Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

AND THE NEW MANAGER IS..

Mmm Interesting...I hadn''t thought of Bowen.  Could be a good call.

Although you need to be wary of good coaches who are hapless and hopeless managers.  John Deehan anybody.

One doesn''t necessarily make the other.

Perhaps a management team comprising a young-ish coach like Bowen or Parkinson, together with an experienced hand such as a Jim Smith or Bobby Robson may be the way forward - any other suggestions?

I reckon that when Worthy does eventually resign, 2 or 3 years down the line of course, he''ll be replaced by Dave Williams. Inexperienced he may be, but it''d follow the logic of most of our managerial promotions in recent years.

To be honest I was surprised he came to us. Maybe a proverbial carrot has been dangled.

I''d rather have a more experienced manager with no previous connection to the club, Newell would be my choice at Luton, he''s probably taken them as far as he can and we may be attractive to him. He''s certainly got Luton playing very well, he can bring Berkovic with him as well.

[quote]Mmm Interesting...I hadn''t thought of Bowen. Could be a good call. Although you need to be wary of good coaches who are hapless and hopeless managers. John Deehan anybody. One doesn''t necessarily ...[/quote]

Deehan''s record wasn''t bad for us - certainly not as bad as Hamilton or Smegson.Besides, he was about 35 then and it was his first crack at management, under pretty dire conditions.