Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Vrancic

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]To be fair a win away at Birmingham isn’t going to tell us a lot. Not sure you can pin it on 1 player not playing[/quote]

Sorry but he is so poor. During the Brentford match I noticed times when team mates would not pass to him and try a harder pass.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]That’s one way of getting at the current scapegoat I guess[/quote]

Scapegoat or League 1 player at best?

Let''s be a bit realistic here before we go looking for one scapegoat. We beat a team bottom of the League and really playing poorly, look at their team on paper and they shouldn''t be where they are. But to single out one player responsible for our recent dismal run is wrong in my humble opinion. Let''s win the next two, especially the last game at home before we point fingers!

The scary simplicity of football fans. 5 changes today, yet it was only 1 change that turned our fortunes around?!

Ok, everyone who comes on this post and thinks Vrancic is a good a player as silly Stuart Webber, I guess it must have been him keeping Vrancic in the team and not Farke.

I think most are happy that Tettey and Trybull are back in the team, and most are sensible enough not to blame all our woes on one single player.

I still think there is a potential player in there. He is getting g better as the season goes on. Doesn''t mean he necessarily is in our strongest team at present as playing with Pritchard and Maddison means we need a degree of ballast in there with them.

I''m quite interested to see who we might try and bring in during January, if even just on loan. Farke has been here c 6months now so should have a better understanding of the leagues requirements. Similarly who are they prepared to try and love on as they don''t fit the "style" we want to play.

Good result today and I think out best option at present is to stay in games and grind out results but would want a more pleasing pacy style to start to develop. On that note was impressed with Brentford tonight, quite like the boy woods. Anyone else junk he could do a job in there for us as the long term Tettey replacement?

Good result today, but it was against the worst team in the division by some margin. Needs to be backed up with another couple of positive results.

No doubt Tettey and Tribull are better suited if you want to play Maddison, Pritchard and Murphy, but be fair - Vrancic has been no where near our poorest performer in recent games he''s played.

Reminds me of that time our defence and results improved massively when Martin was dropped from the team.

Vrancic was the thickness of a pice of wood away from getting us back into the game against Brentford - and his overall performances have been improving.  He clearly has some class in the way he can see and deliver a pass and the scapegoating of him is utterly ridiculous. 

Playing a decent defensive unit with a natural left back in Lewis protected by a decent defensive midfield pairing in Tettey and Trybull was the difference. Whether Vrancic had played in front of that combination or not would probably make little difference against a team like Birmingham.

That said, the main difference was that we scored more goals than the opposition...

Quite simply if we play our best midfield like we did yesterday then Vrancic won''t be in the team.

I don''t rate him one bit cause he''s not physical enough, one paced and not quick thinking enough for Championship football, though I will give him credit for being able to pass the ball at times and he has improved from his earlier efforts.

Personally I wouldn''t have even had Vrancic on the bench yesterday cause Hoolahan offers more unless he''s injured?

Really!!!!

A few nice little mainly sideways and backwards passes with little forward momentum doesn''t make him the best player on the pitch!

We were noticeably more threatening when we brought on Maddison and Pritchard!

Vrancic can play the ball about nice but at a slow pace that''s rarely threatening to the opposition!

Overall not good enough for this League!

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]For 73 minutes today Vrancic was the best player on the pitch by a considerable margin.[/quote]

How many goals did he score or set up.

It’s like saying who is the best driver in a traffic jam to judge on a shit match.

Listened to the commentary and he certainly didn''t sound best player on the pitch.

Yes he''s getting better, but he''s had half a season to improve, and a player of his reputed calibre should be showing much more. He''s letting us down and slowing down play dramatically.

Poor signing. Same goes for Husband. Totally awful all season

In a game where he was in a key creative role against a team that hasn''t kept a clean sheet for 9 months we created 6 shots. I''m going out on a limb here to guess he probably wasn''t the best player on the park yesterday.

Though you do have options to create for. DF went with a team that was clearly not going to hurt anyone.

Not sure where you got that from West coast. I was there yesterday and vrancic was absolute cack. Zimmerman was best player on the pitch until pritch and Madders came on. Tettey was much better than vrancic and plenty in the crowd were discussing how rubbish vrancic was playing so it wasn''t just me who thought it.

Didnt think Vrancic was anything special but the fact he was probably in our top 4 or 5 players yesterday (and im sure the stats will back that up without looking) yet all the attention is on him kind of signals he is going to forever be a scapegoat for some.

KIO, the fact fans around you were criticisng Vrancic means nothing. When Vrancic had a good game against Wednesday fans all around me were talking about how poor he was. Football blind.