Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Happy Birthday To A Living Legend.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 05/01/2018 7:39 PM:

Happy birthday to a legend and my old next door neighbour!

Who is your old next door neighbour?

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]That was the golden era of supporting Norwich for me.

Happy birthday KK.[/quote]Trouble was we kept on selling our best players to balance the books!

I’ll always remember KK in that away cup tie at Old Trafford. Man U had all there stars out but Don Heath and Gordon Bolland scored the goals that beat them. Also the home game with Northampton when KK got so fed up with their centre forward that he just dropped the ball, hit the centre forward with a left hook and walked off not waiting for the ref to send him off.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Blimey Tilly, I thought you were wishing me belated birthday wishes. 😊😊[/quote]Blimey Crafty, are you really only seventy seven? [:O]

[quote user="Midlandscanary"]I used to deliver his papers - did you have them from Frost as well - if so your Christmas tips were terrible!![/quote]

That is to Lakeland Canary

[quote user="Midlandscanary"][quote user="Midlandscanary"]I used to deliver his papers - did you have them from Frost as well - if so your Christmas tips were terrible!![/quote]

That is to Lakeland Canary[/quote]Don''t know. It was when he lived in Thorpe St Andrew. Maybe it was the people on the other side who were poor tippers [;)]

1972 was a great time to be a city supporter,it was amazing atmosphere and exciting to be promoted to the big league for the first time ever .keelan was the best keeper we have ever had and should have been given a international cap.

I think he invented Bruce Grobelaar. He was the first keeper I recall who entertained as much as anything else.

The 1967 game at Old Trafford stands out for sheer goalkeeping but some of his antics, like the Tommy Robson one, were sheer drama and entertsinment.

Much too serious a game nowadays.

Best keeper never to play for England.