Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread v Millwall

And thank the Holy Ghost. Well done City, good comeback. A nice easy win wouldn''t go amiss though[:D]

And just like that, most of the negative nonces disappear!

Well done City. Solid second half we near dominated and fully deserved in the end.

Give Trybull a 5 year contract. Right now. Not tomorrow, this evening,

Thank God for that.  Not a good first half from what I gather, but a

much improved second.  I hope we have Maddison for the rest of the

season, I would fear for us without him, amongst others.  OTBC.

We need more performances like that second half in the next few difficult matches. Good test today after Burton but Milwall were quite average. Not sure this is a turning point but the form table looks better over last 5.

They do though. There''s a lot who don''t care about Norwich, just their own over inflated egoistic opinions.

They''d rather be right than see Norwich win.

[quote user="lharman7"]And just like that, most of the negative nonces disappear!

Well done City. Solid second half we near dominated and fully deserved in the end.[/quote]
So what do we do when Maddison is sold to balance the books?

Like the avatar Ron. One of my favourite series.

Agree about the better watch today. We deserved that win. No question. Hopefully a quieter night and less moans await on the forum. A win always makes an evening feel good for me.

king canary wrote the following post at 02/01/2018 12:01 AM:

"and just like that, most of the negative nonces disappear! "

You can *** right off.

Well that hook wasn''t in for long. You must be totally livid we won king canary. No stick for you tonight!

Canary Wundaboy wrote the following post at 02/01/2018 12:06 AM:

lharman7 wrote:

And just like that, most of the negative nonces disappear! Well done City. Solid second half we near dominated and fully deserved in the end.

So what do we do when Maddison is sold to balance the books?

Put that dusty crystal ball back under your bed. Hasn''t happened yet and I suppose we do what we always do, cross that bridge when we come to it.

Phew.

Similar to Sheffield Wednesday in that we came out with purpose and the whole team looked better going forward. Players were making runs and chasing things down.

Why don’t we actually start games like that instead of with the same dross that has plagued our season?

It''s more the calling people nonces oddly enough...

Also if you''re first reaction after a win is looking for ''bites'' off other fans it suggests the problem might be with you.

Think people need to be patient. Mid table is about right this season. Give Farke some time. No point changing it at this point. Give it till the end of the season and judge from there. We''re not going to get play offs, so fans need to get it out their mindset. Let''s just get some stability and push on next season! Hopefully get rid of the deadwood in summer and bring in some more exciting talent as well.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Phew.

Similar to Sheffield Wednesday in that we came out with purpose and the whole team looked better going forward. Players were making runs and chasing things down.

Why don’t we actually start games like that instead of with the same dross that has plagued our season?[/quote]The real catalyst was Trybull, not his goal so much as his attitude, and particularly his determination to get to the ball first (which Millwall were making sure they did throughout the first half). That''s all that''s needed to effect the transformation of your so-called "dross" (not actually dross at all) into winning football. Shows that, contrary to what seems to be the orthodoxy on here, there is progress.

Much in the same way as some people don''t bother when we win, where are some people when the going is turgid?

I do like listening to Greg Downs as he tells it as a spectator would.

There were several glaring strategic errors today that maybe a British coach would have put right.

Like for instance putting Hanley man for man on Morrison. Like Downs said, he can''t be you for speed but can murder you in the air. But we stuck with our zonal marking so poor old Lewis had no chance in the air when Morrison played on him.

And when the equaliser went in and Millwall were on the ropes a bit, there was no going for the jugular. Just hoping a second goal would go in.

And the negative substitutions were appalling in the circumstances of the match.

I am sorry but how anybody can say that was a good match has me confounded. We were better than against Burton but we did have a better line up. And we have two Prem class midfield players in Maddison and Pritchard.

But we have a poor striker who unfortunately has to wait until the two players making the plays can get up to support him.

Transition maybe but surely there are times when Plan A or long term tactics get overlooked for the sake of the game you are playing at the time.

And if someone puts that word n--ce on again when they must be as thick as two planks to use it, I will scream.

I must say I enjoy getting back from a win at Carrow Road and reading through these match threads. Lincoln in particular is really good comedic value. Expert opinion proven wrong time and time again.

For the record, first 25 minutes first half we were actually good and created 3 good chances. Oliviera was awful. To win when your only striker is offering literally nothing is a good sign, but we need him or Jerome to either find form or a replacement.

Good result but the fact that we''ve only taken 7 points out of 12 against 4 very average teams doesn''t really change things that much.Still tough times ahead

[quote user="king canary"]It''s more the calling people nonces oddly enough...

Also if you''re first reaction after a win is looking for ''bites'' off other fans it suggests the problem might be with you.[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself! [Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Someone''s coming in with crazy money soon for Maddison [;)][/quote]As long as we get £15-20 Million for him. I think we all knew he''d be sold to a Premiership club one day, it was just a case of when. Spurs would be my guess.

Someone''s coming in with crazy money soon for Maddison

People going on about Lewis only still 19 (just) but Maddison is just 21 and bosses the game.

He could be really tidy in the Prem with the right team (Spurs?) and right manager.

Everton, if they sell Barkley, I would imagine, although could see him under Pochettino at Spurs (although they would probably sign Barkley)