Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

This game summed up our season...

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 5:11 PM:

Today proved that a lot of the players brought in simply are not good enough.

Without Tettey, Maddison and Pritchard we are awful

Doesn’t bode well for next season then

Not if you consider the signings that have been made since the new structure. Which one, if there really is one, has paid off.

Gunn on loan is obvious and Trybull isn''t too bad. Zimmermann needs to get used to Championship defending before he looks the real deal.

The rest are not good enough.

But bottom line - we have been failed again by lack of investment and chronically poor signings.

Now remove the few stars we have- which the board have told us must happen- and the future is not in this league with this board.

New ownership needed - however much a gamble- without it we are doomed.

If it is poor recruitment(& I don''t agree with some of the comments) then the finger has to be pointed at Webber not Farke.I doubt that Farms had even heard of Husband or Watkins let alone seen them play.

Incidentally Pritchard apparently had ice on his ankle after Tuesdays game so I can understand him being left out. Lewis has just come back from injury so ok be careful with him but don''t understand Timm or Josh

Take away the lack of investment.. we still had a large group of players that most Championship managers would’ve loved the opportunity to work with..

Pinto, Kiose, Tettey, Maddison, Pritchard, Oliveira, Murphy, Wildschut...

A few hard working half decent additions in the summer and we could’ve/should’ve been pushing for promotion.

Farke simply isn’t get the best out of them.

[quote user="Dean Coneys being negative again"]But bottom line - we have been failed again by lack of investment and chronically poor signings.

Now remove the few stars we have- which the board have told us must happen- and the future is not in this league with this board.

New ownership needed - however much a gamble- without it we are doomed.[/quote]You do know the owners don''t personally suggest or buy the players, don''t you?

Too right he''s not. Show some bloody passion and this extra fitness we have over everyone.... allegedly.

I swear as an ex non league manager I could have picked a better team today,. Forget tiredness if I could I would play every day for the money they earn.

Not good enough

With the players we have Farke is seriously underachieving. No other club would tolerate his abysmal record. Why should we?

Of unemployed managers both Lambert and Grayson would do better and I am sure getting Culverhouse from Kings Lynn would be within our budget.

At AGM time the public were told that by the summer of 2018 we would have a £7m overdraft. Furthermore we have to find the money to pay the expensive wages of Naismith (unless he move permanently), Jarvis etc. next season (without any parachute money).

So how many players do we have to sell in the next two windows to fund that?

I''m not sure that we even have a budget that could afford Lambert etc.

Quite. The last two managers both came in the cheap and grateful just to be here category. The stale board minus Bowkett couldn’t cope with the challenge a proven manager would bring...