Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Huddersfield announce season ticket prices, when do we ours?

If they are in the premier league or not, £250 for adults

Probably the best Norwich fans can hope for is a price freeze at double that, anyone still feel like they''re getting good value for money?

How many more in the coming week will announce way below what we pay to keep Delia''s little toy afloat? Got a feeling if it''s many more our season tickets numbers could drop drastically.

I''m well aware that they are getting the prem tv money but what did our great owner do when we were, in the words of our sporting director "pissed it against a wall" while acting like them freezing our prices was such a great thing they were doing for the fans.

Crazy to think that for half the price of our cheapest ticket, you can watch all the top players in the Premier League.

Good on Huddersfield

Yet they still only sold 20,197 last year.... And the year they got promoted they had only sold 15,000 and that was a 60% increase on the year before.

Anyone would think that they are cheap because that''s all they could charge for them and now it makes such an insignificant contribution to their budget it makes more sense to give goodwill to the fans

Lots of fans of other clubs talking about it on twitter, apparently wolves are doing £39 for under 18''s for their first season ticket before switching to normal price after that every year, great way for people to take their kids and if they don''t enjoy it no big deal

DDD - It''s a balancing act, we are now going to be very reliant on the proceeds from the ST sales, if/when we do see a drop in the sales then the price needs looking at. I''m not saying our model is better than the Wolves/Huddersfield model but we have been selling out the season tickets (and in the main the entire stadium) for a sustained period. Wolves have a lot of money behind them are nailed on for promotion, are trying to get new fans through the gates and are in a very competitive region for clubs having been the lowest ranked one for some time until recently. The same can be said about Huddersfield only they have already got the promotion.

In a way getting the goodwill now provides some insurance against relegation as well, following relegation you can probably expect a lingering level of support that slowly tails off (I have no evidence for that, but it''s scientific fact). We are most likely about to start seeing the start of that tail off in the next couple of seasons judging by the views expressed here, but it''s better that it happens from a high level than a low one. So yes, it makes sense to have a full stadium when the sun is shining

£250 in Huddersfield is actually a month''s salary. So you could argue we''re getting a better deal.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]£250 in Huddersfield is actually a month''s salary. So you could argue we''re getting a better deal.[/quote]
[:D]

But even if the tickets are cheaper, think about the transport costs from Norwich to Huddersfield - it still works out much cheaper here[:D]

All the employed folk are so well paid with gargantuan salaries in Rich an'' Affluent Norfolk.......So therefore, NCFC can charge what they bleedin'' well like for season tickets.......HUZZAH!.......Worth every damn penny!.......

I didn’t renew this season and I can honestly say that I don’t miss it at all. Each to there own but if you’re not happy with the direction the club is taking and the cost of the tickets, you have a choice

Once again I point to the lack of competition around Norwich.

Nearest club in another county and over 40 miles away. No other major sport for miles.

Whether it is good value is up to each individual who buys one.

Always remember a farmer on Radio Cornwall replying why he wasn''t selling his "taties" at the time, that "when all the others have run outa taties, I can sell mine for more".

I''m not renewing and it''s not really all down to the price although that is part, this year is going to be a busy one for me so I''m likely to miss a fair few games anyway, once you miss more than two it''s cheaper to just buy casual tickets and working shifts I''m fed up of swapping or taking holiday to go to midweek fixtures when the football served up is so poor.

The finally straw for me this season though has been the selling off of tickets at discount prices for games where not many casual tickets are likely to be sold, games like Brentford and Burton, once the attendance drops that will probably be a common thing for more games so what''s the point in keeping a season ticket to pay more than anyone off the street, thanks for your loyal support!

Well i will renew because i have been going so long it would be sad not to and it is always a roller coaster supporting this club. That said the club are in a pickle with ST prices, to be frank they are too expensive for what is being offered. The prices of many other clubs is significantly less and the loss of any meaningful waiting list means that more and more will stop their tickets in the knowledge that they can get in as casuals which was not the case for many seasons. The numbers of ST holders could easily drop 4000 to 6000 over the next 2 to 3 seasons depending upon performances

While I’m cautious of wishing away our support, I do think that the current base needs freshening up. Maybe a dip in renewals will “wake up” the board? I doubt it though; truth is that we need every available penny so perhaps we’ll see an increase in price to counter the drop in numbers?

