Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Garry Monk Sacked !!

Blimey never saw that one coming. Maybe Swansea are sniffing around and Pulis might step down a division ?

I would say let’s go and get him in, but firstly there isn’t a position available, and secondly if there were, I doubt he would work under someone else (Webber)

This has to be the strangest sacking of the season! Twice now he''s been fired with a team doing ok, makes you think Boro have someone else already lined up to suit the new owners!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Massively under achieved but ironic on a day they won[/quote]your local paper has"it made for a hostile end in South Yorkshire, as a number of Wednesday fans turned on Carvalhal and called for his sacking.

Monk - under pressure himself at times this season - had no such worries.

Monk

said: “That was our best away performance of the season and I thought

it was a thoroughly deserved win. I thought we were excellent today."

oh dear

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]My local paper is edp![/quote]oh dearmy apologiesthe word Taverham should have given it away !otherwiseMonk appeared just as badly informed before he got the push

[quote user="Miss Demeanor"]This has to be the strangest sacking of the season! Twice now he''s been fired with a team doing ok, makes you think Boro have someone else already lined up to suit the new owners![/quote]Three sort of - Swansea were in a bad patch when he was sacked but I seem to think it was only half a dozen games (could be wrong about that) and he had got them to their best ever Premier finish the previous season. Plus they''ve been even worse ever since and look fairly nailed on to finally drop this year - interesting also in terms of the flak of our Board are taking now.For a good few years Swansea were the model that everyone wanted us to emulate but in recent years they''ve switched from a near 100% success rate on the big decisions to a continuous series of really bad decisions. Just maybe running a football club is quite as simple as a lot of people think.

and the other ''media darlings'' bornmuff and now in the bottom threeoh dear

[quote user="Rhubarb"] Garry Monk Sacked ... again ?getting to be a habit[/quote]

Perhaps he should join the church

[quote user="daly"][quote user="Rhubarb"] Garry Monk Sacked ... again ?getting to be a habit[/quote]

Perhaps he should join the church[/quote]or maybe our local chippie... they''re looking for a Fryer