Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Any one actually take notice of the bigger picture?

1. If you are on your notice period before joining a new company, do you work as hard as you ever have?

2. If your Company is laying off staff around you, do motivation levels and atmosphere at work improve or decline?

3. Given 2, does Company performance improve or decline? Might erraticism become normal?

4. Given 2 and 3, do good staff from other Companies want to join you? What kind of person might join you?

5. Might you think about leaving?

Parma

[quote user="hogesar"]Will people give the top 6 stuff a rest, its gone.

Like I said elsewhere, the point is a poor result but if we win on Monday itll be slightly vindicated. If we dont, then...[/quote]Good grief, where is the ambition in some of you??  I know it''s unlikely, but teams have done it from a low position in the league at this time of year and we are not that low in the table that a challenge cannot be made to the top six by the end of the season. It seems a way off at the moment, but two away games, two clean sheets is something to build on.  Win on Monday and we will be unbeaten in three and built up some momentum. Monday is a big game.....but then they all are.

Good grief, where is the ambition in some of you?? I know it''s unlikely, but teams have done it from a low position in the league at this time of year and we are not that low in the table that a challenge cannot be made to the top six by the end of the season. It seems a way off at the moment, but two away games, two clean sheets is something to build on. Win on Monday and we will be unbeaten in three and built up some momentum. Monday is a big game.....but then they all are.

What the fuck has the fans ambitions got to do with anything?? The only people whose ambitions have any relevance for the direction of the club is the owners and board. And they have made their hand quite clear on that front

How about this for a conspiracy theory?

There is no "bigger picture". Fielding a B-team at Burton, thus allowing a fit and fresh A-team to be fielded next game, is all about reputational damage limitation at home. Short term-ism at its finest!

Win the home game, there will be no booing or anti-board chants. Lose or draw the home game (no matter what the Burton result was) then the atmosphere at the end of the game would be ugly.

The club doesn''t want that and hatches cunning plan to keep the masses happy.....for just a little bit longer.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]How about this for a conspiracy theory?

There is no "bigger picture". Fielding a B-team at Burton, thus allowing a fit and fresh A-team to be fielded next game, is all about reputational damage limitation at home. Short term-ism at its finest!

Win the home game, there will be no booing or anti-board chants. Lose or draw the home game (no matter what the Burton result was) then the atmosphere at the end of the game would be ugly.

The club doesn''t want that and hatches cunning plan to keep the masses happy.....for just a little bit longer.[/quote]Just for the record Scot - do you also, like DDD eagerly await the time when we go into administration.

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]How about this for a conspiracy theory?

The club doesn''t want that and hatches cunning plan to keep the masses happy.....for just a little bit longer.[/quote]Just for the record Scot - do you also, like DDD eagerly await the time when we go into administration. [/quote]

Absolutely not, hence I started the post with a cheeky question. There is so much garbage posted on this forum that I thought I would add my own!

I was surprised at yesterday’s line up which seemed almost like an over reaction to the heavy Christmas fixture list. Our recent run of bad form followed a great performance in the League Cup at Arsenal where we played for 120 minutes mid week. After that things went badly and I just wonder whether that had some effect on Farke’s thinking?

I was also somewhat chilled by Parma’s observation that this is what the team looks like without out most saleable players. I was hoping for a few quality additions in this window to complement the talent that we already have. I’m hoping that isn’t unrealistic, but I’m beginning to think I’d be quite happy just keeping what we’ve got!

Teams that only score an average of 1 goal per game after 25 games are unlikely to get into the Top 6.Teams that have only won 3 home games out of 12 are unlikely to get into the Top 6.Teams that do not have at least one striker who, in January is on course to score 20 goals in a season, are unlikely to get into the Top 6.Teams with a negative goal difference in January are unlikely to get into the Top 6.Miracles can happen but they won''t.

I don''t think I fall under the category of happy clapper but I''ll let others decide.

My take on the current situation is as follows:

1. I think the board are a well intentioned but have made numerous mistakes. They did try and show ambition to stay in the premier league (Jan spending spree) but hindsight shows now that no signings in that summer and people like Jarvis/Naismith in January were failures. Sticking with the same core of the squad last year didn''t work (as it did the previous time) and personally I was thankful that they decided the structure was wrong and bought in a DoF to run the football side. The one area I do disagree with is not looking for external investment but you do need to be careful what you wish for.

2. Choice of manager is down to Stuart Webber. I would like to think this was done in line with a strategy to make us a competitive self sustainable club in the absence of investment. This has to be a really hard job for anyone right now, although ibjave to say the style of football is currently disappointing. My belief is that Farke has been bought in off the back of his ability to develop top class young players as the bare truth is that we have to produce some assets to keep the club sustainable in the short-medium term. The turnover of players was always going g to be hard to manage and whilst I thought we would be doing slightly better than we are, I always believed we would get better as the season went on. January was always likely to be interesting - we have to reduce the wage bill so getting rid of high wage earners is imperative as well as removing aged playing assets.

