Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

OK then?

I''m still on Worthy''s side, (just).  The next 2 games will make my mind up, for me it''s a 4 point minimum & I suspect the board will take 3 points.  If Worthy does go, who should we get in to replace him, one name for me is Dario Gradi of Crewe, he would get the team playing attractive football and how to get the best out of Deano, etc.

ill put another name in the mix Phil Parkinson the Colchester manager he regularly produces the goods with a shoestring budget and they actually play decent football .OTBC

weston, i would love dario to come here but in reallity can''t see it happening, he is obviously very happy at crewe and bigger clubs than us must have tried to persuade him to leave in his time there

sadly no name springs to mind, i know this is going to hurt a few but i would have liked burley - but he is not going to leave hearts.  I would suggest the board will (when they see no alternative) at a manager in the 2 divisions below us who is getting results but playing football in the norwich way

sadly, if worthy does go i suspect either livermore or foley will get the dreaded caretaker post, this would not be moving on (nor would appointing keith webb).  The only candidate at FCR at present would be Dave Williams and it is rumoured he is not interested in taking on a managerial role

So at present i think the board are trusting our ''luck'' turns so they don''t have any hard decisions to make, thing is, in my mind anyway, a few wins here and there are merely papering over the cracks and in the long term (even if it is five or more years till we can mount a sustained and credible title challenge) interests of the club i think, finally it is time to make a change

Dario Grady would be stupid to leave Crewe he almost has a job for life there he is a legend everybody worships him.

Why give that up for grief like Worthy gets.

How about Mike Phelan? Assistant at Man Utd, would have learnt a lot from Sir Alex and Steve Mclaren. May still have links with Norfolk from his time here, and may fancy a new challenge.

Mike Phelan as manager and promote Dave Williams to 1st team coach could be the ultimate dream team?

last night (when he subbed shackell) i finally agreed that Worthy out was probably the best way to go. Next day i disagree once more. Two main reasons:

1. There is probably no better managers who would come to us
2. I have to give him credit for coming out publically and slating the players as i think it will kick them into gear.

Let me just clear up. I do currently think Worthy is out of his depth, makes terrible decisions and all the rest of it. But i do not think sacking him wil help at the moment unless we did actually find someone better