Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Virgil van Dijk

Somebody who we were once linked with, and who isn''t that great, is joining Liverpool for £75m.In cheque book terms that''s Seventy Five Million Pounds OnlyJesus, that''s just rediculous.

But how much does that make Klose worth when we sell him in January?!

[quote user="AJ"]But how much does that make Klose worth when we sell him in January?![/quote]Based on the current going rate, possibly as much as £37.5m but no less than £20m.Knowing how shrewd we are in the tranfer market we''ll probably let him go for £8m

£75m and they still won''t win anything but I guess they just want that 4th place finish.

Russell Martin - £100,000 from Peterborough United I believe!

Probably one of the best £100,000 our great club or any club for that matter has ever spent!

Ridiculous money being bandied about!

That''s why we shouldn''t sell Maddison for less than £20M upfront!

[quote user="kingsway"]Russell Martin - £100,000 from Peterborough United I believe!

Probably one of the best £100,000 our great club or any club for that matter has ever spent!

Ridiculous money being bandied about!

That''s why we shouldn''t sell Maddison for less than £20M upfront![/quote]why up frontwhat difference does it make ?and it doesn''t quite work that way

Yes I know that most transfers only come to the stated amount after a number of requirements like appearances/goals/ promotions have been met!

But that''s exactly my point, which you seem to have missed. I think Maddison is that good that any transfer should be a minimum £20 M plus any extras.

I always laugh when Norwich fans go on about the £7M Wildshut cost! - That £7M is only after requirements!

It''s amazing how Southampton are able to achieve such crazy deals and it often seems their players are going to Liverpool for ridiculous fees. They must be using Southampton for money laundering.

I think Van Dijk is worth every penny to Liverpool. A quality player who will only enhance the Liverpool backline 🎣😳

I think you missed the point kingsway, even if the transfer is 20 million with no add ons that 20 million is never paid in one big lump, that 20 million will still be paid over a number of seasons it''s just the way transfers are done

When Liverpool play Arsenal there might be more Saints players on the pitch.