Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

18k max season tickets next season

When I league 1 last time there was some sort of feel good factor,

The fans were in great spirits about a hour after relegation at Charlton.

Now everyone is bored can’t be bothered etc etc, If I can’t go to match I could not give my ticket away. It’s really sad

[quote user="simmo_2"]When I league 1 last time there was some sort of feel good factor,

Now everyone is bored can’t be bothered etc etc, If I can’t go to match I could not give my ticket away. It’s really sad[/quote]

Speak for yourself. I''m sure there are some that agree with you but that''s most definitely not my feeling.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"][quote user="simmo_2"]When I league 1 last time there was some sort of feel good factor,

Now everyone is bored can’t be bothered etc etc, If I can’t go to match I could not give my ticket away. It’s really sad[/quote]

Speak for yourself. I''m sure there are some that agree with you but that''s most definitely not my feeling.[/quote]

I will probably give the club my £1700 again next season but it’s all gone very sour, nobody seems to care anymore, structure is a joke.

Colney is the centre parcs for footballers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m up for renewing. But if I couldn''t be bothered I''d use my spends for something else.[/quote]

But you are overjoyed at the way the club is run and the way the team is playing so why would you not renew. All previous posts in last six month will show this.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Simmo, you will hand over approx £1700, to watch something you don''t like how it is run, and what you are watching? Wow.[/quote]For £1700 he could afford a high class Dominatrix to making him feel bad on a periodic basis.*

*Please don''t quote these figures, I''ve no idea if they are correct. [:D]

I think a lot will depend on the performance on the field in the next 6 to 8 weeks plus what happens in the Jan transfer market.

Add Poor results

Quality players leaving and no one coming in then it could be an exodus of fans not seen for 2 decades

PS

Added to the fact that the club are offering special prices for games now to try and fill the stadium

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Think you''ll probably be about right, we''ve only got about 20k now so only a drop of about 10%[/quote]

We''ve got 22k season ticket holders at the moment

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Think you''ll probably be about right, we''ve only got about 20k now so only a drop of about 10%[/quote]

We''ve got 22k season ticket holders at the moment[/quote]Source ?

[quote user="simmo_2"]When I league 1 last time there was some sort of feel good factor,

The fans were in great spirits about a hour after relegation at Charlton

Now everyone is bored can’t be bothered etc etc, If I can’t go to match I could not give my ticket away. It’s really sad[/quote]It''s not the way I remember it. I remember a lot of very vocal fans on here proclaiming loudly that they were not going to contribute the voluntary excess that that led to us being able to buy Grant Holt.

Renewing your season ticket is one thing but renewing with an added surcharge is an entirely different matter. However as you say it was voluntary.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Renewing your season ticket is one thing but renewing with an added surcharge is an entirely different matter. However as you say it was voluntary.[/quote]I can''t remember the exact details, but wasn''t it that the club said that the tickets would be discounted if we were relegated, but after we were asked fans to forgo the discount on a voluntary basis. Bowkett said that he would match the funding raised and use it in player purchases - which paid for Grant Holt

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Renewing your season ticket is one thing but renewing with an added surcharge is an entirely different matter. However as you say it was voluntary.[/quote]I can''t remember the exact details, but wasn''t it that the club said that the tickets would be discounted if we were relegated, but after we were asked fans to forgo the discount on a voluntary basis. Bowkett said that he would match the funding raised and use it in player purchases - which paid for Grant Holt[/quote]It was Michael Foulger who promised to match the sum pound for pound.

I’d love somebody to really look into the season ticket prices.

After all, 8th most expensive lowest priced season ticket sounds extortionate if you consider we’re about the 30th-40th best side in the country.

However, if we offered 10,000 tickets at the cheapest available price (I’ve no idea btw) and some other teams offer a couple of hundred at the cheapest price due to restricted view or whatever then it shines things in a different light somewhat.

Essentially, just ringing round 92 clubs and asking “how much is your cheapest season ticket?” is never going to give a balanced reflection of the actual likely cost of following your team. I expect Man U and Newcastle fans pay less to sit a mile from the pitch in the “Gods” whereas Man City could and probably do charge lower prices because they can’t fill their ground and have zero reliance on Tickets as an income stream.