Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Surely we're after a striker this window

With interest confirmed in Hernandez, we''re after another winger, which, imo won''t solve our problems.

Even if Wildschut goes, will OH get ahead of Madds, Pritch & Murphy.

Surely we have to get a striker in, as we''re woefully short on striking options, and Olive & Jerome have been woefully short on goals this season.

Anyone know of any targets, possibly the german lower leagues (where Hernandez is coming from)

Yes I think we all think that there must be money put aside for a striker.

The shortage of goals is not completely down to the strikers but I must admit they have missed easy chances right from the opening game.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]The shortage of goals is not completely down to the strikers [/quote]Whilst in another thread .............[quote user="unique"]According to the Coventry Telegraph, JM has created

more chances so far this season than any other player from the top five

leagues in Europe..... [/quote]Mmmmmmm, something doesn''t add up then [;)]

What we have at moment and what we might get don''t think make much difference,We don''t play with an out and out goal scorer Bring back mc Dougall and Boyer they new where the net was OTBC

I think they may be a bit old.

I do agree that we need another forward and preferably something with a different style.

We can have the best striker in the world, but they would have trouble scoring with our slow approach play with the defenders set and ready to defend. We need a quicker attack maybe a winger may help.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Need a proven goal scorer, not a young hopeful - at this stage anyway.  Someone from a lower league that has some track record - maybe Jack Marriot from Peterborough?  17 goals so far?

[/quote]Good call. 2 small problems though,ex-Binner and a few teams sniffing around.[:)]My mate has been raving about Danny Hylton who has been knocking them in at Luton.Pros: Good scoring record esp. 1 in 2 at Luton. Should be in our price range.Cons: Age. Never played higher level. Bit of a tw@ when he was younger.

[quote user="Darth Vadis"]Mikael Ishak for me. Top scorer in the Bundesliga. 2 at the moment. Would be cheap also.[/quote]

If we sell Jerome, he might be the answer at 6'' 1" tall and a Swedish international.

[quote user="Darth Vadis"]Mikael Ishak for me. Top scorer in the Bundesliga. 2 at the moment. Would be cheap also.[/quote]

Good god, no more second rate German league players

Good god, no more second rate German league players