Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Return of Tettey/Trybull?

Merry Christmas you beautiful moron.

I didnt criticise Oliviera for Friday but expecting you to have an IQ of 6 or above is pushing it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Agree with the above posts - would even keep Reed in with a slightly more forward role and allowing Maddison and Pritchard to roam free.                   GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose Lewis           Tettey    Trybull                   Reed        Maddison    Pritchard                   Jerome[/quote]I''d go with this, except Nelson for Jerome at the moment.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]Agree with the above posts - would even keep Reed in with a slightly more forward role and allowing Maddison and Pritchard to roam free.                   GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose Lewis           Tettey    Trybull                   Reed        Maddison    Pritchard                   Jerome[/quote]I''d go with this, except Nelson for Jerome at the moment.[/quote]I quite like this as well. Pinto and Lewis can get forward more,adding more width.

I like the look of this team also. Love it for us to take a two goal lead very early on in the game in one of the festive period games and why not today?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Amazing to think that both Trybull and Tettey were on the bench when we have been crying out for them for weeks[/quote]And before that many of the same people were crying out for the balance to be shifted, giving greater priority to more adventurous attacking over defensive solidity! The selfsame people were constantly claiming we didn''t need two DMs and one should be sacrificed for a more attack-minded midfielder!

WE GET A WIN IT IS NOT DUE TO THE MANAGER WHO HAS HIS OWN STYLE BUT LARGELY DUE TO THE OPINION OF THE LONG SUFFERING FANS. MANY OF WHOM WERE FOLLOWING THE SPORT AND NORWICH CITY BEFORE HE WAS THOUGHT ABOUT OR EVEN BORN. THEY HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITHOUT BEING PAID COUNTLESS POUNDS FOR IT. STOP THE TIP TAP SIDE BACK SIDE BORING PEDESTRIAN STYLE, FORGET THE NERVES BRING IN THE TETTY TYPES WHO WILL RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL, WE HAD TO LOOSE MATCHES WITH THE KEY MEN FIT AGAIN BEFORE THE VOICES OF THE FANS WERE HEARD. HATS OFF TO THEM THE CLUB DEPENDS ON THEIR WISDOM,

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Amazing to think that both Trybull and Tettey were on the bench when we have been crying out for them for weeks[/quote]No wonder many have lost faith in Farke.  He cannot see the obvious.

Or maybe he is trusting all his players and showing they are all important. Reed and Vrancic are players who will be involved throughout the season - and Tettey and Trybull have only just come back from injury. He got the team right yesterday but then he won''t get any credit for that in some quarters. Some people only ever want to see bad in others.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Or maybe he is trusting all his players and showing they are all important. Reed and Vrancic are players who will be involved throughout the season - and Tettey and Trybull have only just come back from injury. He got the team right yesterday but then he won''t get any credit for that in some quarters. Some people only ever want to see bad in others.[/quote]

So play players to make them feel important regardless of whether it costs us three points ?   I don''t agree, mainly because I believe that we should always play our strongest team in order to at least have a chance to gain promotion. Tettey not playing for the past few games when he was available has probably cost us any chance of the play-offs.  Enjoy the Championship !!  

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Amazing to think that both Trybull and Tettey were on the bench when we have been crying out for them for weeks[/quote]And before that many of the same people were crying out for the balance to be shifted, giving greater priority to more adventurous attacking over defensive solidity! The selfsame people were constantly claiming we didn''t need two DMs and one should be sacrificed for a more attack-minded midfielder![/quote]
I know Westcoast, I said the same elsewhere. When we had this partnership before, after 5 games or so the desperation to drop one of them started, and continued for some time.

At the moment we need to be solid and build some confidence. So Tettey and Trybull are the ideal partnership for that. Both solid players who do the simple things right.

But that doesn’t mean they will always be the best pair for every game. There will be times when it will suit to just have one of them and have someone with a little more flair alongside them e.g reed or the recently improved Vrancic.

I’m sure that’s Farke’s aim but due to injuries and form he’s never quite been able to mix it up as he’d like.

