Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Want to make a difference to your club ?

In 2013 Heart of Midlothian FC founded in 1874 nearly went out of business owing to a maniac foreign owner. With the club on the verge of extinction a local business woman and lifelong supporter stepped in, and vowed to save the club if fans would do their bit (heard similar before) this woman Ann Budge, has said she would redevelop the stadium, get the club back on a sound financial footing and sell the club to have fan ownership,

True to her word, the club has turned its financial status around, built a new £15m stand, attained top status for their academy, The fans have been equally impressive, almost 10,000 have signed to make a monthly donation of £125,000 to the club, with 14,000 season ticket holders thats impressive? They have around 8,000 making monthly donations of between £10 and £20, The Foundation of hearts will have majority shareholding by 2020 and 3 representatives on the board. This in a country where football is at an all time financial meltdown.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/it-all-adds-up-for-hearts-as-fans-deliver-125-000-every-month-pk05ndv58

Appreciate if someone could do a clicky, on this?.

Could you see Norwich fans joining such a scheme ? if so how many would be prepared to make such a commitment. Thoughts?

With our tickets being so expensive?!!!?

Doubt it.

Furthermore, how would we ever acquire a majority holding when the current majority shareholders are point blank opposed to selling?

Furtherfurthermore, even if we acquired a majority shareholding we’d still be poorer than we are now. How will that help?

Furtherfurtherfurthermore, how will you decide which fans go on the board? I know a LOT of Norwich fans and I wouldn’t trust half of them to tie their own shoelaces or cross a busy road let alone influence the direction of a football club.

However, there would be interest in this. Plenty of folk that won’t pay for a cup ticket or an academy supplement or even renew their season tickets would be more than happy to chuck into a movement like this. I can think of about a dozen off the top of my head.

Thanks LDC

Duncan, i think you can say the same about most fans of most clubs ? my brother has a couple of pubs next to the Hearts ground, and talking to him when this started i never thought they would get any more than just a hard core, never underestimate the power of fans if they feel the message is the right one, it seems?.