Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Burton Match Thread

GunnPintp Zimmermann Hanley Husband                   Reed Trybull        Watkins  Vrancic Hoolahan                      OliveiraWell that''s a bit different!

I’m a fan of Farke still but that line up looks ridiculous.

Can understand resting one or two but not all our best players.

Oh, well fingers crossed it works

I didn''t think that line up would go down too well[:D] I hope he isn''t taking Burton for granted.

Trying to look on bright side(?!)....

How many times has a recall for Hoolahan led to us all moaning? Just shows that, we are finally moving on with Pritchard and Maddison, presuming, we keep them

Don’t think I’ve ever been so surprised by a starting line up in my life, didn’t see that coming! A lot of fresh legs there, let’s hope there’s method within the madness...

shocking 11! Vrancic and Watkins again?

Hope they prove me wrong but if we don’t get the win today surely it’s time for Daniel to pack his bags?

I’m guessing we’re not risking injury to our more valuable players in anticipation of the transfer window opening...

I have to admit feeling shocked and a little disappointed. The team last week was our strongest IMO but can only guess he is saving players because of the 3 games in a few days and therefore has opted for such a strong rotation. Farke is either a genius or he has made a big mistake. Fingers crossed we get the first goal today. We should win today really.

Think a lot of that is tactical. Burton lost 8 on the spin at home. They''re going to sit back for first hour then they''re going to have a go you would imagine. No point putting pritch and Maddison in from start when it''s going to be very physical and congested on the middle. I would think we''ll probably see them and murph come on as subs 2nd half. I don''t like it, but I do understand it (I think).

This is a huge surprise, and a massive gamble. I guess he''s hoping that the starting XI will match Burton for the first hour or so, and then we''ll be able to rely on quality from the bench to finish the job. If it backfires, though, he will be under massive, massive pressure from the first whistle on Monday.

Thinking about it, the ability is there, it all depends on the attitude.

In particular, Nelson needs to be on it, Reed & Trybull need to hold the midfield together. If that happens I reckon we''ll be OK.

OTBC!

Gordon Bennett wrote

Can see why he has made all those changes but that''s very brave.

If you can see please enlighten me and probably another 20000 NCFC fans

Good point KIO. Clough will have been expecting Madders and Pritchard for sure. And Hoolihan is no slouch to have coming in. Maybe Tettey has been kept for Milwalll Monday.

[quote user="Alex "]I’m guessing we’re not risking injury to our more valuable players in anticipation of the transfer window opening...[/quote]I''ve already seen the "no Jerome, no Wildshut, hmmm..." type posts.[:D]

Kick it off...

Tactical?

Very physical and congested in the middle?

So we go with Wes, Watkins and golden balls Vrancic?

No pace, no strength and no width. Tactical genius.

Plus you have to believe in the squad to do the business. Big calls today from DF.

[quote user="daly"]Gordon Bennett wrote

Can see why he has made all those changes but that''s very brave.

If you can see please enlighten me and probably another 20000 NCFC fans[/quote]

Because we have Millwall in 48hrs time.

There better be some kind of horrific sickness going around Colney to have kept Tettey, Lewis, Pritchard and Maddison from instantly making the starting XI this afternoon!

On the plus side, hopefully we can finally see what Vrancic is all about down the middle...

If we''re just giving players a game for the sake of it (Vrancic, Husband) why hasn''t Jerome got the nod?