Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Burton Match Thread

Feel a bit sorry for Oliveira today. Final ball to him is poor every time.

Surely Pritchard, who will shoot, can be risked for half an hour.

Now is the time for change, we were creating but have started to sit back again. Vrancic off and Madders or Pritchard on and I''d be tempted to take off Watkins for Jerome. This game is winnable with a bit of quality

[quote user="AJ"]Now is the time for change, we were creating but have started to sit back again. Vrancic off and Madders or Pritchard on and I''d be tempted to take off Watkins for Jerome. This game is winnable with a bit of quality[/quote]

Is Jerome on the bench even????

Ah Pete, hadn''t noticed that. Must be unavailable then because if Oliveira has to come off we''ve literally got no striker

Radio Norfolk says Jerome is fit. Just not selected for the squad. I don''t understand it either.

Ah Pete, hadn''t noticed that. Must be unavailable then because if Oliveira has to come off we''ve literally got no striker

But we could move Watkins to the middle and he could cock it up with either foot then.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Radio Norfolk says Jerome is fit. Just not selected for the squad. I don''t understand it either.[/quote]He''s off to Cardiff next week

I’m not sure we came to win this one given the team Farke has put out. Surely Pritchard plays and what about Lewis? Watkins and Husband are bang average at best. Vrancic might pick a pass but having him play with Hoolahan seems an odd combo surely one or the other? Murphy scores last game and gets hooked? Maybe there is a parallel dimension where all of this makes sense.

Bonzo, It certainly seems to be focused on resting players whilst not losing.

That said, we''ve kept it 0-0 and now have our best attackers on the pitch so hopefully we can nick it and be done with it.

Baffling, but if we win we''ll take it

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Must not overplay some of our key players. We have another home game in a couple of days.[/quote]Just as well that our players were better at football than they were at tennis when they were growing up.

The pace has lifted with those two on now. I don''t think Burton like it too much.

Watkins and Husband are just horrifically bad players.

We’ve improved since Tettey had to come on today and Kay still nick this but for me the team selection was horrifically bad today. Really, really poor decision to change so much after a decent win.

0-0. Against a team that has lost their last eight home games, this was woeful.

A really quite disappointing performance against a less than average Burton team........"Oh well, a point away is better than nothing"......