Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

It’s tbe midfield

Today’s result, added to the winning streak, really doesn’t make good reading for Vrancic and Harrison. When they are replaced with trybull and Tettey instant improvement

Both seem very light weight at this level.

Or maybe Farke was aware that Brum would be quite a physical challenge so added a bit of muscleIt''s often horse for courses and so I shouldn''t imagine either would go off in a huff

Yep, a solid base gives Pritchard, Maddison and Josh the freedom to attack without being scared about leaving space in behind.

There is a large difference in Tettey and Reed. Maybe not in ability but on style of play.

Reed and Trybull are far more similar than Reed and Tettey and it shows when they play next to each other.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]And as for vrancic ...

Vrancic starts - P6 W0 D1 L5 Pts 1

Vrancic doesn''t start - P6 W5 D0 L1 Pts15

A L2 standard player methinks[/quote]Where are these stats from?

[quote user="Alfie54"]Still don''t think there''s much to choose between Tettey and Reed, I''d have either with Trybull[/quote]

Huge difference between the 2 imo. Reed might be slightly more accomplished technically but Tettey has a far greater impact breaking up the oppositions play and offers alot more physicality. If Tettey is to go at the end of the season and i would understand the club doings so on wages and the fitness front, then i wouldnt want the replacement to be Reed.

At least use solid facts when making an argument Dean Coney''s Boots. Vrancic started when we beat Sheff Wed and drew with Barnsley.

We are far more balanced with Tettey / Trybull in the side. I think it helps having a bit more height as well. Reed has been one of our better players recently but I worry seeing both him and Pritchard in the lineup. They looked like ball boys at Leeds!

You have to remember that 5 games into the 2 holding mid lineup almost everyone on here were desperate for one to be dropped to create more chances.

I don''t think that having Tettey back and keeping a clean sheet is too much of a coincidence, I think he''s been missed more than has been noted. He''s not the best player we have but had a good game by all accounts.

We as Norwich fans are all very aware that there is a specific way that Farke wants us to play. We also have in our arsenal a number of players with a few very good attributes the cost of a few bad ones- this is the level we are playing at now.I think it''s just the case that Tettey and Trybull ahead of Klose and Zimmerman and flanked by Pinto are the most effective set of players we have for the system. Reed is far from a bad player and I think Vrancic has come on a lot and has something to offer; both however have too much of a tendency to roam looking for the ball where Tettey sits disciplined and Trybull doesn''t sacrifice his defensive position for an attacking gain.After that, if we can rely on not conceding too many, we can generally assume to score at least 1 goal against most opponents IMO- I actually put a bet on us to lose 2-1 against Brentford on 89 minutes because we almost always get 1. Pritchard and Maddison is the attacking midfield of Championship dreams and ultimately could stand us in good stead- but only if the specific players stay fit. It''s then when the Farke doctrine falls flat with square pegs in round holes.Personally I would be asking more questions about whether Murphy wouldn''t be better as a forward, what on earth is Marley Watkins practical use on a football pitch and why Wildschut can''t get a look in.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]And as for vrancic ...

Vrancic starts - P6 W0 D1 L5 Pts 1

Vrancic doesn''t start - P6 W5 D0 L1 Pts15

A L2 standard player methinks[/quote]If you want to prove a point with statistics then you need to get them right - yours are tripe!!We''ve played 24 games, one of which only a fortnight ago we won with Vranic starting - on what grounds have the FA cancelled our 3 points from that game??A non-League statistician methinks.

Over the course of the season so far his ''average'' performance probably hasn''t been great but I think that a lot of us have seen a distinct improvement in recent weeks, and to be fair its hardly an unusual phenomenon for overseas players playing in England for the first time to take a while to find their feet.If that improvement continues he could turn out to be pretty useful, and if not we''re now pretty well off for midfield options plus hopefully Thompson to come back into the mix at some point eventually.Striking options are surely the bigger concern?

Have to say we were playing a very poor team today BUT its no coincidence we improved with them in midfield. When you look at it Zim and Klose with Tettey and Trybull in front of them it simply sounds so much more protective than Reed and Vrancic. Hopefully Tettey can stay fit and we get to see some more positive displays from him against some higher teams in the table.

Funny how pretty much every attack from the 3 previoud matches started with a Vrancic ball, alongside being the only player who was capable of playing a pass in behind the opposition defence in those games. Put that alongside the fact he has consistently made roughly the same amount of interceptions as the likes of Reed whilst winning a huge percentage more of aerial battles and I dont think you really have a point. Again, Farke prioritised defending in our play yesterday and said as such before the game. Its not just a personnel thing.

Vrancic plays some nice through halls but is defensively non existent and not that athletic so having s central midfield duo of him and Reed (again tidy and technically good but not mobile/athletic) leaves us exposed through the kiddie. Brentford ran through us at will.

It has been blatantly obvious for the last few games that Tettey and Trybull needed to be playing and at least one of them needs to start every week if fit, away from home or against he better sides at home both should start.

Vrancic has made significant improvements in his performances and is honest about the difficulty he''s had in adjusting to the league.

I think it''s a position that could work for him (in the 2 in front of the back 4) but with Tettey beside him.....meaning someone who will sit in front of the back 4 and cut out through balls etc. Tettey is underrated at how good he is positionally.

Vrancic is creative and has a good eye for a pass but he needs the protection next to him to allow him to roam. Playing him further up the pitch limits his passing as he''s more likely going to be on the wing or looking backwards.

What Jim said.

Interception stats don''t tell you anything. Teams have been able to cut through our middle without much issue with him and Reed together. There isn''t a stat for ''times someone was able to run past him'' or ''times the entire midfield was taken out with one pass''

This obviously sits on both him and Reed though.

Agreed, I think most people are under the impression at least one of Trybull or Tettey need to start each week where possible in order to give us a bit of bully and bite in the middle

Tetty and Tryball back yesterday and no coincidence we get a positive result albeit against poor opposition!

That said had we had our previous weaker midfield then we''d of gave Birmingham more opportunities to score!

And will please stop trying to make excuses for Vrancic!

One paced, lightweight, not quick thinking enough, drifts out of position in lapses of concentration - those are the reasons why he isn''t good enough for the Championship!