Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Any one actually take notice of the bigger picture?

Jim Smith wrote the following post at 31/12/2017 3:56 PM:

Why is the Millwall game “more important” than the Burton game? Why not try and win at Burton and take players off if ahead?

I agree we can still make the top 6 and should be doing all we can to do so.

This “transition” stuff is utter nonsense unless it means transitioning to being sh*t. It does not excuse poor short term performance nor the current attitude Ami gay many fans thatvtjis season doesn’t really matter unless we go down because we are building towards some halcyon new dawn. This attitude is hurting the club and is exactly what Balls and Webber and co are relying on. We are cutting costs and down sizing to keep our current owners at the helm, it should not be dressed up as some kind of cutting edge strategy for future success.

We’ve no chance of making the top 6 and clearly the transition is to us being a struggling championship team. I also think that attitude is the same amongst straight fans as well as gay ones!! Lol

Where did I say I''m eagerly wait for the club to go into administration? I think you''ll find I said the "sooner the club goes into administration the better" and I stick by it. With Delia in charge it is going to happen wether you like it or not, she is out of her depth financially already and finances of running a football club aren''t going to get cheaper, she will not sell so the sooner it happens the better state the club will be left in for whoever will come and take over, but don''t let the truth stop you being a little biatch.

As for looking forward to her sign being pulled down? 100% can''t wait, because that means she''ll be gone, now get back in your hole.

We are cutting costs and down sizing to keep our current owners at the helm, it should not be dressed up as some kind of cutting edge strategy for future success.

On a more serious point though this is exactly what is happening and hopefully the fans that turned on them last game won’t just give up and keep the pressure on them

I like Brentford’s Strategy.

Get rid of the academy and invest in a fantastic scouting network.

Then get in a decent coach who knows how to coach the players available to him.

Sod all this Farke is good at developing young players nonsense, that shouldn’t be an attribute required. We need someone who can get the most out of players available, which Farke can’t.

Webber and Farke seem to have some pipe dream of bringing a core of developed youngsters from the academy and play them for the first team in some innovative footballing style full of pressing and pace. AKA Dortmund style.

It just isn’t going to happen.

[quote user="JF"]We are cutting costs and down sizing to keep our current owners at the helm, it should not be dressed up as some kind of cutting edge strategy for future success.

On a more serious point though this is exactly what is happening and hopefully the fans that turned on them last game won’t just give up and keep the pressure on them[/quote]

Nope - we are cutting costs to make sure our outgoings are commensurate with our income. Don''t overlook the fact that this is important if we are ever going to attract investors regardless of Delia. No one is going to invest in a business losing £24m a year without being mad.

I agree with the other points about a manager should be able to get the best from the players available but we do also have to look a little past the short-term here. Brentford''s model is great but we do have a) more resources than them from our fan base b) a larger catchment area with less competition from the surrounding clubs and c) hopefully.... the same type of scouting network being out in to place. You do have to remember that Webbers recruitment team arrived after the summer, im expecting a degree of progress on this window and next summer.

For now I retain faith in the model as I don''t see a clear alternative in our current situation. There is a lot of negativity on here but very few people offering an alternative solution given the constraints other than get Delia out and find a billionaire. Are there any sensible alternatives being offered up.

For the record my one would be take on someone like the manager at Luton or the guys at Lincoln and show some patience but that is also risky and we would potentially lose the intelligence we now have of European markets

So, looking at the ''bigger picture'' means it''s all about the Millwall game? Wow, that''s a real long term vision Lakey!

[quote user="STFU"]So, looking at the ''bigger picture'' means it''s all about the Millwall game? Wow, that''s a real long term vision Lakey![/quote]No, of course not, but looking after the key players in this fixture overloaded two weeks is paramount to our longer term success. Get through the Millwall game, hopefully with a victory and we are in a better place to approach the rest of the season with a fit and fresh squad.

Of course we are transitioning!

We built a squad up with Prem money and that is now fading and practically gone. We have to reshake our squad to make it affordable ... just like QPR, Cardiff, Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn etc etc have been forced to do (and some of them have wealthy owners!).

Just because we were in the Premiership recently doesn''t mean that we should be knocking on its door every single season ... at what other club is that the reality? That''s not how the Championship works and fewer people should know that from experience than Norwich City supporters!!!

Be patient and support the rebuild.

High earners and golden assets to be sold over the next 3 windows I think ... their replacements will be the key - as will Farke''s ability to gel a new squad and gain experience himself.

Millwall know exactly how to beat us and won''t be taking any prisoners. Maddison and Pritchard will need to double up on the shin pads.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jim Smith"]Among many not am I gay![/quote]Don''t worry Jim your secret''s safe with us but can I ask if English is your second language ? [:D][/quote]Sorry Jim, I meant to quote your first post.Predictive text, eh ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jim Smith"]Among many not am I gay![/quote]Don''t worry Jim your secret''s safe with us but can I ask if English is your second language ? [:D][/quote]Sorry Jim, I meant to quote your first post.Predictive text, eh ? [/quote]

Indeed!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Where did I say I''m eagerly wait for the club to go into administration? I think you''ll find I said the "sooner the club goes into administration the better" and I stick by it. [/quote]If it happens, which I doubt, you will no doubt be celebrating and joined by thousands of Ipswich fans as well. To wish for your club to go into administration marks you out as a "special" type of fan - do you think that there are many who share your opinion?

I personally could quite easily accept this season of transition if it wasn''t for the stark change in circumstances looming later this year.

In an attempt to cheer everyone up, here is the league table from 8th March 1981. We were 13th, 9 points off 6th. 14 games to go (out of 42). Note the games in hand of some of the clubs around us, too. The distribution of points is similar to this season, although 6th place this season is likely to be 1 or 2 points higher over the whole season (projection based on 46 games 73-74 back in 1982 versus 75-76 for the present season), and 3rd place, where we eventually ended up after gaining 34 points from the last 14, was still way off 2nd.

I''m not saying we''ll go on an amazing run in the second half of this season, but there are a few things that make me feel optimistic that we''ll make up some ground in the table. Farke, webber and squad have had time to settle, injured players returning, and teams like Leeds, Boro, Sheff U all being quite inconsistent, and Derby just a bit lucky. Whoever gets into the lower reaches of the play-offs will undoubtedly have had plenty of disappointing spells during the season.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/norwich-city/tab/leagueTables/08-march-1982/

I''m aware that there were many seasons between 1995 - 2009, when we were also low-mid table and never challenged for the play-offs, but their existence always gives (invariably false) hope to teams in the middle, up until early March at least. In this window, I would love to see a loan in of a defensive midfielder, box to box mf, and a replacement for Jerome if he leaves. I won''t be as dogmatic as Ricardo, but I''ll be surprised if we finished lower than we are now, despite the performances on Saturday and against Brentford.

On an aside, really disappointed in Husband on Saturday. I know he''s a left back, but after taking a touch, after his run into the area, he should have been looking to bring the ball onto his right and shoot. Lacked confidence to instinctively take it on his right. A right-footed player would have been looking to shoot across goal / bend inside far post. Will be watching how he plays with his right from now on.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/norwich-city/tab/leagueTables/08-march-1982/