rewrite the song

[quote user="GJP"]Try a team with only one of Maddison/Pritchard in it.[/quote]Hate to say it but that''s probably right. They''re too similar (both were poor last night) and are both guilty of running around in circles rather than moving the ball on. We need one attacking midfielder who can create space and link up with the striker, another who can makes quality forward passes (remember Howson?) and probably 2 DMs. With attacking wingbacks to provide the width.And generally just run around a bit faster!

I think you can play both Maddison and Pritchard but you need to liberate them from any real defensive duties. That first goal against Sheffield Wednesday came from them both making runs from deep and pulling defenders apart. Give them a solid base and let them roam.

.......tettey......tryball....

Wildschut...maddison...Pritchard. ..murphy

. ................oliviera. ............

(Which is what I attempted to type earlier!)

Does exactly that king canary.....it means that neither maddison or Pritchard are able or need to drop too deep or too wide....and keeps them in an area of the field where they can do damage

As much as possible bearing in mind injuries and fitness, we should revert to the team that beat Ipswich towards the end of of our unbeaten run, dropping Oliveira to his best position as super-sub as he has been a poor starter/team player.  He was dreadful in the first half yesterday and Dean Ashton on Talksport stated at half-time that he should have been taken off. The team that started against Ipswich was:Gunn; Pinto (C), Zimmermann , Klose, Stiepermann; Reed,

Trybull; Hoolahan , Maddison , Wildschut;

Jerome.