Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

GREENS CONFIDENCE

does anyone else think that greens confidence has gone? i wasnt there tonight but have seen all home games and i dont think he commands his box anymore, its no wonder sven dropped him from bench. im not surprised tho as his defence has been poor all season.maybe he should get a break before he is ruined by worthy, what do you lot think?

I think that it''s academic anyway. By January, Greeno, along with Ashton  (and perhaps Safri, Huckerby and Leon) will be off, and our loan players will have realised that it''s not a good idea to hang around. We''ll have to hope that we can pick up a manager who will re-build the team over the next two or three years, with a view to challenging for promotion.      

I think that it''s academic anyway. By January, Greeno, along with Ashton  (and perhaps Safri, Huckerby and Leon) will be off, and our loan players will have realised that it''s not a good idea to hang around. We''ll have to hope that we can pick up a manager who will re-build the team over the next two or three years, with a view to challenging for promotion.      

Sheesh - Green issikeky responsible for the few points we do have - every game so far he has covered up the mistakes of the defence and midfield - even in the plymouth & crewe games, the only ones so far where we have actually had more than 50% possession.  Greeno isplaying well and keeping us in games - he is not a problem - until he leaves that is.   

Look at the goals tonight - one long ball and flem loses both his man and ball leaving Green exposed, and the second is a superb shot after the defence and midfield have given the player a free invitation to shoot.  Neither were the keepers fault.

Anyway - is it any wonder his confidence is shattered playing behind that shambles? 

OTBC

Spot on Nav Man!! regarding Green.  Until he does command the 18 yard area he will never be of England quality IMHO.

Speed over the first 10 yards ought to be training objective. Waking up! to be the first priority when on the field of play.

There should be a set pre-match warm up routine to clear away the travel cobwebs that are for ever present in the team.

Worthy said in todays EDP that he sadly misses Boothroyd, I think that speaks volumes.

having not read today''s EDP in full yet, can anyone enlighten me exactly why boothroyd left, it is rumoured he and worthy didn''t see eye to eye tactically (no comment) and once an offer came in ......

if boothroyd had been given the second in command ahead of livermore or is it foley, then perhaps we would be watching a different game entirely

[quote]having not read today''s EDP in full yet, can anyone enlighten me exactly why boothroyd left, it is rumoured he and worthy didn''t see eye to eye tactically (no comment) and once an offer came in .........[/quote]

The version I heard is that Aidy went to Worthy on ideas on how the 1st team could improve which were not appreciated...