Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

worthy, you have finally lost it

referring to his post match comments as on this site:

"one or two of them would struggle to get into the reserve team"

so from your substitutions we suppose you refer to brennan and shackell - okay, so what did brennan do that was so much worse than anyone else, i''ll tell you worthy not much, nor shackell, who was defending with all his might, up against pace and height with a co partner who is not performing his captainly duties and was beaten (though he just stood and watched) for the first goal.  Yes, Shackell was beaten a few times, is it any wonder his confidence is diminishing by the game?  Drury and Shacks were at each other''s throats all night, and joined on more than one occasion by Fleming. 

No one did anything vaguely creative (perhaps because the most creative player at present was dropped, McVeigh, and the other, Hucks is suspended) - we were playing a step up from Saturday, yes, but surely that wasn''t exactly a surprise? 

"Taking a horse to water? ..." Hmmm, who is managing this club, Worthy, you are and that is how you earn your money, by motivating and encourging the players to do what you want them to do.  Granted this doesn''t happen all the time, but at present it isn''t happening at all. Why, what are you asking them to do that is so beyond them?

Play in their preferred or proper position?  Pass the ball to another yellow shirt in space, if not in possession get the ball back?  Tackle and mark the opposition, not a nice bit of grass with no one there? 

I would love to know just what those players are thinking right now - they finally have forgotten all about their hard working ethics and commitment and become too bad for the reserve team overnight?  No, to be honest Watford wasn''t that different from the other games this season, apart from we were playing an in form team

"Why can''t they do what they did on Saturday?"  Err, because Plymouth were even more clueless and inept than us and could have easily got 2 goals to draw the game, it wasn''t convincing and nor are your remarks re the Watford game Worthy.

Just go up to Colney and start again - do some TEAM building and instill some passion and will into the players before Sunday.  We have to players to wipe everyone else out of this division, we have the talent other managers would love to have, it is up to you to get the best out of them. 

And i have to say this.  After a brilliant performance from the fans last night, a second half of non-stop encouragement in fact, why did only Marney, Hughes and Greeno come over to the away end.  Oh you didn''t did you Worthy.  We did our work last night, it''s about time you did yours. 

Gazza, you speak too for me!!!

Other managers get their players to do what they want whether it is Allardyce or Boothroyd.  Curbishley in a recent very interesting interview said that he decided after consideration that last season was not good enough and he has to shake things up.  He got rid of failing players, brought in new ones and worked hard preseason to build a team. 

It should not be beyond the wit of Worthy and his staff to sort htis out but if they can''t then it truly is over and a new era must begin.

Great post Gazza.

Unfortunately I fear that NW has been taking liberties with squad selections, position-shifting, dropping and re-instating, favouritism and substitutions for too long and the team have lost confidence in him.

I know I have.

gazza - I think I love you (sorry meeky); it sums up what I have been trying to say in a such a ham fisted way.

Everything that is going wrong on the pitch comes from fundamentals that are entirely within Worthys control but has done nothing about for so long.   

Gazza

A contender for "Post of the Season".    A post from someone who truly CARES about what''s going wrong at the moment.

I hope Worthington reads this site - I really hope he does...

[quote]gazza - I think I love you (sorry meeky); it sums up what I have been trying to say in a such a ham fisted way. Everything that is going wrong on the pitch comes from fundamentals that are entirely w...[/quote]

Ha ha that''s ok Zipper.

I knew this was coming at some point today, as there was a long discussion on the journey home last night (when she wasn''t snoozing).

I would have put something similar, but she has put it far more eloquently than I could have!