Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Vrancic

Also interesting that, baring in mind im a massive Wes fan, theres no thread about him. He spent a lot of time in the CAM role whereas Vrancic was shifted from the right to the left etc, im not sure Wes done anymore than Vrancic.

Its a real shame our fans have to find someone to target but its been the case ever since ive supported the club and I assume it happens at other clubs.

Wes seems off the pace these days unfortunately.

The thing with Vrancic is we''ve seen, time and time again, that him in the attacking midfield 3 just doesn''t work. So to see us go back to it again is hugely frustrating.

Interesting to see the highlights & it was a combination of Wes & Vrancic who put Husband through when he dived.

My view of him yesterday was whilst Zimmerman, Hanley & the T& T in midfield were our best players, Vrancic was probably next. Trouble is as usual with City fans people have made up their minds & nothing is change it

[quote user="hogesar"]Also interesting that, baring in mind im a massive Wes fan, theres no thread about him. He spent a lot of time in the CAM role whereas Vrancic was shifted from the right to the left etc, im not sure Wes done anymore than Vrancic.

Its a real shame our fans have to find someone to target but its been the case ever since ive supported the club and I assume it happens at other clubs.[/quote]
Wes was shyte too, but at least he has contributed something to the club in his time here. Vrancic has looked utterly inept in almost every game. 
Wes was atrocious, but that doesn''t mean Vrancic wasn''t.
No-one covered themselves in glory yesterday, and I was baffled to hear Canarycall talking about Hanley having a decent game - consistently played us into trouble with his powder puff defensive "clearance" headers which went about 2 yards or less, usually to a Burton player''s feet.
The only players who had a decent game in my book were Zimmerman, Gunn and Tettey. The rest were all crap.
Say what you like about Vrancic being in the top 4 or 5 players yesterday, but if my cat had replaced him in the starting lineup then my cat would probably have been one of the best 4 or 5 players.
I''m not saying he was any worse than the majority of others, Watkins was particularly atrocious, as was Husband and the rest.

Dont disagree with the majority of your post KIO but to say Vrancic has looked utterly inept in almost every game simply isnt true.

[quote user="hogesar"]Didnt think Vrancic was anything special but the fact he was probably in our top 4 or 5 players yesterday (and im sure the stats will back that up without looking) yet all the attention is on him kind of signals he is going to forever be a scapegoat for some.

KIO, the fact fans around you were criticisng Vrancic means nothing. When Vrancic had a good game against Wednesday fans all around me were talking about how poor he was. Football blind.[/quote]

He didn’t have a good game against Wednesday.

He was about 6/10, which is about what you would expect.

About 75% of matches he plays he performs at 5/10 or worse.

Have you ever played football in your life hogesar because you come out with some really weird stuff on here or are you just a wind up merchant?

Exactly!

Anyone that''s play 11 a side football and/or have watched professional football in England over a length of time will know why Vrancic rightfully gets a negative response from most fans who''ve watched him this season for Norwich!

Not quick enough mind or body, not physical enough and his main attributes of passing are used to go mainly sideways or backwards. He''s not going to be effective enough in this Division!

Hoolahan like the team in general yesterday wasn''t very good but we did see glimpse of his ability which is still there but is criminally being wasted by a head coach who plays him out of position in a very unbalanced formation!

I get the "transition" thing this season but this shouldn''t be an excuse for a tactically naïve Head coach and some below stabndard players!

[quote user="hogesar"]Also interesting that, baring in mind im a massive Wes fan, theres no thread about him. He spent a lot of time in the CAM role whereas Vrancic was shifted from the right to the left etc, im not sure Wes done anymore than Vrancic.

Its a real shame our fans have to find someone to target but its been the case ever since ive supported the club and I assume it happens at other clubs.[/quote] Much like Wes, Vrancic suffers from the shortcomings of those around him (among whom yesterday Wes has to be included, being noticeably slow to react on several occasions). Wes is constantly excused making failed passes on the grounds that nobody saw the opening he''d seen and made the required run; mysteriously that degree of tolerance is never accorded Vrancic!

Its a real shame our fans have to find someone to target but its been the case ever since ive supported the club and I assume it happens at other clubs.[/quote]

Just to give the Wes comparison for key passes/chance creation maddison is the league no 1 this season with 2.7 per game. Wes is on 2.3 per game in 3rd. Sadly key passes mean the shot was off target, probably from nelson. No other city player is in the top 20.

Unfortunately Simmo, im not a purposeful wind up merchant, but I do my best.

Of course ive played football (albeit at no decent level). I do try and broaden my horizons somewhat by reading as many books on tactics etc as i get time too.

Either way im not too sure if its me who needs the advice on watching football. To give vrancic a 6/10 would put the majority of our team on a 4/10 against Wednesday in a 3-1 win.

He is a scapegoat for a decent percentage of fans at least in the lower barclay because i hear it with my own ears.

P.s happy new year!

Vrancic seems to suit playing deeper in a 4–3-2-1 as opposed to more advanced in a 4-2-3-1. The problem is we then sacrifice any width, but we do have arguably 2 of the best midfielders to play just behind Oliveira

No Vrancic against Millwall today because we had our much better options fit!

Not a scapegoat, just not good enough for this League end off and the less we see of him in the team the better!

He is good enough for this league.

But what people need to bear in mind is that you need a squad of players. And, amazingly, the ones that aren''t in the first 11 may not be as good as the ones in the first 11.

He''s a good passer and he tries to keep the ball for the team.

Norwich have had worse players than him in the past and I think there''s every chance they''ll have worse than him in the future.

@GJP

Yep, entirely.

He isn''t without talent and I think in the right system he could be good.

He just isn''t good enough to get in the starting XI over Trybull, Tettey, Maddison or Pritchard.

Nor is he good enough to force a change of formation or system to fit him in.

Don''t disagree with that. Have he and Trybull played together as the deeper lying midfielders yet this season?

Sure, but injury dependent. I seem to recall Vrancic got back in the squad basically because we had no other fit midfielders, and Tettey is unlikely to play every game.

For that reason I really wish we''d bought back Godfrey.

Trybull and Tettey work because Trybull is the solid base and Tettey adds a bit more athleticism to close down all over the pitch and occasionally offer some box to box support.

None of the other midfielders have the athleticism of Tettey so when we pair Trybull and Reed or Reed and Vrancic we''re too static and easy to play through in the middle.

Yeah again, I agree. Not Reed''s biggest fan (don''t really see what he adds), but him and Vrancic are not the best DM partnership.

That said, I''m fairly sure this was out of necessity rather than choice where Farke was concerned. May well see Trybull and Vrancic against Chelsea I guess, Tettey definitely deserves a rest IMO.

I was wondering about that, it does seem that Tettey and Trybull come as a package deal, and other combinations haven''t been tried out that much (dictated by availability sometimes obvsly).

Vrancic and Reed might show up better partnered with one of them.