Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

If we lose against Ipswich and then Reading

Right now the Board appear to be sticking behind W and he is going to brave things out.

However, the Reading match will be the watershed "10th" match that so many people refer to.

In a worst case scenario we lose to Ipswich. That would put enormous pressure on W for the Reading match. Let''s assume we lose that match as well, a quite likely result right now.

That would leave us as played 10, won 1, drawn 3, lost 6 -  6 points ( with 6 played at home and only 4 away).

Given that scenario, and taking all the emotion out of it, what do people genuinely think should happen?

1) Should we stick it out with W and hope that things get better?

2) Should he be sacked?

3) Should he resign?

If he won both matches should he get manager of the month ?

If he beat the binners but drew with the biscuitmen should he stay ?

If he lost to the binners but beat the biscuitmen should he go but come back again ?

If he drew both games should he stay to 15 games perhaps ?

Should the managers of Millwall and Sheff Weds been sacked before last night, and had they had been sacked would people have claimed their dismissal was what led to last night''s wins ?

God forbid it gets that far but if as you say after 10 games that is the result then it should definatly be 2 or 3 it would be interesting to see which. Many on here will and are already saying that he should go now, so it might not even get to that stage. There will be a lot of very angry people about if it is alowed to get to that point. Because it should never have been happened in the first place.

on a another point watching west ham and wigan in the premiership this season just shows how bad we were, i mean west ham winning 4-0 at home to aston villa! west ham didn''t even win the league.

Tell me i''m getting carried away but if this bad form continues, picture the scene its january, new manager, still our form is very poor, a premiership team comes in for ashton and green. another nine years do you think?!!!!!

All very possible and all very scary! This needs sorting NOW to stop anything like this from happening.

fatman, gosh tempting some interesting responses aren''t you?

To answer your points

1) To be fair i think he should be given until it is 100% clear it is him, not the players or other factors, ie: long injury list, appalling refree decisions every week, to my mind he is not going to turn it around this season. Question is how long is long enough, now, after Ipswich, January?  Umm, IMHO if we get completely turned over at Portman Road, he will have to go, not just for me, but this is a make or break fixture - Ipswich are worse (?) than us at present and I don''t know how long the players can keep going without a total fallout - their lack of  confidence is already beginning to show on the pitch.  Also, losing badly there will make things v difficult for him with supporters.

2) Money talks here i guess, as I don''t have access to the accounts I couldn''t even begin to guess what the compensation for sacking him would be.  I guess the lesser of two evils should relegation become a serious worry.

3) Can''t see him resigning and that would be a shame. He has done great things for the club and our promotion year will never be forgotten, but it is beginning to look bleak for him.  My burning question would be if he resigns, please take your staff with you! I honestly think they are one of his main problems.  Who we would have to replace him is I guess the Board''s main dilemma.  Who is available with experience in this division?

Dont forget Northampton at home on Tuesday. If they humiliate us there will be a great deal of disquiet to say the least, and its often games like this that lose managers their jobs.

If indeed we do lose against both Ipswich and Reading then I have no doubt that the board should have the courage to sack Worthington.

Not just because of this season, but also because of last season. The man has spent millions on players over last season and this but to what avail? A disorganised clutch of players who cannot string together a sequence of reasonable results over the last 40+ games.

It is the managers job to get a result from the resources available to him. This W has patently failed to do, and if we end up with 6 points after 10 gaems he HAS to go.

Managers (& Directors) need to know the following four part equation;Dull performances + good results = happy supportersEntertaining performances + average results = happy supporters (ish)Entertaining performances + good results = ecstatic supportersCrap performances + crap results = Very Annoyed Supporters