Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Greetings

Happy New Year from the Philippines. I follow the pinkun daily and my emotions rise and fall with the results each week.

I hope to be in UK before the end of the season to get get to a match and meet up for a drink at the Nelson.

Until then let''s hope the results go with us and the new system proves successful.

I suppose you have to rely on the internet to see games now that we are in the Championship? Having said that probably far more coverage now than there was for the first 30 years away - - during which we has our (thus far) peak years.

Stencil, where in the Philippines are you based? I was there, with my family, for nearly five and a half years from 1990 to 1995. We lived in the Makati area of Metro Manila.

Hi CC, I live in Alabang area, also Metro Manila. Lived here for 28 years. Internet here is sometimes not brilliant, even with fibre optic connection, so I can''t always get a good enough stream for live matches. I rely on highlights for Championship games, but I watch Premier games through cable TV.

When we left work was just starting on building an overhead LRT train system along EDSA. Was it completed and did the nuclear power station being built on the Bataan peninsula come online?

We hope to make a return visit one of these days to see how things have changed. We have fond memories of our time there.