Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Farking genius?!

So ... was it a shrewd decision to rest those players on Saturday? Extra energy fuelling a second half today that Millwall couldn''t cope with?

Or has he just got lucky?

He said himself it was a gamble. Many other teams today rotated 5 / 6 players but as we know Farke chose today to field stronger team, also advised by sports scientist.

Having spent my hard earned cash and time to go to Burton, and seeing how poor they were, I''ve got to say no, not really genius. We could easily have had 9 points. Glad we got the win today but Burton was 2 points dropped.

I understood his plan, but just didn''t feel he needed that many changes at Burton. But 7 out of 9 is good going considering the feelings just over a week ago.

Considering Tettey still had to play 70minutes v Burton and Pritchard/Maddison also came on I wouldnt suggest it’s genius

We played a poor team that hasn’t won away all season, anything less than a win would have been an awful result

Millwall were value for at least a point and a scraped victory merely papers over the cracks. Those cracks will become massive canyons when we are forced to sell Pritchard, Maddison, Klose and one of Oliveira or Jerome in the next few weeks at knockdown prices.

Without additional finance coming in even if we avoid relegation this season it will be a mere stay of execution. I can genuinely see us doing a Luton and scrapping in the conference within the next five years.

Could we compete at that level with Delia at the helm? Football has changed and we’re being left behind.

I said after Burton if we got the win today we couldnt complain too much. 7 points out of 9 with two away games isnt bad going.

just watched the highlights and millwall has one shot and that was the goal we scored 2 /hit the bar and had a sucession of close chances

Definitely no genius.

Great to win today. especially because I''d force my poor old dad coughing and spluttering to the game. For a moment I thought he was actually not going to come.

He moaned like hell at half time but second half made the trip out much better.

Great goal by Morison. Other than that Millwall looked really poor.

Should have played stronger team at Burton. Winning games in the league is the most important thing.

Thought Josh had his best game for ages. Great to see him running at defenders.

Onwards and upwards. Even looking forward to the FA cup game.

If we win the cup then he will truly be a F.A.rking Genius

Could and should have won all 3. I don''t like the way people are so easy to accept closer to mediocrity.

Give the guy a bit of slack FFS.

Win all three, yeh like we were ever looking like doing that.

Mark Hughes did the same with Stoke except the “strong” Stoke team lost today, he’s now getting a lot of stick for it. Fine lines I guess but it worked for us.

Pleased with the outcome of the 3 games but it will take a lot more than 7 out of 12 points against poor opponents to convince me that he''s the man to take us forward long term.

Nobody would dream of arguing with 7 points out of nine but go back two games and it is 7 out of 15, or 10 out of 18.

The performances against the bottom teams have been pretty poor. If we are in a period of major restructure then yes getting beaten hollow by top teams is something that isn''t nice but understandable.

Burton was frankly, dross. Today was better but the complete lack of tactical change by a coach who professes tactics as his mantra, makes the overall performance poor.

I don''t give a monkey''s if Jerome is going or anyone else. We have matches to win and winning them with style if possible. And it was so obvious that Oliveira was utter tripe today that he should be replaced with a team player, which he definitely isn''t (related to Ronaldo?).

And why Watkins for Murphy? Why oh Why? And then another defender on for Maddison? Give Millwall more possession perhaps? Chance to throw into our area at the death?

How about keeping the ball at the other end and scoring a third?

Guess some will believe anything they are told rather than observing it with their own eyes.

The message you are replying to: Re: Farking genius?!

canarydan23 wrote the following post at 01/01/2018 7:18 PM:

No one ever ends a conclusive argument with "end of"

As you clearly haven’t 👍

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Nobody would dream of arguing with 7 points out of nine but go back two games and it is 7 out of 15, or 10 out of 18.

The performances against the bottom teams have been pretty poor. If we are in a period of major restructure then yes getting beaten hollow by top teams is something that isn''t nice but understandable.

Burton was frankly, dross. Today was better but the complete lack of tactical change by a coach who professes tactics as his mantra, makes the overall performance poor.

I don''t give a monkey''s if Jerome is going or anyone else. We have matches to win and winning them with style if possible. And it was so obvious that Oliveira was utter tripe today that he should be replaced with a team player, which he definitely isn''t (related to Ronaldo?).

And why Watkins for Murphy? Why oh Why? And then another defender on for Maddison? Give Millwall more possession perhaps? Chance to throw into our area at the death?

How about keeping the ball at the other end and scoring a third?

Guess some will believe anything they are told rather than observing it with their own eyes.[/quote]

???

That was the best play of stoppage time I''ve seen from us in a long time (admittedly we haven''t had anything to hold onto lately).

Maddison didn''t come off and was instrumental in keeping the ball in their half and the corners. Some nice passing too really took the pressure off and at no point did it look like Millwall would score (as it didn''t for the whole game either).

7 points out of 9 sounds good.

Beating a team bottom of the league, drawing 0-0 to a team who''d lost 8 at home on the bounce and failed to keep a clean sheet for over a quarter of a year and winning 2-1 at home against a team who have failed to win all season sounds like underachievement.

Context is everything.

When you elaborate on a point you don''t need to conclude with end of or the international sign of the thumbarsers. Give it a go.

It will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out against Chelsea next weekend with two very hard league games to follow. If Farke manages that situation well and we get 2 or more points from Bristol City and Sheff Utd then my opinion of him will change. I don''t want to harp back to the Burton game, but in the light of the games coming up he made the wrong decision and should have gone for maximum points (which would also have left us just 7 points off the play-offs).

Canarydan

In the same sense you could apply further context in that Birmingham beat Leeds after we beat them and Burton just beat Wednesday 3-0.

Interesting that Rowett has admitted today that his players were flat and devoid of quality due to fatigue and that today was a ''game too far'' for the players he picked.

Should have rotated......?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Millwall were value for at least a point and a scraped victory merely papers over the cracks. Those cracks will become massive canyons when we are forced to sell Pritchard, Maddison, Klose and one of Oliveira or Jerome in the next few weeks at knockdown prices.

Without additional finance coming in even if we avoid relegation this season it will be a mere stay of execution. I can genuinely see us doing a Luton and scrapping in the conference within the next five years.

Could we compete at that level with Delia at the helm? Football has changed and we’re being left behind.[/quote]

The happy clappers just don’t have forward thinking, I totally agree with this post, we are just about hanging by a thread at the moment.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Millwall were value for at least a point and a scraped victory merely papers over the cracks. Those cracks will become massive canyons when we are forced to sell Pritchard, Maddison, Klose and one of Oliveira or Jerome in the next few weeks at knockdown prices.

Could we compete at that level with Delia at the helm? Football has changed and we’re being left behind.[/quote]

The happy clappers just don’t have forward thinking, I totally agree with this post, we are just about hanging by a thread at the moment.