Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

historic month ahead for the club

We have seen lots of ups and downs over the last 25 years but this coming month I sense we could be at a potential crossroads. We end the year in poor form and spirits with doubts about team management and board. There are fixtures coming up that are critical and failure to get two or three wins will not only put us firmly in the relegation mix but totally shatter the brittle confidence in the direction the club is going. Add to that the transfer window and season ticket sales neither of which look too promising. If we get the wins it will buy manager and board time to see a summer transfer window as to how good that may be is another thing. Finishing the month of January in the low 30s of points and the club could face meltdown both on and off the pitch.

The club is on a knife edge.

Webber plans, the restructure, Farke, Delia, the board and the fans all seems ready to implode.

These next 2 away games have to be 4 points minimum, follows by a win against Millwall.

Teams below us are starting to pick up some form and I don’t want to rely on 3 teams being worse than us.

Once you get sucked into futhwe towards that relegation battle you are looking towards your players to show the stomach and fight to get out of it - I simply just don’t see that in the current squad

Agree with this Yorkshire. Talk is often cheap concerning that old ''crossroads'' chestnut. But you do sense in the pre match talk that Farke is fully aware. Whether the team can get their scoring boots on now is another thing. Looking at EFL stats we are taking lots of shots but not converting them. We have been so close so many times you would think it has to click at some stage. Of course then going behind as has happened on many occasions knocks the confidence from the team.

I did one of those prediction things (on The Fishy website) and still had us coming 7th! As ever my confidence and green and yellow eyed support is perhaps over-emphasised in the remaining fixtures. And where we are now should mean we will end up around the same place give or take 3 or 4 places. But I still see an improvement to come from this team. And I do feel a comfortable win is not far away, even this afternoon.