Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Burton Match Thread

What a joke.... how can you make 6 un-forced changes when you’ve just had a brilliant away result. If this doesn’t come off there are no excuses and questions have to be asked of Farke’s ability.

Husband not good enough and it feels like we’re playing with 10 men every time we start Vrancic.

Must win game to have any chance of making play offs.

Prepare for a game in 48 hours time by dropping your best players?

Can you enlighten me as to why the Milwall game is more important than today?

IMO the best preparation for Milwall would’ve been comfortably beating Burton today.

Bit of a joke for Norwich to make such a fuss to get a game moved to Friday night only to not play a large bulk of the players anyway.

Ah well, prove me wrong Mr Farke and I will be happy...

[quote user="hazza9"]Must win game to have any chance of making play offs.[/quote]You sound just like a Brexitier, still believing that we won''t leave the EU.

Bizarre

Illogical

Foolish

Mind Boggling

Hiding to nothing

Season over

or

Inspired

Genius

Tactical nous

Getting the best out of the squad

4.50pm could be interesting

[quote user="STAN"]Prepare for a game in 48 hours time by dropping your best players?

Can you enlighten me as to why the Milwall game is more important than today?

IMO the best preparation for Milwall would’ve been comfortably beating Burton today.[/quote]I think revenge for the tonking at theirs and the fact it''s a home game, where the fans are on the turn, literally and metaphorically, and another loss at home in front of 25k fans could turn nasty.

Everybody can''t play three games in seven days, especially the three who are recently back from injury. Klose and Maddison are the surprise absentees. Farke obviously feels Monday will be the much harder game both in terms of physicality and quality but he has set himself up for major criticism if today''s selection backfires.

What it does show is that he has faith in his squad. And to that end if three point are collected he should be praised rather than be labelled lucky.

It’s a huge gamble from Farke, BUT we should still have enough to beat Burton and then have players fresh for Millwall.

If it goes wrong then pressure on Farke will be huge.

Conspiracy theory time. I wonder if it is partly to demonstrate to the board/Webber how thin the squad is to try and force some money to be made available in January

Very brave.

If we lose today AND then at home on Monday then it really should be curtains.

It''s an all or nothing. Unforgivable to treat Burton with such disrespect by resting 6 players. Lose today and then lose the game you rested your players for and you''ve printed your own P45.

However, win both and he''s a genius.

If the first 15 minutes of this game are anything to go by, he''s not a genius.

We don''t look like we''ve got a great game plan tbh, sitting back for the much part. I think we''ve been in their box once so far

Christ, this sounds really poor.

It''s even worse watching it.

This is embarrassing.

Watkins is woeful. Vrancic I can''t really comment on because people get their knickers in a twist if you say he''s not as good as Pirlo.

Just need Watkins or Vrancic to go off injured now, then we might have a chance.

I''m gonna start calling him Barley Watkins, cos he''s made a meal of every pass to him this game.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Was it a dive? Why would he do it?[/quote]I can only think it''s because he''s scared to take the chance on because he has no confidence and is a cr@p player to boot.