Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

What's the beef with zimmermann

I must be watching a completely different guy because I actually think all things considered he''s done really really well. Yes he''s made a few mistakes here and there but who hasn''t? He was part of the amazing clean sheet run we had and I think that his mistakes have only really been highlighted due to our shocking inability to take a hold on games in midfield and our total ineptitude in front of goal.

The whole team have been dreadful so it seems unfair to pinpoint him in my opinion. When you consider our pre-season

expectations of him and the level of football he came from I think he is one of a few that can hold their heads up at the minute.

I was talking to a couple of Brentford fans on the way back to the station and they said the only players they''d hypothetically take off is would be "Pritchard and our number 6". He has the attributes to be a really decent defender for us I think

Is there beef with Zimmerman?

As you say he has made mistakes, but you could probably say every other player has too. If anything he has been one of the few positives from a garbage season

Fairly obvious I would have thought - Whittaker has moved on, Russ hasn''t been playing, therefore a position has opened up as team scapegoat.It seems as though Zimmerman has got the job but its very similar to being Pope really, apparently we have to have one but quite how any specific individual gets elected to the job remains a mystery.

I didn''t realise that Zimmermann had been given the mantle of team scapegoat, I thought it was Vrancic?

[quote user=" Badger"]I didn''t realise that Zimmermann had been given the mantle of team scapegoat, I thought it was Vrancic?[/quote]Well, as I mentioned,  it is possible to have more than one, in case of injuries etc, and you are spot on with Vranic - he is definitely another contender. The fact that he has been one of our better players for several games running now doesn''t seem to have had any effect on the views of the people who had picked him out as a front-runner for the job.

Well I''m pleased the club have signed him up for extra years. He has been one of the more accomplished players. Yes, there have been some errors and unluckily for him, as sometimes happens, one or two have led to opposing goals scored. His attitude is first class, he clearly has an affinity with NCFC and fans and he is someone who is learning. I think the news of his contract extension came at a time of a defeat ( no surprise ) hence little attention given to the news. Had we have been in the top 6 I am sure his new contract would have been heralded more.

His performances have been good overall. He doesn''t deserve to be a scapegoat. Many more of those to choose......Vrancic of course being one, dare say Oliveira, Murphy, Jerome, Husband, even Stiepermann have all had their critics.

Looking forward to seeing him grow as a steady influence as one of two/three CBs in the next 12 months. So much prefer to see CZ than say Russ or Ryan Bennett.

Just now need him to pop in a goal or two, perhaps a headed corner. Our CBs do need to add to goals because the strikers are not doing it for sure.

I don''t have beef with him but I also don''t think he''s as good as some make out. He''s had quite a few very good performances but also chucked in some absolute shockers (he looked like a pub player away at Villa for instance). Also some people act like he''s a youngster when he''s already 24.

I don''t think he''s been scapegoated or particularly targeted but he''s on the bench for a reason. Fine as a squad player but nothing more.

Not heard anyone slating him to be honest so not sure where you''re coming from. Not a lot to choose between him and Hanley imo and considering what we paid and the potential he has to improve I would say he has been a good buy.

Well, hes not made any more mistakes than Klose or Hanley and considering how much we paid for him, alongside the fact hes younger than both of them and not experienced this level of football before its safe to say he has been a good signing for us.

Any grumbling comes from unrealistic supporters.

These are the sort of signings that we will now be making for a good while yet ... young, ambitious, untested at this level and unheard of. Some will not work out. Others, like Zimmerman, will grow into valuable assets.

He may have had a bit of stick early on , Vrancic is the scapegoat of those that view football through the eyes of a child.😊

[quote user="nutty nigel"]There was a thread blaming him for the Leeds goal......[/quote][quote user="pete"]Failing to challenge for the Leeds goal certainly

wasn''t the dark heads of Hanley or Klose. Another goal for which he was

responsible. Becoming a liability.[/quote]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Superb attitude! Wants to win every situation - reminds me of Tony Adams in his early days at Arsenal. Potential Captain material. Those Brentford fans could see his worth...[/quote]Agree with this. One of our rare successes this season.