Regardless of the fact that Birmingham are a very poor side who look like relegation fodder, yesterday we saw our best midfield on the pitch!

As for those sticking up for Vrancic!

The reason he wasn''t in the team yesterday was cause we have better players in midfield than him!

I''m sure had we of seen Tetty and Tryball in the team more this season we''d have more points on the board!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Amazing to think that both Trybull and Tettey were on the bench when we have been crying out for them for weeks[/quote]No wonder many have lost faith in Farke.  He cannot see the obvious.[/quote]What''s obvious is a function of how blinkered your vision is and how oblivious you are to the broader, longer term, picture.

The debate with Vrancic isn''t whether he has talent- he does. He can pick a pass, has good vision etc.

It''s whether what he brings is enough.

In this 4-2-3-1 where does he play?

The 2? Tettey and Trybull seem to provide better balance.

The number 10 role? Not above Pritchard and Maddison.

Out wide? Not looked effective there, wouldn''t start above Pritchard or Murphy for me.

He just doesn''t offer enough to displace any of them or to change formation.

[quote user="GJP"]I would be interested in seeing him alongside Tettey.[/quote]Yes, and with Lewis at LB. 
king canary''s "Does he bring enough?" ignores the reality that "No player is an island" (a reality also conveniently ignored by posters who keep simplemindedly comparing the results of games when Vrancic has or hasn''t played). 

It ignores nothing.

It simply looks at whether he brings enough to the team to break up a successful partnership (like Trybull and Tettey) or move another player out of position (like Maddison).

Westcoast, I''m sure I asked before but I''d love to know what exactly you think Vrancic brings to our team that means we should be accommodating him at the expense of others.

@king canary

To make my own position clear, I’m one of those who firmly believe that sustained success is built first and foremost on solid defence, and to hell with “entertaining football” in the short term (in conformity with which, incidentally, I believe Chris Hughton should never have been sacked). I have no short term issue with Trybull and Tettey currently starting every game if fit, and I do mean every game, home as well as away, and have no truck with complaints about “boring football”.
Longer term though, having to play two orthodox DMs in front of the back four would continue to handicap the team offensively; so what we need (and what I think Farke is aiming to do) is fashion a better balanced side capable of consistent clean-sheet defending while adding greater offensive capability to midfield in lieu of one of the DMs. I see Vrancic as well suited to that role, but more is needed than simply selecting him instead of, say, Trybull, because what the side lose defensively with Trybull’s omission has to be made up for elsewhere. This is partly a LB issue (to which Lewis promises to provide an answer), partly a DM issue (hence currently Tettey rather than Reed for example), and partly a wide midfield issue (both wings). Rubbishing Vrancic, as some on here do, for not being Trybull, completely misses the point, as does your question about who of those who played e.g. on Tuesday, should Vrancic currently be preferred to. 
Re. Vrancic himself: he is technically good, with good feet and dribbling skills;  he is constantly looking to move the ball forward, with a good eye for openings (the perception that he slows everything down and passes mainly sideways is a travesty, mainly due to his appreciation of the possession game Farke is trying to develop; if no-one ahead of him has seen the opening or made the necessary run, Vrancic seeks to keep possession rather than make the possession-yielding pass); he is far more dynamic than he is given credit for, covering a lot of ground, making tackles, intercepting, winning a surprising number of headers). And all that’s on top of his passing and dead ball skills! 

along the right lines there.

juat look at where surman plays for bournemouth. it ia not necessarily muscle but the ability to read the game. id go tettey and trybul away from home. vrancic and one of tettey or trybul at home

[quote user="6088m canary"]along the right lines there.

juat look at where surman plays for bournemouth. it ia not necessarily muscle but the ability to read the game. id go tettey and trybul away from home. vrancic and one of tettey or trybul at home[/quote]When the aim is to get an entire squad singing to a hymn sheet very different to what a majority of them are used to, it seems to me counter-productive to approach home and away games differently; hence, for the time being at least, I''d prefer to see Trybull and Tettey start every league game.

i see the point but tettey wont play that many games. away from home we should expect to be under pressure where as at home we should be applying thr pressure.for that reason alone vrancic at home makes sense.