Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Boxing Day Match Thread.

Three big changes there. Tettey and Trybull should make us hugely more competitive in the middle of the park, and Stiepermann has been poor recently so hopefully Jamal can step up today. Probably the best team available to us.

Bit hard on Reed who I think has been doing a good job, also don''t think Murphy deserves a start. But good to see Lewis and Trybull in. Pleased to see a defensive two to sit In front of the defence

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Three big changes there. Tettey and Trybull should make us hugely more competitive in the middle of the park, and Stiepermann has been poor recently so hopefully Jamal can step up today. Probably the best team available to us.[/quote]pretty much my thoughtsI we can''t avoid defeat with this lot then ... yikesthe front four are all capable of scoring and will give the Brum defence a hard time as they all play across the pitch, dragging defenders with themI still say we need an out and out goalscorer, Oliveira is not that player as he will drift wide too oftenbut at least the midfield looks a bit more robust

It''s either going to be very conjested through the middle or Pritch will be expected to play wide right? Pinto can overlap occasionally but can''t be expected to play there all game. Bugger all on the bench, we desperately need another striker.

I like the line up but I continue to have concerns over the fact we play only one winger,  Its easy to defend against as most of our drive will come down the left.  When we do attack on the right through Pinto, we leave ourselves exposed at the back.  The reason appears to be so that we can have Maddison and Pritchard in the team (previously Maddison and Wes).  I think one of these should play on the right to balance the team and that should probably be Maddison, who will cause defense more problems with his trickery.

Can’t explain how nice it is to see a midfield without Vrancic dallying around.

Hopefully Farke has finally realised where Mario belongs!

Jamal Lewis has been very good so far in my book. Not the most inspiring football but if we get another I have a feeling the floodgates might open. Blues are there for the taking.

Had a great feeling pre match that we could get the points today. Hopeful we can 3 goals and 3 points.