Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Boxing Day Match Thread.

Birmingham might have had the same number of shots as we have, but from what I''ve seen, every one has been from outside the box.

Pritchard limping off with an ice pack on his right ankle... hope that''s not a flare up of his injury.

Well done City. Must say I thought we could have quite easily lost this one especially as we don''t have a great record there.Burton Albion have just suffered suffered their eighth consecutive home defeat so we need to make sure it isn''t the same old " then Norwich arrive " result next weekend.

Brum huffed and puffed, but the lack of quality among their players was all to obvious.For us we seemed a team let of the leash, players roamed around the pitch as the game determinedWe coped well with a against a fairly physical team. Lewis  slotted in well, we are not faffing about so much with short goal kicks and tapping it around before clearing the ball. A much more direct approach is being taken.We do need to mark up tighter. Too many times Brum players had time to fun with ball before we challengedBut three points, no goals against and it''s on to the next game.

We looked a different team thanks to Alex Tettey, he protects the backs and creates the link to the attacking midfield, it was like playing with an extra man! Brilliant, we must keep him at all cost and somehow start to find an equal replacement. Special mentions to pritchard (my MoM) , Madison and young Jamal! Overall great team performance

A deserved win against a very very poor side. But wouldn’t have won it with for example Vrancic in the side. Alex Tettey and Trybull reelection to the side is the key to the victory as they cover the defensive midfield position and break up the oppositions play. It was good to get a win again, but we will meet much better sides as Birmingham seems to be heading for the drop based on this performance which was shocking. Norwich of course need to build on this with with a cleen sheet, but not get over the moon by it. It was very good to get Tettey and Trybull back, they have been missed. The team need especially Tettey injury free as he has been the glue in the team this season.

Well done City, we can only beat what''s in front of us so I am over the moon. First clean sheet for 14 games? Enjoy the rest of Boxing Day!

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]We looked a different team thanks to Alex Tettey, he protects the backs and creates the link to the attacking midfield, it was like playing with an extra man! Brilliant, we must keep him at all cost and somehow start to find an equal replacement. Special mentions to pritchard (my MoM) , Madison and young Jamal! Overall great team performance[/quote]Exactly, but surely Tettey has been fit for a while ????? Why wait so long to play him ?

A much needed three points and provided we come away with a point or three at Burton Monday at home to Millwall should see the crowd more relaxed and forgiving.