Sign in to follow this  
Bring-on-Flecky

Ian Henderson

Neil Adams said on Radio Norfolk that the home fans were
slagging off Ian Henderson during the match and it made him
play worse. Henderson is very talented and he''s also very young.
Confidence at his age is easily undermined and no matter
what errors he made during the match he shouldn''t have his
own fans on his back.

More support less criticism!!!

When a player plays that poorly any loses so many balls you can''t help but get frustrated. when Rivers plays badly he gets axed from the side. when will this happen to Hendo.

The difference between them is that Henderson is young, inexperienced, talented, makes mistakes but always gives the team 100% whereas Rivers is 10 years older, more experienced,talented, makes mistakes but hardly ever gives 100%. I would have Henderson in my team every time.

I think Hendo has done a grand job so far this season. He''s been slated by a few morons around me in the last few matches because he''s gone off on a run, seen a defender looming and turned back. In most cases he hasn''t lost the ball (a la Llewellyn), hasn''t run the ball out of play (a la Llewellyn), hasn''t fallen over (a la Llewellyn). Edworthy has been very vocal in his support of the lad. OK he didn''t have the best of games yesterday and perhaps it''s time to give him a break. Bring Brennan in on the left, have Weloveyou on the right and debate the midfield ''til the cows come home.

Otherwise, I thought we missed Iwan to start off with. Why oh why Leon thought he could shoot from 35 yards I don''t know but it was an all round off day. There are some big questions to answer from yesterday but I think when we''ve seen shocking performances before, we''ve had a reasonable bounce back. We''re still top of the league after all.

I really do think he should be rotated more. He starts nearly every game. There is a lot of pressure on us at the moment and it seems hes not taking it too well. He should be eased in often, not given the pressure of having the hopes of all norwich city fans on the players shoulders. Brennan looks like hes up for the job now so lets have him on the left and McVeigh on the right.

Worthy seems to beleive that "the man in possession of the shirt keeps it, providing his performance merits it".

That policy may be debatable for poor old Hendo at the moment, but that doesn''t justify the crowd''s reaction to his first half performance. "Well done the Snakepit", is all I''ll add to that for their chant towards the end of the first half.

Don''t think Worthy should tinker too much, but I''d go along with Brennan on the left and Paul on the right to see how that goes. Oh, and let Rivers go to Crewe for a month too

Was the chant a positive one? I hope so.

I know we''ve been through this before, but I''d like to see Rivers given a few games on the right with Brennan on the left. Although I''m McVeigh''s biggest fan, I think he needs a rest before the BIG run-in.

Yes, it was the usual Ian Henderson chant.

I''m not so sure about giving Rivers another run. He''s been here long enough to prove his worth and I always reach the same conclusion. On his day, he is very good going forward, but he often takes far too long to cross the ball and the quality of the cross is usually diasppointing. All too often, it''s just not his day and his defending is very disappointing.

I guess I agree about Rivers, but I really believe some players need two or three games to recharge. He can do a good job while we''re waiting. Can''t he? Perhaps not. Oh well, maybe we can get Harper back - he was very impressive compared to what we have here.

Give Rivers some match practice at Crewe and then possibly seeing if he''s ready to play with the big boys of this division again!

Very sad to hear on canaries world commentary that the crowd were getting at young Henderson. Things have not changed at Carrow Road when the Grandparents of the present day fans did the same thing to a young player Number 9 in their day. That same Player Number 9 one Ron Ashman went on to be one fo the best servants Norwich City have ever had. If you read this message board take heart young Henderson. Your day will come.

I have to agree Mook,would be nice to have Harper back.In my opinion I thought he lookes solid and had a lot to offer.What is the situation with him now ,has he got over his injury?

He came on last week for the final two minutes of the Villa v Portsmouth game, at the same time as Crouchy did, so he can''t be injured still. If I remember rightly, Portsmouth had masses of injuries that night and Harry Redknapp said that he was scraping the barrel to turn a side out. Doesn''t seem as if Harps has much of a future there then! I''d like to see him back as many of you apparently would.