Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Ryan Bennett

For those that didn’t see the free kick that led to the goal. A Bristol City player was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick which would have been the end of the game. For no reason he tried a clever turn and gave the ball striaght to a Wolves player and pulled him down.

Great cross and good header, but if Bristol City miss promotion by a point they will look back on tonight and try and figure it just what the guy was thinking

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]For those that didn’t see the free kick that led to the goal. A Bristol City player was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick which would have been the end of the game. For no reason he tried a clever turn and gave the ball striaght to a Wolves player and pulled him down.

Great cross and good header, but if Bristol City miss promotion by a point they will look back on tonight and try and figure it just what the guy was thinking[/quote]It wasn''t just down to that as the Bristol keeper got himself sent off earlier for a professional foul when they were 1-0 up.

Delighted for the lad. I hated the way so many” expert” 🙄posters on here used to enjoy slagging him off when he played for us, he is showing his quality and I wish him well.

Today, 8:41 PM

DDD In The Fine City

“So much quality his manager didn''t choose to start him “

Yep just the 15 appearance for a side running away with the League this season, comes on today and scores a winning goal.

Are you one of the posters who kept slagging him off DDD,

I don’t recall that you were, but you may have been 😉

I hark back to the good old days when people were regularly extolling Bennetts defensive displays. Shame those days are over.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]For those that didn’t see the free kick that led to the goal. A Bristol City player was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick which would have been the end of the game. For no reason he tried a clever turn and gave the ball striaght to a Wolves player and pulled him down.

Great cross and good header, but if Bristol City miss promotion by a point they will look back on tonight and try and figure it just what the guy was thinking[/quote]It wasn''t just down to that as the Bristol keeper got himself sent off earlier for a professional foul when they were 1-0 up. [/quote]You do know that Wolves had a player sent off early in the first half so they also only had ten men ?

Herman wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 9:03 PM:

I hark back to the good old days when people were regularly extolling Bennetts defensive displays. Shame those days are over.

There were a small group on here who slagged him off nearly every game Herman insisting he was pretty much useless.

Very poor judges of a player.

Never really had a problem with him, has been playing as part of a back three this season due to injuries but think hes still their 4th choice centre half as he was here for us most of the time, not a bad player but think the mental side of the game lets him down (if you follow him on twitter you''ll know he''s not the sharpest tool in the box). Was nice to see him at the CSF quiz a few months back still supporting a good cause winning the bid for one of the auction prizes, good luck to the bloke but I''d be surprised if he gets much of a look in the premiership next season.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]He doesn’t play for Norwich anymore. Get over it[/quote]Yes I do know that and there is nothing for me to get over.It''s just nice to see that things are working out a bit better for him (and JR) since he left here.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 8:43 PM:

Good for him, but would we want him back?

The defensive options we have now look pretty good and collectively better than for quite some time.

As highlighted by our excellent league position....

[quote user="JF"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 30/12/2017 8:43 PM:

Good for him, but would we want him back?

The defensive options we have now look pretty good and collectively better than for quite some time.

As highlighted by our excellent league position....[/quote]

The reason we are where we are is the failure to score enough goals, not down to the defence.

We’ve conceded 30 goals in 25 matches so on that basis to get 3 points we are needing to score 2 goals per match. I’d say the problems run through the entire team myself

Make no mistake Ryan Bennett is not a very good player. The only reason he gets as many games as he does is that Wolves play with three centre backs. And he is fourth choice.

As for the goal, it was an excellent free kick and a well taken header from two feet!

Play him in a back four in the Premiership (as we did ) and see how good he is.

Yellow Wal wrote the following post at 31/12/2017 12:15 PM:

Make no mistake Ryan Bennett is not a very good player.

Oh yes he is 😂

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]For those that didn’t see the free kick that led to the goal. A Bristol City player was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick which would have been the end of the game. For no reason he tried a clever turn and gave the ball striaght to a Wolves player and pulled him down.

Great cross and good header, but if Bristol City miss promotion by a point they will look back on tonight and try and figure it just what the guy was thinking[/quote]It wasn''t just down to that as the Bristol keeper got himself sent off earlier for a professional foul when they were 1-0 up. [/quote]You do know that Wolves had a player sent off early in the first half so they also only had ten men ?[/quote]That''s correct, but the point I was making was that to potentially blame missing promotion on one incident when there were also other key incidents in this game, is a bit daft.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Make no mistake Ryan Bennett is not a very good player. The only reason he gets as many games as he does is that Wolves play with three centre backs. And he is fourth choice.

As for the goal, it was an excellent free kick and a well taken header from two feet!

Play him in a back four in the Premiership (as we did ) and see how good he is.[/quote]Agreed. I remember one incident in particular playing for us in the Prem when he virtually pulled a striker''s shirt off in the penalty area to concede a penalty.  He may though have learned a few lessons from that and other failings, so may improve.

Thing is, we purchased him as a prospect but he never really improved. He was and always will be am average championship CB.

That was confirmed when leaving us on a free, he could only get another championship club. Good for him that hes made a few appearances for Wolves. Unfortunately that does nothing to disprove he was a bit of a nothing defender.

By the way, im not saying we have significantly better than him now under our new wage structure although I dont think Zimmerman is much if at all worse than him and he was plucked from the 4th tier of German football.