Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Burton Match Thread

[quote user="hogesar"] if we beat Millwall then this point away wont be the worst thing in the world.[/quote]

It''s a marathon of a season and points will be difficult wherever you go - even Burton - and if we win on Monday, things will look a lot better ("if" is the operative word! [:S] ).............a win on Monday would also put us just two points behind 1p5wich. As for today, a point is a point and our best players will be fresh for Monday. Let''s hope they make it count.

Negative team selection, dire performance, one shot on terget. Listened to the match on radio, sounded like League One quality and lack lustre effort. Feel for the travelling fans.As soon as I think we have turned the corner, Farke dishes up this dross.

True. but it’s points on the board that count. Frankly though any talk of play offs is laughable

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Whats the difference between ''bang average'' and average?[/quote]
No difference......the same as between Tangie and Donkey. Both are asses.

It''s a marathon of a season and points will be difficult wherever you go - even Burton - and if we win on Monday, things will look a lot better ("if" is the operative word! Tongue Tied [:S] ).............a win on Monday would also put us just two points behind 1p5wich.

As for today, a point is a point and our best players will be fresh for Monday.

Let''s hope they make it count.

So what happened to the old adage of "one game at a time".

Surely LDC we are not in a position to think one point is OK. We had just beaten the bottom team after an awful run.

Making six changes is not right. Why not rest Gunn then?

I am coming round to thinking that maybe he was told who to pick and that makes him a eunuch.

Tettey played 60 minutes today plus 90 against Birmingham unlikely to see him Monday given the state of his knees. If Farke does feel he needs him exerting him may well lead to a long term injury. Reed off after 25 probably injured so will not see on Monday. Perhaps holding fire on extending Godfrey loan could have been a sound plan.

A point would sound better if we weren''t playing a team who had lost their previous eight home games.

Forget this nonsense about playoffs. That went out of the window months ago. We will be lucky to finish top half. In fact I would bet money we wont.

Fans trying to pluck positives from a bore draw with Burton Albion. It really is sad to see how far we’ve fallen in such a short space of time.

On a positive note. A points a point. There are no easy games in this league. We’ll be fresh for Monday and it’s better than having electrodes attached to your nadgers.

Defence and defensive midfield did their job. Striker was the same as against Birmingham.

Pritchard and Madison were left out of starting line up because of fitness concerns and we can''t say Hoolahan is a bad deputy.

There are no easy games, Burton have had a bad run but so have we, it makes more sense to rest players today than to lose them for Monday.

[quote user="Bonzo"]On a positive note. A points a point. There are no easy games in this league. We’ll be fresh for Monday and it’s better than having electrodes attached to your nadgers.[/quote]There is that and no-one expected Brum to beat Leeds today, so had we won we would have been even closer to the play-offs and with the confidence boost of 2 wins on the trot. Farke does my head in.

Bizarre line-up on the face of it - we''ve seen Vrancic is far more effective in a deeper role. Looks like Farke was gambling on us somehow finding a goal from somewhere against a poor old team, but never really looked like happening today.

Does anyone still believe Oliveira is going to get us the goals we need? We desperately need a mobile goalscorer in January.

The clubs a joke from the non-coaching staff to our Celebrity idiot of a Chairman.

Speaks volumes when the BOD appointed Stephen Fry as a director and he attended one AGM for 45 minutes before having to leave

[quote user="Bonzo"]On a positive note. A points a point. There are no easy games in this league. [/quote]But some are a lot easier than others. This was Burton, definitely one of the easier ones, and which ever way you look at it we just didn''t go for it. In what could turn out to be a relegation battle between 2 very poor sides, the only player we had booked was Husband who was carded for diving FFS.No passion, no committment, no urgency, no intent, no fight, no hope.

[quote user="hogesar"]Lincoln, I reckon Wildshut is nearing an appearance fee we would owe Wigan and reckon its quite significant. Can''t see any other viable reason.

As for the rest, we dont know how many changes had to be made due to fitness etc.

And certainly, if we beat Millwall then this point away wont be the worst thing in the world.

Interesting to see Birmingham beat Leeds today too, makes our win look a little better.[/quote]

Could be something in that. I rate Wildshut. His wages are probably sustainable in this league... I''d rather we invested and kept him on as opposed to more foreign dross.

This is the game that proved for me that we are in for a relegation scrap at the tail end of this season.

No guts off of the pitch by the management and no guts on the pitch by the players.

The minimum acceptable points tally for men over the holiday period was 7 (and that was an absolute minimum given the sides we were playing). Huge pressure on now to achieve that against a side that will bully us next week....and we won''t like that.

It''s abundantly clear that we are not progressing and Farke is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Today clearly demonstrated that either he has no coherent plan or he can''t get his players to understand it (or they are simply not good enough to enact it).

It''s going to be a long few months ahead of us.

YankeeCanary wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 5:26 PM:

Donkey dangler wrote:

Whats the difference between ''bang average'' and average?

No difference......the same as between Tangie and Donkey. Both are asses.

The same difference as between Yankee and a pompous ar$e - none.

Am sure I just heard on the "ch 5 highlights" that Burton hadnt kept a clean sheet at home for 9 months!! Until today that is.

[quote user="ec-p"]Am sure I just heard on the "ch 5 highlights" that Burton hadnt kept a clean sheet at home for 9 months!! Until today that is.[/quote]Yep it was last March and they went into the game today on the back of 8 consecutive home defeats.

Firstly I''d like to say well done to all that went and made the noise. I must admit it felt like a lose to me, what happened to our passing game?  We were dragged down to there level of football and they were more used it then us.