Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

tettey IS our best player

They say the best player in a team isn''t the one who scores the goals, has the best technique or the most skillfull, but the one you miss the most when they don''t play.We''ve got a ball winner and a midfield engine with him in the middle.Someone who can recycle posession and knows when to put a foot in and when to leave it there.If we lose him in January or the Summer then it''s proof no one at the club has a scooby. I''d sooner release wes as to lose Tettey.

it was even more noticeable in the premier league even though he was slated by most as boring that can only pass sideways and always giving away fouls, myself and at least one other poster I know of has voted him player of the season pretty much every year since he''s been with us.

I''ve certainly tried to work out why we haven''t played him more this season. I appreciate his legs can''t manage every single game but to have him on the bench seems silly. I''d love to see the stats with him starting vs without him. It certainly feels we''ve always done much better with him in the side.

Not sure he''s our best player but is certainly integral to Norwich doing well!

Protects the back 4, stays disciplined and in position, does the dirty stuff others don''t do and has more class than most give him credit for.

My gut reaction is I''m more assured when he plays and that''s coming from over 40 years of watching Norwich and having long learnt you always trust your initial gut reaction!!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]it was even more noticeable in the premier league even though he was slated by most as boring that can only pass sideways and always giving away fouls, myself and at least one other poster I know of has voted him player of the season pretty much every year since he''s been with us.[/quote]Quite. Very under estimated player who''s been sorely missed.

A huge player for us an pretty much has been since he arrived, when he''s been out through injury even in the premier league our form has always suffered. When fit he''s the best player in the championship at what he does, but thats also the big problem he has a dodgy knee, is nearly 32 and probably one of our high earners so in a time of hard decisions i would understand the club possibly letting him go. However the club should never have gone into this season without a real defensive midfielder to compete and fill in for Tettey.

It has taken an awful long time for some supporters to realise how good a player Tettey really is and how much he is missed when he is not playing.

not the most talented player but very much like Keane was to United back in the day. although he manages a booking every single time he plays, that could be down to the fact that hes the only midfielder who ever puts his foot in.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]It has taken an awful long time for some supporters to realise how good a player Tettey really is and how much he is missed when he is not playing.[/quote]I must admit I fall into that category. Admittedly certain players perform better under certain managers and certain systems, but he has been outstanding this season and we need to keep him beyond the summer if at all possible. With him alongside Trybull and Maddison/Pritchard in attack, I have no doubts that our form will pick up and at the very least we''ll finish the season comfortable in mid-table.

Il hold my hands up as being one of those who thought Tettey was past it after being pretty poor in the last couple of seasons imo, but Im happy he is proving me wrong. Been solid as a rock this season and it seems Trybull''s a better player for him being in the side as well, that looks a stella partnership.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]A huge player for us an pretty much has been since he arrived, when he''s been out through injury even in the premier league our form has always suffered. When fit he''s the best player in the championship at what he does, but thats also the big problem he has a dodgy knee, is nearly 32 and probably one of our high earners so in a time of hard decisions i would understand the club possibly letting him go. However the club should never have gone into this season without a real defensive midfielder to compete and fill in for Tettey.[/quote]

Yes its so obvious that I cannot believe we have not recruited a combative defensive midfielder.

Many of the issues in the poor performances have come from the powderpuff centre.

We had a link to Hanno Behrens at some stage who at 1.87 and 13 stone + looked like potentially like the hard man we needed forTetty to pass the baton along to.

lincoln Canary, its tetty.Pritchard was involved in none of the 10 game run.When Fergie was manager of Man Utd he''d often say Schiles was the best player, in a team that at times had Cantona, giggs, Beckham, Ronaldo and RVN...The one season Scholes missed is the onlynone United failed to win a trophy in under Fergie in the prem era...Whilst not as good a player, Tettey is our ''scholes'' the one you''ll wish was in when out?