Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Huddersfield after Pritchard

Only just saw the price-

"They are keen to at least get their money back after paying £8.5million for Pritchard,24, in August 2016 from Tottenham.

But the Carrow Road club are likely to end up making a small profit if Pritchard goes.

Pritchard is now fit again and got on the scoresheet on Boxing Day with his first of the season after recovering from ankle surgery."

We should be looking to make more than a ''small profit.''

Completely unacceptable if he is sold in this transfer window unless we get at least £15m and even then i''d still not be happy. We should be keeping our best players for at least the remainder of this season given we could still make the playoffs.

still this is what we now have to expect with our owners having scr*wed up every opportunity and determined to drag us down their misguided path to nephew Tom. We''d better get used to it and we won;lt get what we should for these players or what other clubs would get if they were in the same position because we will be desperate to pocket the cash.

And people think we''ll hold out for £20+ million for Maddison.

Pritchard is too good for us, and should be in the premier league. It''s a shame his talents were not utilised properly last season as I believe he''d could have pushed us into the play offs.

Had we had him from the start this year, we''d be higher up the table too. I''d like to think he''d go to a club a bit better than Huddersfield though. I half expected a Palace or West Ham to come in for him.

[quote user="king canary"]Only just saw the price-

"They are keen to at least get their money back after paying £8.5million for Pritchard,24, in August 2016 from Tottenham.

But the Carrow Road club are likely to end up making a small profit if Pritchard goes.

Pritchard is now fit again and got on the scoresheet on Boxing Day with his first of the season after recovering from ankle surgery."

We should be looking to make more than a ''small profit.''[/quote]

Signed for a good price to confirm promotion..... did not happen.... and does not look like happening this year.

Better to get top-dollar now than firesale later personally I would rather sell Maddison but it looks like we will have to sell one to keep the other.

It may even make us a better team if we can get some pace and width in the team.

Prichard is fantastic at this level I don''t think he is fast enough for the top half of the prem so anything north of 10 million is fair value 12/13m.

Ironically probably worth more in this division than in the premier league.

Ohh Noo! I do hope the club raises the 2018/19 season ticket prices by at least 5% so that we can retain the likes of Pritch ''n Madders!......Yes soireee!.....

If it gets to £12m they’ll sell and the same goes for Madison, we’ve got to find at least £35m next season

Get the petitions, placards and collection buckets out on Saturday and gather around the stadium 2hrs before kick off.......

We must not let Pritch ''n Madders go!.......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Ohh Noo! I do hope the club raises the 2018/19 season ticket prices by at least 5% so that we can retain the likes of Pritch ''n Madders!......Yes soireee!.....[/quote]Working on 20,000 season tickets at an average £500 gives you £10m.An increase of 5% would bring in an extra £500k (less if there are mass defectors who don''t renew)With the greatest will in the World half a million quid is hardly going to keep Maddison & Pritchard here when they''re likely to bring in upwards of £20m when sold

Pritchard will go but we will sell Madders with a loan back for rest of season

we have to to raise money i do not mind that if we reinvest the money or some of it as that is where we are

I still do not trust Webber to use correctly though

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Pritchard will go but we will sell Madders with a loan back for rest of season

we have to to raise money i do not mind that if we reinvest the money or some of it as that is where we are

I still do not trust Webber to use correctly though[/quote]

If it was a choice between the two until the end of the season, I''d much prefer Pritchard.

I don''t like the idea of selling a player and loaning them back. Baring injury, the bids will still be there for the two of them in the summer. The club should make a statement of intent and reject all bids until then. Again, baring injury, their value is only likely to increase as they finish the season with strong form.

If we sell Maddison or / and Pritchard it will be a damning indictment of Delia''s "self funding" b"llocks...

Some of our fans "acceptance" of this is equally as depressing..

Selling Naismith / Klose / Nelson is acceptable to me but you will not replace these two with the same quality.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Pritchard will go but we will sell Madders with a loan back for rest of season

I still do not trust Webber to use correctly though[/quote]

Reinvest? You are joking yes?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Ok, how about raising the price of STs by 25% then?......[/quote]That would bring in an extra £2.5m but only if you kept 20,000 season ticket holders.An increase of 25% would probably see 5,000 not renew which would mean you''ve just lost the £25m you''ve just tried to gain.Economics is fun, isn''t it.

This is what self funding will look like. People talk about us planning long term but all it creates is several short term windows. As soon as a player starts to show real ability they''ll be snapped up by someone with more money.

Spot on Mike - the shrugging of shoulders and muted acceptance of the possibility of selling a key player shows that the board have won, they have dampened expectations and worn down our spirit to such a degree that it appears they can do what they like so as to ensure Delia and Michael get to hand over their club to Nepotism Tom. Some of us will moan about it but its like some sort of cult and it seems our fanbase will never rise up to the level necessary to bring about change.

Sad to see.

[quote user="Mike "]If we sell Maddison or / and Pritchard it will be a damning indictment of Delia''s "self funding" b"llocks...

[/quote]

Is the same B* about doing whats right for the club?

[quote user="king canary"]This is what self funding will look like. People talk about us planning long term but all it creates is several short term windows. As soon as a player starts to show real ability they''ll be snapped up by someone with more money.[/quote]

The Happy Clappers will be happy with that!

Is anyone really surprised by this? It’s plainly obvious that players like Pritchard will be sold. Even if we hang onto him in this window, we will have to sell him in the summer. This is what the vision is. Creating a club that the owners can afford to hold on to and hand down to their Nephew. This transition bollocks is just that, people say we’re building a team for next season but a lot of these players won’t be here. This season has always been about the dampening of expectations and the return to us being a mid table championship club that supposedly will be self sufficient, because our owners won’t put any money in and the won’t let go of their toy to let anyone richer have a go.