Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Jerome

Why do I feel we shall sell cam for peanuts then watch him score for fun at a club that plays to his strengths. We won’t buy anyone of his quality for some time so why get rid?

Can see us cashing in and yes he will still score plenty in the right set up. Been great for us and I will be sad to see him go.

He’ll always be in our history - first Norwich City player to score at Wembley for Norwich.

I enjoyed that - although it seems a long time ago now. Someone I would be sad to see leave. Always works hard, and encourages the younger players.

No herman - quite the opposite. You might enjoy clapping away as our club nosedives and misery becomes guaranteed- I happen to prefer challenging poor leadership and decisions. Like selling our hardest working striker who has always scored at this level when played in a system that suits him. Not least when we are struggling to create anything under current tactics

Saw earlier that there may be 3 or 4 Champs clubs interested.

A bidding war for Cameron Jerome - who would have thought that?

Guess we will see if he is the match day squad today

Oliveira to Wolves seems to be the most obvious transfer. The whole club is set up perfectly for Oliveira to walk straight into it it seems

The only plus side is we could really push them for a high transfer fee

Yep, i''m sure his recent displays of petulance and selfishness have seen his value skyrocket to around, or just a little less, than we paid for him.

Can see either of Oliveria or Jerome leaving but not both. Would have thought Oliveria was more likely with the Jorge Mendes Wolves connection.

Puzzling as to why Wolves, who have spent fairly big would see Oliveira as worth a bundle when they are doing OK without him.

I much prefer Jerome''s attitude but realise he has missed a few this season and his confidence may be too low for him to be effective on his own.

But it appears DF isn''t likely to change the system to give him any help.

Yes, I can live with that. Sell them both and get two new strikers who are better suited to the way we now play.

Get shot of Naismith, Watkins and Wildschut as well and I will be a happy bunny.

To be fair, with his lack of game time here recently, if someone came knocking I wouldn''t be surprised if Cam wanted to leave. Massively underappreciated here most of the time. He also doesn''t really fit into Farkes system or style of play

[quote user="AJ"]To be fair, with his lack of game time here recently, if someone came knocking I wouldn''t be surprised if Cam wanted to leave. Massively underappreciated here most of the time. He also doesn''t really fit into Farkes system or style of play[/quote]He has not had game time as he was injured, and that''s one reason why we had a poor run, as we had no effective target man, and Oliveira had too much game time IMO.  Jerome is worth keeping but no doubt we are selling as we are desperate for money.

The strikers area worries me the most.

I think selling Olivera, if we get £10m+ is great business and in Isolation getting £1.5-£2m for a 31 year old in Jerome on premier wages (guessing £30k +) is also sensible business given our current financial predicament. However, selling both at the same time is a huge risk and places massive pressure on the right recruitment.

In an ideal world I would sell Olivera buy a replacement for half the income and have the insurance policy of Jerome until the incoming striker has proven themselves.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Yes, I can live with that. Sell them both and get two new strikers who are better suited to the way we now play.

Get shot of Naismith, Watkins and Wildschut as well and I will be a happy bunny.[/quote]

I agree completely although I cannot see anyone coming in for Watkins or Wildschut. Oliveira clearly think he is better than he actually is and Jerome just needs too many chances to score. I would not be upset if we gave the u-23 strikers a chance.