Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Is this our worst run ever ?

I''ve been a Norwich supporter for coming up to 50 years. I cannot remember a worse run than this. If you take last season plus this one so far, our League record is as follows -

Played - 46

Won - 8

Drawn - 15

Lost - 23

Goals for - 49

Goals against - 87

Possible points - 138

Points accumulated - 39

Points % - 28%

Highest position - don''t know but it can''t be more than about 16th.

Goal difference - minus 38

This doesn''t take into account any Cups - it would be worse if it did, even if you take into account the fluke win at MK Dons.

And who''s presided over that run?   Ah yes, the man who took us to a play off final, promotion then relegation and beyond.

Worthy - you gotta love him....

Good post - shows him up for what he really is - a very average manager.

now this has got me thinking, surely, surely we can''t be as bad now as under the master of coaching, tactical awareness and motivation (and outstanding transfer dealings) mr bryan hamilton

i am no statto, i hate statistics and can barely remember what our results were last season, but surely, somewhere in our sometimes v bleak past there was a run worse than this season (oh and last if you are including it)

wasn''t there?  oh and what about relegation in 95?

stattos to the rescue please

We lost 5 in a row in this league under Hamilton up to his departure.

Very nearly avoided relegation and on paper most of us were happy with the replacements brought in in the summer given that we were dropping a division.

I think the players should take a huge heap of responsibility (as should Worthy) as I have said before he ain''t in control of Leon''s Barn Door Shooting Boots or Hucks big mouth when they cross the white line.

I am not removing blame from Worthy but there have been times this season where I have walked to the game thinking he is playing the team I would pick and then there has been a zero performance. 

the facts say it all

worthyingtons norwich career is nto far from over. The only problem now will be getting rid of him, unless we get relegated i cant see worthington getting sacked, our only hope is that he will resign when we lose all our good players in january.

Only problem then is the new manager would have to start fresh and sign alot of new players.

If we are not in the top 5 come january all our players will be gone