Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Burton Match Thread

Only positive for me is that we didn''t lose.

The rest was dross.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Anybody want to suggest it’s a good point or defend Farke?[/quote]Second clean sheet[Y]

Well that is another record we have spoiled for the opposition. That is their run of defeats halted matey.

That is not a team in transition. It is just poor selections and poor football played by some poor players.

Watkins and Vrancic as key members of the attacking unit is always going to lead to a lack of scoring chances.

I can understand resting Maddison or Pritchard but not both.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Anybody want to suggest it’s a good point or defend Farke?[/quote]Not me. The lack of ambition shown by the board is working it''s way through the whole Club.FFS, this was Burton Albion.

That was a bad game of football.  Watkins and dire were the worst of the bunch for me.  The best were probably the two centre-backs who seem to have a good understanding together. Trybull was also solid. The rest .... meh!

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Anybody want to suggest it’s a good point or defend Farke?[/quote]Second clean sheet[Y][/quote]If we win on Monday, this result looks a little more forgiveable. Fail to beat Millwall and it could be curtains for Farke.

Anybody want to suggest Vrancic is a good player or rave about his “passing ability”?

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]That was a bad game of football.  Watkins and dire were the worst of the bunch for me.  The best were probably the two centre-backs who seem to have a good understanding together. Trybull was also solid. The rest .... meh!

[/quote]Sorry I meant to say "Watkins and Husband were the worst of the bunch"

Utter dross. All wrong from start to finish. How to ruin a bit of positivity after a decent away win.

F king rubbish.

Now closer to relegation than the play offs.

Farke should be sacked on the spot for his tactical naivety.

Dropping Lewis, Pritchard and Maddison was stupid.

Playing Hoolahan and Vrancic together in an advance position has failed many times this season, yet he still tries it!? When will he realise!?

And as for Wildshut not being in the squad. Webber and Farke clearly have his card marked. Why is beyond me, he had a striker at sheff Utd, and never to be seen again!?

What happened to the days when you picked your best available team and went out to win.

You might be a bit cautious against a team at the top if away from home.

But a team in the bottom four who can''t hardly score let alone win at home?

Somebody please explain it to me. We are watching worse stuff than under Neil and we thought he had become a chicken.

Nothing about drawing 0-0 against a poor, out of form Burton in front 4,565 fans is forgivable.

Leaving your best players on the bench, persisting with players who simply haven’t delivered the goods, and turning out yet another completely drab uninspiring performance.

I was hoping Farke could turn it around, but the man seems deluded.

Lincoln, I reckon Wildshut is nearing an appearance fee we would owe Wigan and reckon its quite significant. Can''t see any other viable reason.

As for the rest, we dont know how many changes had to be made due to fitness etc.

And certainly, if we beat Millwall then this point away wont be the worst thing in the world.

Interesting to see Birmingham beat Leeds today too, makes our win look a little better.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Anybody want to suggest it’s a good point or defend Farke?[/quote]Second clean sheet[Y][/quote]If we win on Monday, this result looks a little more forgiveable. Fail to beat Millwall and it could be curtains for Farke.[/quote]You may be right. This game showed that we have a lack of depth is this squad though. Ok-ish in defence,but no attacking players that could scare the opposition.

deluded possibly, way out of his depth definately. This has gone on long enough. Nice enough chap but clueless and i would say verging on desperate now. Should never have been appointed period.

Have we seen the future today?

No Maddison, Pritchard, Tettey starting, players brought by Farke/Webber to replace them simply not good enough.

This could be the norm next year.

From Paddy Davitt...

#bafc Nigel Clough in with print boys. First point since mid-Sept at home. First clean sheet in 9 months. #ncfc

Wow. Along Came Norwich at it’s finest.

Wrong. We are closer to the play offs than relegation.

thought we had enough quality today ... wrong. I''ve not seen so much hoofing & head tennis for many a year.

Watching Wes trying to pirouette his way out of defence is the stuff of heart attacks.

Mario simply isn''t suited to this league.

Least said about Watkins & Husband the better.

And I''m beginning to think Cam is better than Nelson - certainly against this sort of opposition (i.e. most of the Champs). Burton were bereft of quality, but in our faces, crafty & dirty. Today we just didn''t have enough of the first to overcome their main three attributes.

We''ll have to be better against Millwall.

If this club is now being run football wise because of finance, if the Wildschut and today''s selections may indicate, then we might as well go into administration, go down, get a new structure and start afresh.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 5:15 PM:

Wrong. We are closer to the play offs than relegation.

10 points to the lay offs and 9 above relegation places