3. The fanbase view is also interesting. We have been somewhat spoilt for a period of time now and we are currently not competing in the championship. However further analysis shows that there are 7 billionaire owners in the league and others with several hundred million, we are trying to compete against much bigger fish and in the absence of investment/change of ownership we will have to take time to develop a side to compete. Patience is a difficult thing in football, look at Lee Johnson at Bristol city, flying now but fans clambouring for his dismissal last year. I think unless we are grninely int he mi for going down by the end of Feb, we should stick with Farke and let him build his team and vision. Fans will have to be patient, I''m not certain who else they think will want to jump into a club that will have to drastically reduce costs to survive.

Let''s hope 2018 see an upturn in performance and unearth some messi like youth players! Up the city

Happy new year to all

There is the same three points available for winning against Burton as for winning against Millwall, and on balance I would have thought beating Burton should have been slghtly easier than beating Millwall. So he should have gone for the easier win.

When we played Arsenal in the Carabao Cup we also were in a fixture congestion and yet with no points at stake Farke went with a strong squad and tried to win the game. At that time Farke was not talking about the need to rest players for the league. He gambled that time and lost.

In Sun Tze''s The Art of War, he says you choose your battles when you know you can win. That should have been a strong attacking team against a Burton going through a rough patch, and a resilient team against Millwall. So poor decision-making from Mr. Farke.

Making Plans.

Not just unlikely,

impossible.

Our final position will be below where we are now.

I agree with all of that Big O.

We are currently wading through the inevitable pains of being a club minus a big investor having failed to bounce back to the big time.

We are readjusting to a new reality that many many other clubs (some bigger ... some smaller) have also had to ride out.

Enjoy being part of the transition and rebuild I say. We''ve been here before ... it''s part of being a Norwich fan.

I have faith in Farke but even more on Webber.

OTBC

Well we''ll find out tomorrow whether this cunning plan has worked or not. In my eyes, whatever the result is tomorow, Farke has let everyone down with that team selection.

After the run we''ve been on, 3 wins over the 4 festive matches was the bare minimum and now that is not possible. It looked possible after a decent result at Brum however, I suspect all positivity and momentum gained from that has now disappeared thanks to yesterday''s ingenious stroke of management.

A win against Millwall is still only 7 points from what, on paper, should be 4 winnable matches. Defeat tomorrow will yield an awful 4 points.

Burton were there for the taking yesterday and in my opinion, we would have beaten them with most of the players who played against Brum. Even making the subs earlier yesterday may have paid dividends but it was just poor management from start to finish.

[quote user="ricardo"]Making Plans.

Not just unlikely,

impossible.

Our final position will be below where we are now.[/quote]I was being generous - I initially typed "do not" instead of "unlikely"

[quote user="Clint"]Well we''ll find out tomorrow whether this cunning plan has worked or not. In my eyes, whatever the result is tomorow, Farke has let everyone down with that team selection.

After the run we''ve been on, 3 wins over the 4 festive matches was the bare minimum and now that is not possible. It looked possible after a decent result at Brum however, I suspect all positivity and momentum gained from that has now disappeared thanks to yesterday''s ingenious stroke of management.

A win against Millwall is still only 7 points from what, on paper, should be 4 winnable matches. Defeat tomorrow will yield an awful 4 points.

Burton were there for the taking yesterday and in my opinion, we would have beaten them with most of the players who played against Brum. Even making the subs earlier yesterday may have paid dividends but it was just poor management from start to finish.[/quote]

The ''cunning plan'' has already failed.....we didn''t beat a team who had lost their previous EIGHT home games

[quote user="City 2nd"]You are not looking at the bigger picture CW, you want instant success, like many on here who decry the coaches tactics or lack of them.

Yes we have fallen, but is that the fault of Farke? Is it the fault of Webber? Is it the fault of Smith? [/quote]
Instant success? No. Some kind of measurable improvement that we are told is consistent with sticking with the same owners who care for the club? Yes.
Without outside investment we''re just going to slip lower and lower.

The bigger picture is that our fanbase (and owned) is full of happy clappers that have no ambition for us to be anything other than a middling Championship team. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anyone who thinks the players ''need a rest'' because of the number of games should have a look at an NBA or NHL fixture list..