Whatever.

Ultimately, you can get a season ticket at Manchester City for less than we pay, never mind Huddersfield. I’ve pointed out on another thread the cost of round trips to Manchester and how it actually works out massively more expensive but, for me anyway, the key is that I don’t want to watch Huddersfield, Manchester City, United, Liverpool, Spurs, the Scum or the Harlem Globetrottters. I want to watch Norwich City and as such how much tickets cost anywhere else is irrelevant.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Once again I point to the lack of competition around Norwich. [/quote]What difference would it make if there was competition. Unless you''re just a glory hunter you stick with the Club that you''ve grown up supporting.If there was another Club 20 miles down the road how many supporters would switch their allegiance just to save a few quid?Nevertheless, NCFC cannot carry on overcharging their loyal supporters and something needs to change because they cannot justify PL prices for mediocre mid table Championship football.

Duncan Edwards wrote

I want to watch Norwich City and as such how much tickets cost anywhere else is irrelevant.

This is exactly how the NCFC BOD''s mind thinks.

They know their is only 3 League Clubs within a 2 hour drive

n Edwards wrote

Huddersfield, Barnsley, Hull, Leeds, the two Sheffield clubs, Bradford, Doncaster, Rotherham Manchester and it''s surrounding clubs are the names, off the top of my head, that are local, maybe that''s why.

I do agree to an extent Duncan, the problem with having a large portion of the tickets as season ticket means that we don''t get new supporters into the ground and unfortunately the ones that are most likely to not renew are the ''squeezed middle'' (god I hate that phrase). The boomers who have had their ST for 20 years will still keep going but those with young families approaching the age where the kids would start going are unlikely to whilst the cost remains as it is.

Perhaps they should start increasing the cost of a season ticket for every year you''ve had one, say start off at £200 and then £20 extra per year, . That should keep a nice healthy turnover of fans :)

If numbers drop and the club continues to discount tickets then financialy being a casual supporter makes some sense. But its not all about money, its about having your seat with the same people around you each week. But.......... to disagree with myself, everybody has a price they will not pay

They should introduce a price structure similar to that which my, and many other, Golf Clubs have.This is based on age, the older you are the more you pay.

Plenty of casual seats in where I sit due to the pillar blocking a good view so won''t be a problem being in with the usual crowd as lots have this season, are we the only club that doesn''t give a discount for impaired view?

The age thing actually raises a good point, dare I say our crowds average age will be a lot higher than most clubs I''ve experienced, my old man pays £200 a season less than me (I think) for the seat next to mine, over the whole attendance that''s quite a lot of difference in revenue.

I''m fed up with the myth that all old people are poor, far from it, most elderly people are sitting on a nice sized property with their triple lock pension that is raising far higher than inflation, not to mention how many have private, armed forces or civil service pensions, winter fuel allowance etc while younger generations support these pensions, it all costs money to the current working man

This could get things going haha

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Plenty of casual seats in where I sit due to the pillar blocking a good view so won''t be a problem being in with the usual crowd as lots have this season, are we the only club that doesn''t give a discount for impaired view?

The age thing actually raises a good point, dare I say our crowds average age will be a lot higher than most clubs I''ve experienced, my old man pays £200 a season less than me (I think) for the seat next to mine, over the whole attendance that''s quite a lot of difference in revenue.

I''m fed up with the myth that all old people are poor, far from it, most elderly people are sitting on a nice sized property with their triple lock pension that is raising far higher than inflation, not to mention how many have private, armed forces or civil service pensions, winter fuel allowance etc while younger generations support these pensions, it all costs money to the current working man

This could get things going haha[/quote]The way we''re playing this season they should charge a premium for obstructed view [;)]£200 on the doormat = another nail in the coffin [:''(]

Ours got released on the 16th January last year so guess we''ll hear in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully they will be frozen again.