Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Huddersfield after Pritchard

@DDD

Fair enough.

I was probably being a bit imprecise when saying ''the Murphy money'' hasn''t been reinvested as yes, some of that may well have gone on Hanley.

My general point is that if we sell Pritchard for £12m, I''d be surprised if we reinvested even 50% of that on players, as happened with transfer fees this summer.

We''ve defo got to account for 7 million else we go into an overdraft at the end of season, then there might be money owed to spurs maybe? I expect whatever''s left half will be made available, not a lot to replace your best player unless we get silly money for him, maybe why reports today suggest Huddersfield aren''t willing to pay what we want

Well I''d imagine part of it will also be set aside to fill in the black hole approaching next season when we lose the last parachute payments.

[quote user="king canary"]No, these are the figures given by Stone at the AGM for this summers business.

"Stone also showed exactly how much business was carried out in the transfer market during the summer, generating £17.4m in sales and freeing up £293,000 per week in wages. Those were replaced by £8.1m in fees and £120,000 per week in wages."[/quote]

I''m assuming he''s referring to John Ruddy, Ryan Bennett, Bassong, Michael Turner, Mulumbu, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Whittaker, Declan Rudd, Jonny Howson, Jacob Murphy and Graham Dorrans as the summer business (nominal wages for the likes of Ray Grant and McGrandles) totaling the £293k per week.

So that''s an average of 26k. In the Championship. I thought McNally was supposed to be good with money.

Huddersfield will not pay what we want as he has been injured for a large part of season

they are now seeing him as a gamble fitness wise so will not budge on fee

I think those figures were particularly about players, I imagine wages have been saved in other areas though - Farke and his coaching staff will probably be on less than Neil, Irvine and co.

Average of £26K a week sounds about right. Murphy and Rudd won;t have been on anything like that and perhaps Whitaker, Bennett and Turner maybe on a bit less. Howson, Ruddy, Mulumbu, Bassong probably on quite a bit more than £26k a week.

Typical prem wages for our senior first team players will have been about £35k - £40K and they probably dropped by about a quarter when we got relegated.

King I heard on the grapevine that Farke is on wages that would be considered very cheap by championship standards. IF he starts to get us going i would not be at all surprised to see a new contract offered quite swiftly.

We made a profit of 8.3 million on transfer activity in the last window (£17.4m received and £8.1m paid). We cut the wage bill by 173k per week (just under £9m p.a.). We are currently projected to make of profit of £2.1m for the year, but have a cash shortfall of £7m hence the overdraft facility.Our average wage last year was £28,200 – more than twice the average Championship team.https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/AGM.pdfhttp://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/record-wage-bill-reliance-on-premier-league-tv-money-and-23m-to-pay-in-promotion-bonuses-what-accounts-reveal-about-norwich-city-1-5261729