Way to much emphasis in this topic about Burton''s previous stats, but i understand that of course, after all its part of the "Along Came Norwich" syndrome, which even Paddy Davitt succumbed to. And yay would you believe it, we have another for Monday, Millwall''s current away record stands at played 12, w0, d6, l6.But i fully agree with Lakey, in fact i was not even surprised at the team selection put out, given that DF  had more than dropped enough hints that he would make changes at the pre match presser. Absolute fact that Tettey, Lewis, Pritch, Trybull etc had been out injured for months, is a squad game and to pitch them into 3 games in 6 days would have been nuts. As for Burton away is easier than Millwall at home, who says?Any league table during the course of a season is only as good as the next set of fixtures of course, the only finality being when all have played 46. But as it stands the away point at Burton moved us up 2 places to 13th, the home point for them dropped them 2 places to 23rd.As for lack of club ambition, that is a mantra thats absurd. Neil failed to get us up last season, relying on a worn out old, aged defence and a mix of to many bought high wage earners that never  made the grade and selling decent existing players to keep the club on even keel. The club faced reality of what had to be done for the immediate future of NCFC, not for any other club and at same time plumped for a complete new set up and style that had never been tried at this club before. To do both things together was hugely ambitious in my eyes.The city squad got us an away point on Saturday, yes playing dire stuff indeed. But if you fans who think we are not being competitive in this division want to support a club who are, go try the other ex Prem teams such as Reading, Hull, Sunderland, QPR and others who currently sit proudly below us in the table.

GJL its failed in my opinion as well. Many will argue otherwise but as my post eludes to, we should''ve and could''ve beaten Burton quite confortably with the correct team selection and in game management.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The bigger picture is that our fanbase (and owned) is full of happy clappers that have no ambition for us to be anything other than a middling Championship team. Should be ashamed of yourselves.[/quote]And what are you Nappy Crappers doing - apart from wailing and whining and whingeing and whimpering on here? [:S]Should be ashamed of yourselves. [8o|]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The bigger picture is that our fanbase (and owned) is full of happy clappers that have no ambition for us to be anything other than a middling Championship team. Should be ashamed of yourselves.[/quote]Whereas the Father Christmas lobby are openly hoping for the club to go into administration!It''s a strange world you inhabit when you think fans who accept that instant promotion is not an absolute right should be ashamed of themselves, but those who openly proclaim their desire for the club to go into administration should be admired. Says it all really. [:^)]

[quote user="Essjayess"]Way to much emphasis in this topic about Burton''s previous stats, but i understand that of course, after all its part of the "Along Came Norwich" syndrome, which even Paddy Davitt succumbed to. And yay would you believe it, we have another for Monday, Millwall''s current away record stands at played 12, w0, d6, l6.But i fully agree with Lakey, in fact i was not even surprised at the team selection put out, given that DF  had more than dropped enough hints that he would make changes at the pre match presser. Absolute fact that Tettey, Lewis, Pritch, Trybull etc had been out injured for months, is a squad game and to pitch them into 3 games in 6 days would have been nuts. As for Burton away is easier than Millwall at home, who says?Any league table during the course of a season is only as good as the next set of fixtures of course, the only finality being when all have played 46. But as it stands the away point at Burton moved us up 2 places to 13th, the home point for them dropped them 2 places to 23rd.As for lack of club ambition, that is a mantra thats absurd. Neil failed to get us up last season, relying on a worn out old, aged defence and a mix of to many bought high wage earners that never  made the grade and selling decent existing players to keep the club on even keel. The club faced reality of what had to be done for the immediate future of NCFC, not for any other club and at same time plumped for a complete new set up and style that had never been tried at this club before. To do both things together was hugely ambitious in my eyes.The city squad got us an away point on Saturday, yes playing dire stuff indeed. But if you fans who think we are not being competitive in this division want to support a club who are, go try the other ex Prem teams such as Reading, Hull, Sunderland, QPR and others who currently sit proudly below us in the table.[/quote]

^^ this ^^

get over it Badger, someone has a different opinion to your happy clappy Delia and little old Norwich self, all this getting worked up won''t be good for your health, although I''m sure your family wouldn''t mind the life insurance money instead

I''m fine DDD. You and your ilk are the ones who are getting worked up, every time we don''t win a game and threaten to scream and scream and scream until you''re sick. I just wonder how someone who is actually eagerly awaiting the club going into administration could be classed as a fan? [:-*]

Why is the Millwall game “more important” than the Burton game? Why not try and win at Burton and take players off if ahead?

I agree we can still make the top 6 and should be doing all we can to do so.

This “transition” stuff is utter nonsense unless it means transitioning to being sh*t. It does not excuse poor short term performance nor the current attitude Ami gay many fans thatvtjis season doesn’t really matter unless we go down because we are building towards some halcyon new dawn. This attitude is hurting the club and is exactly what Balls and Webber and co are relying on. We are cutting costs and down sizing to keep our current owners at the helm, it should not be dressed up as some kind of cutting edge strategy for future success.